robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do we need RVP?

Not being spoilt but I am happy with the four lads who played up front last season (apart from Carlos golfing holiday) and helped win us the league. I can't see why we need to break them up and think that Dzeko and Ballotelli deserve more playing time if the two Argetinians are unavailable to see what they can do.

Plus I've never warmed to Van Persie and he is 29 and injury prone. I would have thought a winger and a central defender would be more a priority

Having said that I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, ie is Tevez happy etc. Plus if Bobby wants Van Persie then who we are to argue with him in light of the last 2 seasons.

Personally I really hope that its just paper talk that we are interested in Van Persie but fear I could be wrong.

best case scenario , tevez gets his head right and plays to his best
Balo matures and plays to his best
Kun gets even better
Silva revels in the options he would have
Why would we need anyone else? injuries and suspensions will happen so cover is needed, of course, but we are ok for that
Someone to blend into Barry's role is more important imo, young legs and big engine with a football brain, to feed Silva,
Worst case scenario, we sign RVP on a 5 year contract and he breaks a toe-nail on his debut and he joins the rest of our millionaire misfits

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
Me too. Can't wait to see a few people eating their words if he does come here.
He will be awesome and has already done some great work with that statement to lower his fee and help push the deal through to us.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'm scratching my head at the number of people that don't want RVP. I find it bizarre.

117859.jpg

I'm with you mate.

No, don't want him, we would be better keeping what we have got up front and may be adding a couple of out and out wingers to feed Dzecko, instead of bringing that Nob to City.
Saying that, i don't think he is in our plans, if you look at Bobby's signings they have all been under the age of 25 apart from cover players for midfield.
Bring Guidetti back and keep what we have, Van pisswipe can go to them lot for me.

Uber Blue said:
I honestly can't for the life of me understand why this deal, if it comes off, represents a gamble.

RVP was the leading goal scorer in the PL last year with 30 goals - that was in a side that finished 19 points behind us. Not only that, he was absolutely fucking class and scored all different types of goals. With regards to injury, yeah, he could miss a few games, but that goes for every other player in our squad.

We could get two to three years whilst he's at his peak as speed has never been a necessity to the way he plays; it's movement, anticipation and finishing which he excels at.

I tell you what though, it shows you how far we have come when people are arguing/discussing the merits of signing Arsenal's best player and the leading Premier League scorer.

You are massively misrepresenting his injury record, for at least 3 seasons he has not even played half the games in a season due to injury.

It is worth stating he has a much worse injury record than most other players.

TCIB said:
Uber Blue said:
I honestly can't for the life of me understand why this deal, if it comes off, represents a gamble.

RVP was the leading goal scorer in the PL last year with 30 goals - that was in a side that finished 19 points behind us. Not only that, he was absolutely fucking class and scored all different types of goals. With regards to injury, yeah, he could miss a few games, but that goes for every other player in our squad.

We could get two to three years whilst he's at his peak as speed has never been a necessity to the way he plays; it's movement, anticipation and finishing which he excels at.

I tell you what though, it shows you how far we have come when people are arguing/discussing the merits of signing Arsenal's best player and the leading Premier League scorer.

You are massively misrepresenting his injury record, for at least 3 seasons he has not even played half the games in a season due to injury.

It is worth stating he has a much worse injury record than most other players.

"In the 8 years van Persie has played for Arsenal, he's only managed to feature in 60.3% of the competitive games for the club. 462 games played by Arsenal whilst the Dutchman only took to the field 279 times."

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=529975

The difference is, we wouldn't only have 1 decent striker like Arsenal.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
i8rags said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
How do you know that Bob wants RVP, because TH says so? He could have just as likely been tapped up Real, Juve or PSG so until he signs then we don 't what RM wants, and anyway what is this RAWK no manager is beyond question not even RM, I have supported Bob since he took the job, but I would be lying if I said I had never at anypoint questioned his judgement.
John cross mirror journo and so called Arsenal expert was on talkshite today and he said, Mancini is desperate to sign RvP. Also Arsenal themselves are accusing us of tapping up RvP,
But of course it's coz TH said so. On a further note, if you questioned Mancinis judgement at any time then surely you have been proved wrong.

That is foolish to think that way, Mancini has admitted several times that he had mistakes at Everton and liverpool (in 10-11) perhaps, I did n't say I think we should sack him but to think a manager can do no wrong is misguided as is taking anything said by a supposed ITK on an internet forum (who uses Youtube videos to communicate) as gospel.
Foolish, your points are nothing to do with bobs transfer policy, come back with a related argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.