Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

Use for home games, but don't play him against Stoke, Burnley etc away.

brady0 said:
mike24 said:
I agree mate. He has to play for me simply because he is so good! His finishing is top notch and his passing is brilliant too. Yes he drifts in and out of games but he has to start for me.

Play bellamy wide left to help bridge and swp/tevez on the right with ade and robinho up front......simples

He was our top scorer last season!

im sorry but robinhos finishing is not top notch. hes a good goalscorer and scores some beautys but hes not a top finisher. he falls apart in one on ones with the keeper.

Robinho is undoubtably a finisher with most of his goals coming for a midfield role like on Ronaldo however what we didn't have last season was a goal scorer now we do we don't need his goals that much and i think his work rate doesn't warrant a place in our team at present. Bellamy is effective in front of goal and in midfield because he uses both pace and determination, he also chips in defensively ie/ tackle in our bottom corner in the villa game. You wouldn't see Robinho in our half unless he was coming to collect the ball to take on three men before losing it! Ireland and barry for me. The reason we weren't making up ground at villa was that we had de jong and Barry on the pitch at the same time and they both defend. Ireland came on in a free role and made almost an instant impact because he gets forward and can pick a pass.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Can't wait to have Robinho back. He wasn't on fire during the 3 games he played at the start of the season but he still had a hand in 3 of our 4 goals scored and this break will do him the world of good as he had a long summer playing for Brazil. Against the lesser sides that will sit back and invite you to come at them like Fulham in the cup we need a player like Robinho as he's got the ability to pick a pass better than most if not all our other attacking players and i can't knock Bellamy to be honest as he's been excellent in the last 5 games or so but i'm sure Hughes will find a place for Robbie once fully fit and i'd rather have Robbie in the side than Tevez if it came down to that

Please mate do me a favour. Tevez does everything but the head the ball well. Two goals against West Ham not a bad game at villa held the ball up better than adebayor and santa cruz.. He can mix it up with teams like burnley and stoke because he is physical and technical! He scored some very important goals for united. Both good players but they both need to be in.

sure its going to be hard to pick our line up when robinho is back, ade is possibly our biggest player, bellemy is in immesne form, swp always give us an option, tevez will get better and is a real worker, ireland is my favorite player, petrov is amazing when on song and then to add on the top of that weve got rsc who will surely be in the mix aswell BUT after saying all this robinho aswell as adebayor HAVE to be the first two names on the team sheet....cue the pick on form team!...he just has to start, people have got very short memories, yes he may drift in and out of games but even when hes not playing his best he makes so much space for other players as he normally as 2 or 3 players marking him. The thing is id 100% start with robinho but hughes should be able to communicate to him and say to him if you are getting kicked out of the game at the likes of stoke wigan and bolton then i will take you off at half time but not because of how your playing.

TaylorWill07 said:
sure its going to be hard to pick our line up when robinho is back, ade is possibly our biggest player, bellemy is in immesne form, swp always give us an option, tevez will get better and is a real worker, ireland is my favorite player, petrov is amazing when on song and then to add on the top of that weve got rsc who will surely be in the mix aswell BUT after saying all this robinho aswell as adebayor HAVE to be the first two names on the team sheet....cue the pick on form team!...he just has to start, people have got very short memories, yes he may drift in and out of games but even when hes not playing his best he makes so much space for other players as he normally as 2 or 3 players marking him. The thing is id 100% start with robinho but hughes should be able to communicate to him and say to him if you are getting kicked out of the game at the likes of stoke wigan and bolton then i will take you off at half time but not because of how your playing.

100% agree

Robbie has proved himself a goal scorer in the premiership last year and shown us all how good he is on the international circut playing for brazil. We can simply not just leave him on the bench in my opinion he is our most techniquely gifted player and proberbly the most skillfull in the Prem. Games like Stoke and burnley away are certainly not his cup of tea so like last year he can be effective in these games as an impact player coming of the bench. Home games however he should start every single one as soon as he is fit! Shaun isnt having the best of times at the moment and robinho coming back, i think will do him some good with having competition.

Robbie is a proven superstar that needs to be in our team full stop, he started this revolution and I want to see him lead the lane in changing MCFC!

theholyswan said:
stockportblue said:
City have become a very good counter attacking side.Robinho slows down counter attacks allowing defenders to get goal side.He will have to adapt to Citys style if he is going to get back in the side.

I do agree with this, he does slow counter attacks down. Hopefully he wont have tracked back anyway and will be half way up the pitch to begin with.

PMSL!!

PLEASE tell me you know WHY he slows them down?!!

bluebean said:
with adebayor now playing up top for us! we can play robinho in a free role behind ade! this will be perfect for him and he can drift all over poping up for the ball! i think this is his favored position rather than out on the left!

Correct.

Just think about how far we have come...few months ago it was fitting the likes of vas beni fernandes hamann into out front 6...now we have options such as barry NDJ swp ireland bellers robbie johno tevez petrov weiss RSC and ade....wow just realised we have an amazing squad lol :O

Kinky Dribbler said:
bluebean said:
with adebayor now playing up top for us! we can play robinho in a free role behind ade! this will be perfect for him and he can drift all over poping up for the ball! i think this is his favored position rather than out on the left!

Correct.

Do you know, it's a myth as to the left being Rob's best position? He only played left for his national team to accommodate Kaká and Ronaldinho. At Real, he was left in much the same position, with the S Striker position taken.

He plays left as he knows how to play there, having adapted his game to be there. However, you will see him drift central behind the striker, more often than not, as it's natural position.

As I've said in another thread a day or two ago, I would play Robby in attacking mid/ S Striker role ahead of Ireland as his weight of pass and vision are a step up from Stevie's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.