So you reply....'Very much this'

......:o)

Edit: ono beat me to it.

simon23 said:
MCFCinUSA said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/robinho-santos-manchester-city

hope this helps someone then:

>>
Robinho says he is much happier at Santos than Manchester City. Photograph: Carl Recine/Action Images

Robinho has reiterated his desire to extend his loan stay at Santos and hopes talks have already been initiated Manchester City. Robinho returned to Santos in January, signing a six-month loan deal that is set to expire on 4 August. The 26-year-old, who spent the first three seasons of his career at Santos, has been in impressive form and having notched up five goals in eight matches puts his refound goalscoring prowess down to his happiness.

"It was the right choice," said Robinho. "I'm good physically and mentally. I hope to continue like this until the end of my spell at Santos.

"Where I have to be happiest is within the four lines of the pitch, and this is happening. I intend to continue for long. I hope that the board is already addressing this issue. You just have to look at my face to see my desire to stay at the club."
<<

where in that bit does it say he wants to extend his stay?

he says he is enjoying it there....and the reason he gives is cause he is playing more....he also says he hopes to continue enjoying it till the END of his loan....that doesnt say he wants to extend it

again im not saying he hasnt said it but all footballers say things like this and it should be taken with a huge pinch of salt

Did you try reading the first line of the second paragraph?

(and I promise not to mention this to the 'epic fail' brigade, especially as they don't need any more encouragement, ehehe)

and in case you missed it there, it's also in here:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/robinho-wants-to-stay-in-brazil-1920421.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 20421.html</a>

MCfcBOB said:
Bluemoon115 said:
He can.

But he chooses not to.
Very much this.

Why, though? Don't understand why a player that was at the top of his game, and world renowned, would want to retreat to nothing? I get that he has lots of money, but that is a given. Why give up on being the best in the world?

simon23 said:
you clearly have issues with the player

I have issues with any player who doesn't try and obviously doesn't want to play for the club.

that wont allow you to see that he is a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games.

Wrong. He is "a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games". However, his performances prove he only does it when he can be arsed to.

If you can't see this, then that's your look out. Carry on defending a gutless, lazy waster who doesn't give a shit about our club and doesn't want to stay here.

just one thing though?...why cannt you take my claim seriously? do you have trust issues?

If you are asking if I automatically believe every claim made by some stranger on an internet forum - er, no.

That's why I asked you for the source for your claim:

simon23 said:
it went something along the lines of wanting to get fit and playing at santos, go to world cup and then he wanted to return to city to play and prove himself there

You refused to give it. So I tried google:

screenhunter381.jpg

2 results.

Plenty of links to Robinho saying he doesn't want to stay at City, though:

screenhunter379.jpg

And you wonder why I'm sceptical of your claim?
oh and secondly.....i was at the game where robinho was brought on then taken off....he was getting abuse in the stands before he was even brought on...i heard that with my own ears...but i guess that aint good enough for you either

It was an away game. Are you saying the Blackburn fans weren't booing him!?

And a few City fans venting their spleen is no big deal. Don't make it sound like the whole of COMs were booing him.

Robinho's a grown man. If he can't take a bit of booing then he's in the wrong sport. He should look at his performances and ask himself why they were booing him. I don't agree with booing a player, but if he had any balls he would have knuckled down and tried to fight for his place. But he didn't. He fucked off on the first flight to Brazil.

I doubt it was because of the booing, either. He just doesn't want to be here. He just used the excuse that he couldn't get into the team and he needed first team football for the World Cup.

Bollocks! Why is he now saying he wants to stay at Santos AFTER the world cup, then?

Code:
yes there were bad performances form him.....but he got more stick than others who perform badly

Maybe because they at least tried. Bellamy has had bad games - but you cannot fault his effort.

...he is an easy target for the typical city fan who has no higher thinking than the average gutter press in this country

Bollocks. He has got stick because some of his performances have been pitiful!

oh and mancini is on record as saying he wants robinho to come back (but doesnt know if he will) because he is a top class player....so i guess mancini knows best.

What else do you expect Mancini to say? That Robinho's been a waste of space since he was appointed manager and he wants shut of him?!

Mancini dropped him. Why?

And remind me - who is the only substitute Mancini has substituted?!

ACTIONS speak louder than words.

oh and you do remember that he had a reasonably serious injury for part of the season wheer you were calling him gutless......hence the reason he came back lacking match practise

Oh, and do you remember that he didn't have a serious injury last season that can be used as an excuse for last season's gutless performances?

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
simon23 said:
you clearly have issues with the player

I have issues with any player who doesn't try and obviously doesn't want to play for the club.

that wont allow you to see that he is a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games.

Wrong. He is "a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games". However, his performances prove he only does it when he can be arsed to.

If you can't see this, then that's your look out. Carry on defending a gutless, lazy waster who doesn't give a shit about our club and doesn't want to stay here.

just one thing though?...why cannt you take my claim seriously? do you have trust issues?

If you are asking if I automatically believe every claim made by some stranger on an internet forum - er, no.

That's why I asked you for the source for your claim:

simon23 said:
it went something along the lines of wanting to get fit and playing at santos, go to world cup and then he wanted to return to city to play and prove himself there

You refused to give it. So I tried google:

screenhunter381.jpg

2 results.

Plenty of links to Robinho saying he doesn't want to stay at City, though:

screenhunter379.jpg

And you wonder why I'm sceptical of your claim?
oh and secondly.....i was at the game where robinho was brought on then taken off....he was getting abuse in the stands before he was even brought on...i heard that with my own ears...but i guess that aint good enough for you either

It was an away game. Are you saying the Blackburn fans weren't booing him!?

And a few City fans venting their spleen is no big deal. Don't make it sound like the whole of COMs were booing him.

Robinho's a grown man. If he can't take a bit of booing then he's in the wrong sport. He should look at his performances and ask himself why they were booing him. I don't agree with booing a player, but if he had any balls he would have knuckled down and tried to fight for his place. But he didn't. He fucked off on the first flight to Brazil.

I doubt it was because of the booing, either. He just doesn't want to be here. He just used the excuse that he couldn't get into the team and he needed first team football for the World Cup.

Bollocks! Why is he now saying he wants to stay at Santos AFTER the world cup, then?

Code:
yes there were bad performances form him.....but he got more stick than others who perform badly

Maybe because they at least tried. Bellamy has had bad games - but you cannot fault his effort.

...he is an easy target for the typical city fan who has no higher thinking than the average gutter press in this country

Bollocks. He has got stick because some of his performances have been pitiful!

oh and mancini is on record as saying he wants robinho to come back (but doesnt know if he will) because he is a top class player....so i guess mancini knows best.

What else do you expect Mancini to say? That Robinho's been a waste of space since he was appointed manager and he wants shut of him?!

Mancini dropped him. Why?

And remind me - who is the only substitute Mancini has substituted?!

ACTIONS speak louder than words.

oh and you do remember that he had a reasonably serious injury for part of the season wheer you were calling him gutless......hence the reason he came back lacking match practise

Oh, and do you remember that he didn't have a serious injury last season that can be used as an excuse for last season's gutless performances?
That's a very long and interesting post, but I can condense it very esily.

If Robinho gave a shit about City and wanted to be here, he'd be here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.