Robinho in 10-0 Santos Win

Here you go. The reason you couldn't find a link saying he wanted to come back in the summer, is because the press aren't interested in reporting it. It doesn't fit in with their character assassination. You'd think with it actually containing quotes by him declaring he will come back, that many more media sources would have reported it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/711971/ROBINHOS-PLEA-TO-MANCINI-WAS-IGNORED.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... NORED.html</a>

By Aidan Magee, 30/01/2010
ROBINHO last week gave his boss Roberto Mancini an ultimatum over his Manchester City future that led to his exit.

The Brazilian demanded assurances from the City manager that he would play more in the build-up to the World Cup.

And Robinho made his final decision to leave for Santos on loan after being told he would only start in a third of City's games.

The striker, 25, had been advised by national team boss Dunga that he needed to play regularly to earn a place in Brazil's squad for South Africa.

"I was not playing at Manchester City, right?" said Robinho. "So I was honest with Mancini. I told him I want to play in the World Cup and that I have to play all the games I can until then.

"He told me he already has his team. I replied that I can't play one game and not play the next two, and he understood.

"Dunga's message to me was very clear - if I don't play regularly for my club side, then I do not go to South Africa.

"I will come back to City in the summer and prove that I'm not a player who sits on the bench.

"This is not just an escape from English football. I have thought about the move seriously and I thought I should have been in the starting team at City."

Mancini had wanted Robinho to go on loan to high-fliers Sao Paulo, but Robinho insisted he wanted to return to his first club Santos.

End

Then you have the story about him paying up the rent on his house for the next year, coupled with the fact that he hasn't sold his car. But if he didn't sell his car, then why did the media report that he had? Same old story. Ever since he signed for us, the media have released article after article to paint this picture of Robinho. The picture that he's a money grabbing waster, and that he doesn't work hard, or how he only plays well when it's sunny. Every article is designed to dig at him, and more and more people on here have started to believe it.

Thing that will annoy me is if he does return fully fit and banging in the goals, there'll be certain people on here who will conveniently forget that they posted how they wanted to see his legs snapped and the like. It's sickening behavior to someone who is essentially a Manchester City player.

If he does fuck off in the summer, then dig all you like, but for now i think a lot of people need to hold back. All he has done is return to Santos to play regular football building up to the World Cup. The way people have reacted, you'd think he'd gone on strike.

ono said:
MCFCinUSA said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/robinho-santos-manchester-city

hope this helps someone then:

>>
Robinho says he is much happier at Santos than Manchester City. Photograph: Carl Recine/Action Images

Robinho has reiterated his desire to extend his loan stay at Santos and hopes talks have already been initiated Manchester City. Robinho returned to Santos in January, signing a six-month loan deal that is set to expire on 4 August. The 26-year-old, who spent the first three seasons of his career at Santos, has been in impressive form and having notched up five goals in eight matches puts his refound goalscoring prowess down to his happiness.

"It was the right choice," said Robinho. "I'm good physically and mentally. I hope to continue like this until the end of my spell at Santos.

"Where I have to be happiest is within the four lines of the pitch, and this is happening. I intend to continue for long. I hope that the board is already addressing this issue. You just have to look at my face to see my desire to stay at the club."
<<
Not really. It will just wind up the tub-thumpers.

more likely to piss off his plum suckers!

you clearly have issues with the player that wont allow you to see that he is a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games. he wont suit every team we play against but he can also win you games with a moment of genius

thats your opinion and you are welcome to it.

just one thing though?...why cannt you take my claim seriously? do you have trust issues?

oh and secondly.....i was at the game where robinho was brought on then taken off....he was getting abuse in the stands before he was even brought on...i heard that with my own ears...but i guess that aint good enough for you either

yes there were bad performances form him.....but he got more stick than others who perform badly...he is an easy target for the typical city fan who has no higher thinking than the average gutter press in this country...he was a target for them from day one.

oh and mancini is on record as saying he wants robinho to come back (but doesnt know if he will) because he is a top class player....so i guess mancini knows best.

oh and you do remember that he had a reasonably serious injury for part of the season wheer you were calling him gutless......hence the reason he came back lacking match practise[/quote]

Bang on. The way City fans turned against him is embarrassing. It was obvious that as soon as he had a few bad games the press would jump on the bandwagon but for City fans to believe the shite and take it further was very disappointing and means we've probably lost out on a very good footballer.

The 'typical' English football fans mentality is run run run until you can't run anymore and tackle as hard as you can. Foreigners have different ways of playing and though it might not come off all the time, players like Robinho will win you 6/7 games a season single handedly which is what Robbie did in his frst season.

The trouble is the precedent has been set now when other players come on big fees although we've already seen with Adebayor that fans are far too quick to judge. The 'lazy' tag is not only far too easy but it's generally misunderstood. For example, the stick Anelka got was a disgrace; the best striker we've had in a generation, scored goals for fun and yet most fans were happy when he left...a sad, sad day.

Back to Robbie, the speed that fans turn on players really pisses me off. He goes from having a very good debut season to being injured and out of form for a few months which ends in threads like these. Robinho could have been a great player for us and signalled our intentions to take on the world; instead it shown our fans up to be exactly what far too many of them are like.

ono said:
Barry Conlons wig said:
come on then mr expert on brazilian football, pray tell me mr expert where do these brazilian footballers make a name for themselves, is it in the pub standard football of brazil or over on the european stage..... I'll let you into a secret psssttttttt its not in Brazil!
psssstttttt

PELE

Possibly the greatest player of all time (maybe aside from Maradona) played over 1,000 games in Brazil. Never played in Europe.

If the league was 'Pub Standard' why would European teams even bother snapping up the talent. I mean, there aren't many Real Madrid scouts watching the Wagon & Horses play are there?

Obviously the players make a name for themselves in Brazil. Ronaldo did at Cruzeiro, Ronaldinho did at Gremio, Romario did at Vasco. I could go on, but you've made your mind up on a player off the back of a handful of performances when nowhere near fit so there isn't much point. I'll let you get back to your tub-thumping. I hear that Adebayor is quite lazy....

You really do need to know your facts to start issuing come backs!

Pele was a player that did create his name in brazil, but in a time when players didnt move abroad or very rarely to say the least and the Brazilian government wouldn't allow any transfers as he was a national treasure!

Ronaldo played 44 games for Cruzeiro, so I would hardly say he made his name, he then went onto play for PSV, Barca, Inter, Real and AC before retiring back to Brazil with Corinthians.

Ronaldinho played 44 games in 3 seasons and then signed for Paris Saint Germain, then Barca and now AC.

Romario played 47 games in 2 seasons for vasco before moving to PSV, Barca before moving back to Brazil to basically see out his career, before joining those well known leagues in the US and Australia.

You see the trend here, not one of your so called Brazilian players made a name for themselves in Brazil, All baring PELE who was banned from playing outside brazil
Wealthy European clubs such as Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United tried to sign the young player, but the government of Brazil declared Pelé an "official national treasure" to prevent him from being transferred out of the country.[21]
made their names at European clubs and then once they retired moved back to Brazil.

Not one of your so called Brazilian players that you claim made their names in Brazil, went back to Brazil to better their careers.

Bar one the lazy twat they call Robinho, keep on sucking his plums!!!!!

jay_mcfc said:
you clearly have issues with the player that wont allow you to see that he is a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games. he wont suit every team we play against but he can also win you games with a moment of genius

thats your opinion and you are welcome to it.

just one thing though?...why cannt you take my claim seriously? do you have trust issues?

oh and secondly.....i was at the game where robinho was brought on then taken off....he was getting abuse in the stands before he was even brought on...i heard that with my own ears...but i guess that aint good enough for you either

yes there were bad performances form him.....but he got more stick than others who perform badly...he is an easy target for the typical city fan who has no higher thinking than the average gutter press in this country...he was a target for them from day one.

oh and mancini is on record as saying he wants robinho to come back (but doesnt know if he will) because he is a top class player....so i guess mancini knows best.

oh and you do remember that he had a reasonably serious injury for part of the season wheer you were calling him gutless......hence the reason he came back lacking match practise

Bang on. The way City fans turned against him is embarrassing. It was obvious that as soon as he had a few bad games the press would jump on the bandwagon but for City fans to believe the shite and take it further was very disappointing and means we've probably lost out on a very good footballer.

The 'typical' English football fans mentality is run run run until you can't run anymore and tackle as hard as you can. Foreigners have different ways of playing and though it might not come off all the time, players like Robinho will win you 6/7 games a season single handedly which is what Robbie did in his frst season.

The trouble is the precedent has been set now when other players come on big fees although we've already seen with Adebayor that fans are far too quick to judge. The 'lazy' tag is not only far too easy but it's generally misunderstood. For example, the stick Anelka got was a disgrace; the best striker we've had in a generation, scored goals for fun and yet most fans were happy when he left...a sad, sad day.

Back to Robbie, the speed that fans turn on players really pisses me off. He goes from having a very good debut season to being injured and out of form for a few months which ends in threads like these. Robinho could have been a great player for us and signalled our intentions to take on the world; instead it shown our fans up to be exactly what far too many of them are like.[/quote]

Sad but True

Barry Conlons wig said:
ono said:
psssstttttt

PELE

Possibly the greatest player of all time (maybe aside from Maradona) played over 1,000 games in Brazil. Never played in Europe.

If the league was 'Pub Standard' why would European teams even bother snapping up the talent. I mean, there aren't many Real Madrid scouts watching the Wagon & Horses play are there?

Obviously the players make a name for themselves in Brazil. Ronaldo did at Cruzeiro, Ronaldinho did at Gremio, Romario did at Vasco. I could go on, but you've made your mind up on a player off the back of a handful of performances when nowhere near fit so there isn't much point. I'll let you get back to your tub-thumping. I hear that Adebayor is quite lazy....

You really do need to know your facts to start issuing come backs!

Pele was a player that did create his name in brazil, but in a time when players didnt move abroad or very rarely to say the least and the Brazilian government wouldn't allow any transfers as he was a national treasure!

Ronaldo played 44 games for Cruzeiro, so I would hardly say he made his name, he then went onto play for PSV, Barca, Inter, Real and AC before retiring back to Brazil with Corinthians.

Ronaldinho played 44 games in 3 seasons and then signed for Paris Saint Germain, then Barca and now AC.

Romario played 47 games in 2 seasons for vasco before moving to PSV, Barca before moving back to Brazil to basically see out his career, before joining those well known leagues in the US and Australia.

You see the trend here, not one of your so called Brazilian players made a name for themselves in Brazil, All baring PELE who was banned from playing outside brazil
Wealthy European clubs such as Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United tried to sign the young player, but the government of Brazil declared Pelé an "official national treasure" to prevent him from being transferred out of the country.[21]
made their names at European clubs and then once they retired moved back to Brazil.

Not one of your so called Brazilian players that you claim made their names in Brazil, went back to Brazil to better their careers.

Bar one the lazy twat they call Robinho, keep on sucking his plums!!!!!

I know precisely why Pele didn't leave Santos.

You're missing the point. Of course the above players made their names playing in Brazil. PSV wouldn't have taken a risk with Ronaldo if he hadn't. Same with Romario. Same with PSG and Ronaldinho.

Ronaldo at 17 had already gone to the World Cup before even stepping foot on the pitch for PSV. Why would that be if he hadn't made a name for himself in Brazil?

Ronaldinho earned his first cap for Brazil 2 years before he moved to Europe. he'd already lit up a Copa America before PSG came calling.

Romario had already lit up the Olympics in 1988 before he signed for PSV.

All of these players have made a name for themselves in Brazil, before moving to Europe and developing further into excellent players.

If the league was pub-standard, the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid et al wouldn't be bother looking at the talent, as a youngster playing well at that level wouldn't be any more impressive than any other youngster playing well at amateur level.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
simon23 said:
you clearly have issues with the player

I have issues with any player who doesn't try and obviously doesn't want to play for the club.

that wont allow you to see that he is a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games.

Wrong. He is "a player that can only help improve our squad and chances of winning games". However, his performances prove he only does it when he can be arsed to.

If you can't see this, then that's your look out. Carry on defending a gutless, lazy waster who doesn't give a shit about our club and doesn't want to stay here.

If you are asking if I automatically believe every claim made by some stranger on an internet forum - er, no.

That's why I asked you for the source for your claim:

simon23 said:
it went something along the lines of wanting to get fit and playing at santos, go to world cup and then he wanted to return to city to play and prove himself there

You refused to give it. So I tried google:

screenhunter381.jpg

2 results.

Plenty of links to Robinho saying he doesn't want to stay at City, though:

screenhunter379.jpg

And you wonder why I'm sceptical of your claim?

It was an away game. Are you saying the Blackburn fans weren't booing him!?

And a few City fans venting their spleen is no big deal. Don't make it sound like the whole of COMs were booing him.

Robinho's a grown man. If he can't take a bit of booing then he's in the wrong sport. He should look at his performances and ask himself why they were booing him. I don't agree with booing a player, but if he had any balls he would have knuckled down and tried to fight for his place. But he didn't. He fucked off on the first flight to Brazil.

I doubt it was because of the booing, either. He just doesn't want to be here. He just used the excuse that he couldn't get into the team and he needed first team football for the World Cup.

Bollocks! Why is he now saying he wants to stay at Santos AFTER the world cup, then?

Code:
yes there were bad performances form him.....but he got more stick than others who perform badly

Maybe because they at least tried. Bellamy has had bad games - but you cannot fault his effort.

...he is an easy target for the typical city fan who has no higher thinking than the average gutter press in this country

Bollocks. He has got stick because some of his performances have been pitiful!

What else do you expect Mancini to say? That Robinho's been a waste of space since he was appointed manager and he wants shut of him?!

Mancini dropped him. Why?

And remind me - who is the only substitute Mancini has substituted?!

ACTIONS speak louder than words.

oh and you do remember that he had a reasonably serious injury for part of the season wheer you were calling him gutless......hence the reason he came back lacking match practise

Oh, and do you remember that he didn't have a serious injury last season that can be used as an excuse for last season's gutless performances?
Spot on, great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.