Robinho in 10-0 Santos Win

Bluemoon115 said:
ono said:
That's a very blinkered view of Brazilian football.
No, it's the league he's playing in now.

And yes, this might only be the regional league, but he would have known how the Brazilian League was structured, and who he would be playing against, and chose to play there instead of playing in the Premier League.

Cheers.

Ono, its not a blinkered view at all. The Brazilian league is a joke unless its Santos v Sao Paolo or Corinthians and perhaps one or two others. These tiny sides in the regional league though, not exactly the test a £32.5m player should be competing in, is it?

Pigeonho said:
Bluemoon115 said:

And yes, this might only be the regional league, but he would have known how the Brazilian League was structured, and who he would be playing against, and chose to play there instead of playing in the Premier League.

Cheers.

Ono, its not a blinkered view at all. The Brazilian league is a joke unless its Santos v Sao Paolo or Corinthians and perhaps one or two others. These tiny sides in the regional league though, not exactly the test a £32.5m player should be competing in, is it?
I'll disagree with part of what you're saying.

The main Brazilian league is very competitive and good to watch, but at this time of year, they only have the regionals, which are crap.

But you can't use that to defend RObinho. He will know exactly how the league structure works, and chose to play in the warm up league now rather than the Prem.

Bluemoon115 said:
Pigeonho said:
Cheers.

The main Brazilian league is very competitive and good to watch, but at this time of year, they only have the regionals, which are crap.

But you can't use that to defend RObinho. He will know exactly how the league structure works, and chose to play in the warm up league now rather than the Prem.

I see your point, but for me if you're a £32.5m footballer who self-believes to be one of the best, playing in a regional championship is poor and for me says alot about the guy in general. Nothing like a sharp dose of reality, which in this case is Robinho realising he is not good enough to cut it in the best league in the world, so instead of striding to improve himself, he goes to a regional championship to show off his box of tricks. I'd be embarrassed if I were him, as its as hollow as it gets.

Bluemoon115 said:
ono said:
That's a very blinkered view of Brazilian football.

He wasn't 'playing' in the Premier League, so yes he took that option rather than the sitting on the bench option.

The Sao Paulo State Championship is perfect for him to regain his confidence, his desire, his sharpness and fitness. By the time he reaches a decent fitness level, the Campeonato will start, which will mean he should go into the World Cup with around 3-4 months of continous and competitve football behind him...with the competition increasing at probably the same rate as his fitness.

I think the 10-0 win against a 4th division side who've only been a professional club for 4 years, has blinkered peoples views of the standard in Brazil. The Campeonato is a good standard league.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:54 pm --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I see your point, but for me if you're a £32.5m footballer who self-believes to be one of the best, playing in a regional championship is poor and for me says alot about the guy in general. Nothing like a sharp dose of reality, which in this case is Robinho realising he is not good enough to cut it in the best league in the world, so instead of striding to improve himself, he goes to a regional championship to show off his box of tricks. I'd be embarrassed if I were him, as its as hollow as it gets.
But at this moment in time i don't think he believes he's one of the best. You could tell from the Stoke game that his confidence and sharpness was rock bottom.

I strongly disagree with the notion that he isn't good enough. He was the 4th top scorer in the league last season (Tranny only scored 4 more) in a season where we finished 10th and in a season where he didn't feature as a striker.

Heyt Mighty Quinn I run an under 12's team and we play some great stuff!!!!!

As for Robby i'd have him back tomorrow...Not seen Petrov get half as much stick this season and he has been worse also Stevie has struggled but no axe to grind there...how about we all try something novel and get behind the lads in teh shirt...If we had done this in the first place maybe his performance would have improved!

Pigeonho said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Cheers.

Could be worse eh.. could have gone to scotland :)

Can't believe all the Robinho bum boys are still defending this lazy, ungrateful clown.

He doesnt' give a shit about you and he doesn't give a shit about City.

Manchester City striker Robinho has reiterated his desire to extend his loan stay at Santos and hopes talks have already been initiated with the Blues.

Robinho returned to Santos in January, penning a six-month loan deal which is set to expire on August 4.

The 26-year-old, who spent the first three seasons of his career at Santos, has been in impressive form since his return and, having notched up five goals in eight matches, puts his re-found goalscoring prowess down to his happiness.

"It was the right choice," said Robinho.

"I'm good physically and mentally.

"I hope to continue like this until the end of my spell at Santos.

"Where I have to be happiest is within the four lines of the pitch, and this is happening.

"I intend to continue for long. I hope that the board is already addressing this issue.

"You just have to look at my face to see my desire to stay at the club."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1200235_robinhos_santos_wish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... antos_wish</a>

funnily enough he was quoted as saying exactly the opposite to that a couple of weeks ago

so id take things said in the media with a huge pinch of salt.....things are often "deliberately" misquoted to make a story

at the end of the end of the day he is a superb player. He is not someone who is ever going to track back and put tackles in and chase lost causes, but from a purely attacking point of view he is excellent

having a player like him in or squad can only be a good thing in my opinion...but some people seem to want a team full of grafters.

we need to have a balance of both in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.