Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

Hi fellow blues new poster here, hope you are all well and we can teach each other as well as learn from one another.
I have been browsing the forum for a few months and decided to reply to this topic as some of the responses from fans
are quite worrying. Ok lets start with the facts.

Robinho has 2 Campeonato Brasileiro cups with Santos.
2 La Liga titles with Real Madrid where even though he ended the season injured was 3rd top goal scorer, 2nd in assists and was in the last 10 of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year.
1 Copa America cup which he single handedly won for Brazil winning both the best player of the tournament and golden boot awards.
1 Confederations cup which he won playing while injured.

Robinho joined City scored 14 goals had 12 assists and now he is being flogged for responding that its an honour to be
linked to a great team like Barca. Some are even going as far as to say he is worried by being sidelined by Bellamy and
he will lose his starting place in the Man City team. He did this during his first season in arguably the hardest league in the world, in a completely new climate to him since he has only ever lived in tropical countries all his life. Robinho also had trumped up rape charges on his head and the one fact that everyone seems to be leaving out. ROBINHO DID THIS WITHOUT THE STARS THAT NOW LACE UP FOR CITY. He was the ONLY star, but his influence made other players better something Ireland and Wright-Phillips have both stated in interviews. He created chances, drew players, assisted on goals and scored. Was also one of the most fouled players in the league last season because defenders couldnt stop him. Before Tevez, Ade, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz and others were even blues. He would have had 30 assists if Ade and Tevez were at the end of some of his passes last season. What I dont understand is Bellamy has played well in 4/5 games and already you are hailing him a threat or better than Robinho? Yet noone is mentioning Bellamy is supported by a better team than was there last season.

Robinho has been playing injured yet some "armchair pundits" are saying he arrived in 10 matches last season. Do you "Robinho can leave he is not that good in the PL" fans watch football? Do you think Robinho is Dunga (Brazilian manager) favorite player because he is stupid? I guess Pep and Barca are all crazy too they should be tapping up Bellamy of course because Robinho couldnt possibly lace the Welshmans boots. (sarcasm intended). Trust me as soonone who has worked and lived in Brazil and who is engaged to a brazilian woman, Robinho is the countries favorite player next to Ronaldo and Kaka, I guess the nation is mad too. I mean he is not good enough for the City shirt but is a gaurenteed starter for arguably the worlds best team. Brazilians feed off the fans and have to feel happy to play well, keep up the attacks on our best player. Keep up the insults and attacks and we will lose the best player to ever put on a City shirt. We have not even seen half of what Robinho can do and with the team there now we should be praying and making banners begging him to stay. Many people have been saying this for years Robinho is in the top 5 football players in the world and he will prove it.

Dont knock the lad for being polite, If a woman tells me im handsome I tell her thank you I am flattered but I am engaged. This is exactly what he did now many are becoming like Arsenal fans and doing what they did to Ade and pushing Robinho out the door before he has even made the mark he is capable of.

Sorry for the long rant just thought Id let out weeks of frustration from reading "so called fans" attacking our best player.

didactic said:
Hi fellow blues new poster here, hope you are all well and we can teach each other as well as learn from one another.
I have been browsing the forum for a few months and decided to reply to this topic as some of the responses from fans

2 La Liga titles with Real Madrid where even though he ended the season injured was 3rd top goal scorer, 2nd in assists and was in the last 10 of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year.
1 Copa America cup which he single handedly won for Brazil winning both the best player of the tournament and golden boot awards.

Robinho joined City scored 14 goals had 12 assists and now he is being flogged for responding that its an honour to be
linked to a great team like Barca. Some are even going as far as to say he is worried by being sidelined by Bellamy and
he will lose his starting place in the Man City team. He did this during his first season in arguably the hardest league in the world, in a completely new climate to him since he has only ever lived in tropical countries all his life. Robinho also had trumped up rape charges on his head and the one fact that everyone seems to be leaving out. ROBINHO DID THIS WITHOUT THE STARS THAT NOW LACE UP FOR CITY. He was the ONLY star, but his influence made other players better something Ireland and Wright-Phillips have both stated in interviews. He created chances, drew players, assisted on goals and scored. Was also one of the most fouled players in the league last season because defenders couldnt stop him. Before Tevez, Ade, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz and others were even blues. He would have had 30 assists if Ade and Tevez were at the end of some of his passes last season. What I dont understand is Bellamy has played well in 4/5 games and already you are hailing him a threat or better than Robinho? Yet noone is mentioning Bellamy is supported by a better team than was there last season.

Robinho has been playing injured yet some "armchair pundits" are saying he arrived in 10 matches last season. Do you "Robinho can leave he is not that good in the PL" fans watch football? Do you think Robinho is Dunga (Brazilian manager) favorite player because he is stupid? I guess Pep and Barca are all crazy too they should be tapping up Bellamy of course because Robinho couldnt possibly lace the Welshmans boots. (sarcasm intended). Trust me as soonone who has worked and lived in Brazil and who is engaged to a brazilian woman, Robinho is the countries favorite player next to Ronaldo and Kaka, I guess the nation is mad too. I mean he is not good enough for the City shirt but is a gaurenteed starter for arguably the worlds best team. Brazilians feed off the fans and have to feel happy to play well, keep up the attacks on our best player. Keep up the insults and attacks and we will lose the best player to ever put on a City shirt. We have not even seen half of what Robinho can do and with the team there now we should be praying and making banners begging him to stay. Many people have been saying this for years Robinho is in the top 5 football players in the world and he will prove it.

Dont knock the lad for being polite, If a woman tells me im handsome I tell her thank you I am flattered but I am engaged. This is exactly what he did now many are becoming like Arsenal fans and doing what they did to Ade and pushing Robinho out the door before he has even made the mark he is capable of.

Sorry for the long rant just thought Id let out weeks of frustration from reading "so called fans" attacking our best player.

so good, worth saying twice

It would be ludicrous to agree to a loan. Ludicrous. £25m minimum or they can fuck off.

didactic said:

Hi Robbie.

What I am tired of are the constant snippets in the press about Robbie leaving. Ofcourse Robbie's head is turned, that's why he said he would have so much fun playing at Barca. If he is coveting about what it would be like - then a deal will happen if Barca have the money.

Didactic - We don't need to beg Robbie to stay or be beholdent to him gracing our team. He knows the fans like him. Don't get me wrong because, I for one do not want him to leave but, he has never looked believable as a City player. That's why the press are obsessed with him leaving to sunnier climbs.

If Robbie was dedicated to City, I would have anticipated him to say more than his limp statements of: I am so so flattered and would love to join Barca but, whilst I am under contract with City, I will fullfill my contract because I am a professional. Then he has to go and say, that the only way for him to play with such a wonderful team like Barca is on the playstation. hmnnn.

Sorry but I am not impressed with the limp responses by Robbie. They smell like an exit strategy to me. Whilst he continues to covert Barca, I think we need to prepare ourselves for the worst.

Fingers crossed. This is just Robbie giving a bad interview and that he does intended to stay with us for a few more years.

didactic said:

This is absolutely on the money...Robbie should be given the chance here, so what if he said he wants to play with the best players in the world at barca. I'm sure any other player on the team would love that chance too, robbie was just candid. Give the guy a break, let him get back on the pitch, embrace him and lets see what happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.