Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

didactic said:
Hi fellow blues new poster here, hope you are all well and we can teach each other as well as learn from one another.
I have been browsing the forum for a few months and decided to reply to this topic as some of the responses from fans
are quite worrying. Ok lets start with the facts.

Robinho has 2 Campeonato Brasileiro cups with Santos.
2 La Liga titles with Real Madrid where even though he ended the season injured was 3rd top goal scorer, 2nd in assists and was in the last 10 of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year.
1 Copa America cup which he single handedly won for Brazil winning both the best player of the tournament and golden boot awards.
1 Confederations cup which he won playing while injured.

Robinho joined City scored 14 goals had 12 assists and now he is being flogged for responding that its an honour to be
linked to a great team like Barca. Some are even going as far as to say he is worried by being sidelined by Bellamy and
he will lose his starting place in the Man City team. He did this during his first season in arguably the hardest league in the world, in a completely new climate to him since he has only ever lived in tropical countries all his life. Robinho also had trumped up rape charges on his head and the one fact that everyone seems to be leaving out. ROBINHO DID THIS WITHOUT THE STARS THAT NOW LACE UP FOR CITY. He was the ONLY star, but his influence made other players better something Ireland and Wright-Phillips have both stated in interviews. He created chances, drew players, assisted on goals and scored. Was also one of the most fouled players in the league last season because defenders couldnt stop him. Before Tevez, Ade, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz and others were even blues. He would have had 30 assists if Ade and Tevez were at the end of some of his passes last season. What I dont understand is Bellamy has played well in 4/5 games and already you are hailing him a threat or better than Robinho? Yet noone is mentioning Bellamy is supported by a better team than was there last season.

Robinho has been playing injured yet some "armchair pundits" are saying he arrived in 10 matches last season. Do you "Robinho can leave he is not that good in the PL" fans watch football? Do you think Robinho is Dunga (Brazilian manager) favorite player because he is stupid? I guess Pep and Barca are all crazy too they should be tapping up Bellamy of course because Robinho couldnt possibly lace the Welshmans boots. (sarcasm intended). Trust me as soonone who has worked and lived in Brazil and who is engaged to a brazilian woman, Robinho is the countries favorite player next to Ronaldo and Kaka, I guess the nation is mad too. I mean he is not good enough for the City shirt but is a gaurenteed starter for arguably the worlds best team. Brazilians feed off the fans and have to feel happy to play well, keep up the attacks on our best player. Keep up the insults and attacks and we will lose the best player to ever put on a City shirt. We have not even seen half of what Robinho can do and with the team there now we should be praying and making banners begging him to stay. Many people have been saying this for years Robinho is in the top 5 football players in the world and he will prove it.

Dont knock the lad for being polite, If a woman tells me im handsome I tell her thank you I am flattered but I am engaged. This is exactly what he did now many are becoming like Arsenal fans and doing what they did to Ade and pushing Robinho out the door before he has even made the mark he is capable of.

Sorry for the long rant just thought Id let out weeks of frustration from reading "so called fans" attacking our best player.

Hi fellow blues new poster here, hope you are all well and we can teach each other as well as learn from one another.
I have been browsing the forum for a few months and decided to reply to this topic as some of the responses from fans
That is the most cringeworthy start to a post i've see for a longtime on here,TMQ has got a competitionl at last.

allan harper said:
Well i personally and i sed this last year, I COULDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ROBBIE TRACKING BACK AND DEFENDING !!!!!
you play to your strenghts and his strenght is ripping the piss out of defenders, let de jong and barry cover for him.
If we play him behind Ade theres no need to worry with bells on left and Tevez on right.......

All well and good, I'm going to start a thread in a minute about Shay Given's attacking play, it's awful, has he even took a shot on goal yet?

We must be the only fans in the world who get gifted, that's gifted, Robinho who scores goals for fun only for us to moan about his lack of defensive qualities and want him sold.

bluemanc said:
didactic said:

Robinho has 2 Campeonato Brasileiro cups with Santos.
2 La Liga titles with Real Madrid where even though he ended the season injured was 3rd top goal scorer, 2nd in assists and was in the last 10 of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year.
1 Copa America cup which he single handedly won for Brazil winning both the best player of the tournament and golden boot awards.
1 Confederations cup which he won playing while injured.

Robinho joined City scored 14 goals had 12 assists and now he is being flogged for responding that its an honour to be
linked to a great team like Barca. Some are even going as far as to say he is worried by being sidelined by Bellamy and
he will lose his starting place in the Man City team. He did this during his first season in arguably the hardest league in the world, in a completely new climate to him since he has only ever lived in tropical countries all his life. Robinho also had trumped up rape charges on his head and the one fact that everyone seems to be leaving out. ROBINHO DID THIS WITHOUT THE STARS THAT NOW LACE UP FOR CITY. He was the ONLY star, but his influence made other players better something Ireland and Wright-Phillips have both stated in interviews. He created chances, drew players, assisted on goals and scored. Was also one of the most fouled players in the league last season because defenders couldnt stop him. Before Tevez, Ade, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz and others were even blues. He would have had 30 assists if Ade and Tevez were at the end of some of his passes last season. What I dont understand is Bellamy has played well in 4/5 games and already you are hailing him a threat or better than Robinho? Yet noone is mentioning Bellamy is supported by a better team than was there last season.

Robinho has been playing injured yet some "armchair pundits" are saying he arrived in 10 matches last season. Do you "Robinho can leave he is not that good in the PL" fans watch football? Do you think Robinho is Dunga (Brazilian manager) favorite player because he is stupid? I guess Pep and Barca are all crazy too they should be tapping up Bellamy of course because Robinho couldnt possibly lace the Welshmans boots. (sarcasm intended). Trust me as soonone who has worked and lived in Brazil and who is engaged to a brazilian woman, Robinho is the countries favorite player next to Ronaldo and Kaka, I guess the nation is mad too. I mean he is not good enough for the City shirt but is a gaurenteed starter for arguably the worlds best team. Brazilians feed off the fans and have to feel happy to play well, keep up the attacks on our best player. Keep up the insults and attacks and we will lose the best player to ever put on a City shirt. We have not even seen half of what Robinho can do and with the team there now we should be praying and making banners begging him to stay. Many people have been saying this for years Robinho is in the top 5 football players in the world and he will prove it.

Dont knock the lad for being polite, If a woman tells me im handsome I tell her thank you I am flattered but I am engaged. This is exactly what he did now many are becoming like Arsenal fans and doing what they did to Ade and pushing Robinho out the door before he has even made the mark he is capable of.

Sorry for the long rant just thought Id let out weeks of frustration from reading "so called fans" attacking our best player.

That is the most cringeworthy start to a post i've see for a longtime on here,TMQ has got a competitionl at last.

Oh dear.

TheMightyQuinn said:
allan harper said:
Well i personally and i sed this last year, I COULDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ROBBIE TRACKING BACK AND DEFENDING !!!!!
you play to your strenghts and his strenght is ripping the piss out of defenders, let de jong and barry cover for him.
If we play him behind Ade theres no need to worry with bells on left and Tevez on right.......

All well and good, I'm going to start a thread in a minute about Shay Given's attacking play, it's awful, has he even took a shot on goal yet?

We must be the only fans in the world who get gifted, that's gifted, Robinho who scores goals for fun only for us to moan about his lack of defensive qualities and want him sold.

No we must be the only club who sign attacking players then moan when there no good at defending while we have 2 not 1 ! holding midfielders in the side...

TheMightyQuinn said:
allan harper said:

Exactly. I will never get this argument about an attacking, flair players lack of bone crunching de jong tackles. People seem to ignore the quote from Ireland last season about how hard Robinho was working to track back. I dont want to see Robinho in our own defensive third, i want one of the best attacking players in the world stalking the half way line while the other 9 or 10 work to win the ball. Robbie is fucking brilliant, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have half the team we have now, people need to remember that. He has been a great ambassador for this club.

svennis pennis said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Exactly. I will never get this argument about an attacking, flair players lack of bone crunching de jong tackles. People seem to ignore the quote from Ireland last season about how hard Robinho was working to track back. I dont want to see Robinho in our own defensive third, i want one of the best attacking players in the world stalking the half way line while the other 9 or 10 work to win the ball. Robbie is fucking brilliant, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have half the team we have now, people need to remember that. He has been a great ambassador for this club.

100% fucking correct......

allan harper said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

No we must be the only club who sign attacking players then moan when there no good at defending while we have 2 not 1 ! holding midfielders in the side...

Hughes is slagged off for playing 2 defensive midfielders yet the fans now only talk of players defensive qualities and judge attacking players as defensive midfielders. It's quite confusing really.

svennis pennis said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Agreed 100% mate. It really frustrates me, it used to be that once you got down to speaking of a player in a 'he tries', 'he tracks back' manner it was usually as you had nothing else to say ala Dickov. It baffles me.

TheMightyQuinn said:
allan harper said:

Hughes is slagged off for playing 2 defensive midfielders yet the fans now only talk of players defensive qualities and judge attacking players as defensive midfielders. It's quite confusing really.

Prime example, Everton away last year, City defending Robbie on half way line, then one pass from elano bang ! goal robhino.
some on here would of prefered Robbie defending the 6 yard box !

allan harper said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Prime example, Everton away last year, City defending Robbie on half way line, then one pass from elano bang ! goal robhino.
some on here would of prefered Robbie defending the 6 yard box !

It really can be quite worrying. I was so desperate for Ade to get off the mark asap this season as he was already getting some stick for not scoring in the friendlies. Surely only a matter of time before Ade doesn't 'track back' (what the fuck is this phrase anyway) and the geniuses decide we lost due to Ade's lack of defending ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.