Robinho or Bellamy?

goat boy said:
Blessed squad versatility

Hows this for a line up?

Shay, back four (cba here)

----------- De Jong -- Barry ------------

-- Tevez -------- Ade -------- binho ----

---------------- Bellers -----------------

Defensive but not... This is more or less the side that played at Blackburn, 'a kaleidoscope of movement,' chimed the crtitics. Yes, I've dropped Stevie and SWP. Yes, my head is hanging in shame :(

similar theory mate but i would go with.....

..............De Jong..........Barry...............

....Bellamy...........Tevez........Robinho.....

..........................Ade.........................

Ireland and Sweep on bench for now.

Depends who we're playing. At home when teams put ten men behind the ball and defend on the edge of their box Robinho might be more effective than Bellamy. Against Fulham I reckon if we'd had Robinho he'd have made enough of a difference to take us through in normal time. Away at Stamford Bridge or somewhere I'd go with Bellers.

really a difficult question... but why choose only those two... why not ask tevez or robinho or tevez bellamy or swp tevez ... you get my drift... the best thing about our current squad is that we have options and can choose depending on who we meet...

my take is that we will see both playing some games other games none of them.. bellamy is injury prone so we need to rest him some games to let him stay fit for a whole season...

Form is fresh on the day... and form comes and goes during a season... we will need both of the players on three fronts, league, FA cup and CC

If we are looking at value for money, it would have to be Bellamy every time. He gives everything and inspires the rest to do similar. Robinho might have a few things up his sleeve and the ability to create all sorts of magic, but he isn't doing it, is he?
Robinho might be the better player in general, but Bellamy is the better player for us at the moment.

Bellers for me, he works hard and keeps the full back quiet

Robinho isnt suited to our fast break kind of game, he's not direct enough and slows attacks down, I think he will struggle to get back in the team

Tough one... bellamy's work rate is unreal and to have 2 players that are constantly charging down the opposition, tevez the other, is something top teams would dream of having... however i'v always felt that without robinho on the pitch Ireland has failed to perform. I just feel that we create more chances when them two are working together.
Having said that, the way bellamy has been playing, i'd stick him on every week because teams now know that he's one of our biggest threats and that will give our other stars more room to perform

Im sure you could give robbie a free role. linking midfield to attack, His passing and vision is second to none

Robinho. I didn't think much of Bellamy before he came to but have to admit he's done well especially against Arsenal and United however if were talking about who to play on the left hand side then its Robinho. Bellamy's good against sides that will come onto you such as Arsenal and United but theres only a few games like that during a season but he's not got the passing ability of Robbie and the ability to create chances like Robbie has and against most of the sides in the premiership we need someone with that extra bit of quality on the ball and Robbie is better with the ball at his feet than Bellamy

You could say Bellamy offers more defensively but to be honest it's not something i'm really bothered about, i'd rather out more defensive minded players sorted the defensive side of the game out and leave Robinho to do what he's best at and thats attacking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.