Robinho.

He's not built for that type of game. Everton were very physical and a lot of the time wouldn't have got away with a few anywhere else but Goodison.
It's not Robbie's fault he's not 6 foot and 200lbs.

I'm getting fed up with this agenda that's being set against Robinho. Singled out every time we play badly...even though we have 10 other players who didn't turn up either.

What happened yesterday took the piss. It was clear as day that Benjani should have come on for Rocky. When you're playing a team who are very physical and rely on building momentum through continued pressure and crowd noise, it's clear to see you need somebody who can hold the ball up and stem the tide somewhat. We didn't have that yesterday and we couldn't hold the ball up. The crowd reacted to this and got noisier, and the atmosphere alone puts pressure on the referee to give every single 50/50 which seemed to be what happened yesterday.

So for Mancini to bring Robbie on to play that role was a little naive imo.

dref619 said:
thegoat10 said:
there is no way you can play him though the middle cos the ball just keeps bouncing off him and coming back all the time

thats the only place i can see him fitting in an epl team

Not a chance. If he doesn't play on the left in a 4 3 3 then he shouldn't be on the pitch. As it happens, we have Bellamy to do that so he's on the bench if we play 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 and if he's on the bench then he will be a disruptive influence.

Unfortunately, no one in Europe will touch a Brazilian in a World Cup year. Whether true or not, it is widely thought that Brazilians just won't commit to their clubs with 100% performances when they have a major tournament on the horizon. To be fair, it's looking like a valid point at present.

bluemoon32 said:
No point making Robinho the focal point for peoples anger at yesterday, the rest of the side were shit too.

We won against stoke and he was even worse that day, loads of fans were pissed off with him then.

Nothing to do with the fact we lost and fans picking on him he just isnt up to it.

It's time for him to go now. It's not as if it's just one "performance" is it? He has kicked a ball since Christmas 2008. His attitude stinks and he is taking the piss, bigtime.
No one, I think, is disputing the fact that when he wants to be he is a class act. He is not a class act at the moment, he is a complete waste of rations.
This is what happens when the owners/board control transfers and not the manager. No way in the world would Hughes have wanted him.
His signing was massive feck you to the other EPL clubs, "hey, we've arrived, just signed one of the best players in the world from under Chelski's nose."
It might have worked and for 4 months it was great, the rest of the time,mostly,it didn't.
Good luck at your next club Robbie, but you will not be greatly missed imho.

Matt Diablo said:
...he was still our leading goal scorer last season ffs!! Been injured alot this season, looked bang on it beginning of season b4 he got injured [inc. away to Blbn etc.] and he's the focal point to get the shit... maybe he warrants it as he's our highest paid, record buy, but some of you fools taking the piss are a joke, he's the most gifted player we've ever had maybe, winning trophies in the big games against the big teams require WORLD CLASS players, not just your SWP's of the world... ok he doesnt look like he's dying for the team at the moment [which some diehards seem to demand from every fukin player], he is worth supporting and try to help get back to his best but basically the sheer fickle nature of some on here don't deserve to experience the sheer unique joy this bloke can deliver [home and away]

Where does that get us now? If we are going to use that argument then I can just say "He hasn't scored a single goal this season FFS!"

I honestly don't understand why Robinho has bred this Princess Diana-like devotion in some people. I didn't get giddy when we signed him as I've never seen him as a Premiership player. I also didn't want someone who clearly didn't want to be at my club and had probably barely even heard of us before his agent told him we were interested.

I appreciate quality footballers and he has ability in abundance but he is a flat track bully highest order.

Stevinio said:
hgblue said:
Ridiculous comment.

It was a joke. Get over yourself green boy.

Apologies. I thought you were being serious. Judging by some of the utter crap being posted about Robinho, there are some who would have agreed with your original comment.

BurnCK said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
It's always 'blame Robinho' on here when we lose or draw, or win actually, it's a little simplistic and also quite sad especially as it's all repeated tabloid nonsense that our fans have swallowed lock, stock and fucking barrel.

That's bollocks.....we don't 'blame' Robinho, we just think he's shit cos he is shit ! At least all the other players who have a bad game will make amends for it where as that **** is shit game after game after game.....

A big name, a big price tag, a few fancy stepovers doesn't make a world class player. I personally couldn't give a shit if he never put on a City shirt again !

Some people on here have mentioned 'small club mentality' because we don't get behind players....Well how about 'small club mentality' because some of you can't see the evidence on the pitch and are only going off his price tag and the fact he's Brazilian !

we just think he's shit cos he is shit !
===============
Who is this 'we' you plank? Anybody who thinks Robinho is 'shit' is a fuckwit... He isn't playing well, thats undeniable... but all this Robinho is shit is the utterings of idiots.... Bet he plays tuesday?

harrogateblue said:
It's time for him to go now. It's not as if it's just one "performance" is it? He hasn't kicked a ball since Christmas 2008.

funny, could have sworn he ran rings around everton at goodison in may

I'm really worried about him. but let's keep the facts straight.

bizzbo said:
harrogateblue said:
It's time for him to go now. It's not as if it's just one "performance" is it? He hasn't kicked a ball since Christmas 2008.

funny, could have sworn he ran rings around everton at goodison in may

I'm really worried about him. but let's keep the facts straight.

Yeah can't believe somebody forgot a good robbie away performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.