Robinho's time has come?

I don`t care if he does have a temper tantrum and sucks his thumb.
The fall-out from him going in January would be significant.

He was the first big signing of the new owners and as such symbolised the new intent, desire and determination of the club
The press and others would have a field day on how City's project had failed at the first hurdle, how we cant attract or retain players, how Hughes can't man manage etc
How would the other new players who joined thinking we would become the team to be in take it?
Would it demoralise them?
How would it affect the thinking of players who we approach in future?

We cannot afford to let the ungrateful selfish little sod go, however we can easily afford to keep him!

Dubai Blue said:
KenTheLandlord said:
You were at the interview in Brazil? Impressive.

So because I wasn't at a press conference in Brazil, I can't point out that he's quite clearly said he'd like to play for Barcelona before. I don't hold it against him, so would I. But to say he's never said he wants to play for Barcelona simply isn't true.

Which is the point. If asked "Would you like to play for Barca one day"? and "Will you be going to Barca"? They are two very different questions. The problem is which question was asked. No one reported that. If it was the first, fair enough, but that would include 99.9999999% of ALL footballers. If the second question was asked, fair enough there is a problem, but everyone is assuming the second question was asked.
Also, everyone seems to ignore the fact both Txiki and the club have said no conversations have taken place. Is that lies as well? Or is it ignored because it doesn't sit in with current theories. Spanish and English papers need to sell. The truth is the first victim. We seem blind to that.

For all the poster saying "the media are twisting his quotes" surely Robbie is intelligent enough to realise this?

Surely he could at least keep his gob shut as to not let twisted quotes happen? If he thinks anything about the club and fans, the least he could do is stop standing in front of a loaded gun!!

GaudinoMotors said:

He was the first big signing of the new owners and as such symbolised the new intent, desire and determination of the club
The press and others would have a field day on how City's project had failed at the first hurdle, how we cant attract or retain players, how Hughes can't man manage etc
How would the other new players who joined thinking we would become the team to be in take it?

We cannot afford to let the ungrateful selfish little sod go, however we can easily afford to keep him!
Whilst i understand what you are saying, i would genuinely prefer it if we cut him loose, learn from any mistakes and rebuild our reputation than keep hold of a ticking time bomb that will disrupt the harmony within the squad. In a way, what you have just suggested is that Robinho is bigger than the club. That should not be allowed to happen. We will take a short term hit to our reputation, but we will come back bigger, better and more ambitious than ever before. MCFC will live on. Robinho is nothing.

Robbie has been out and spoken to the media...and said he wants to play for Barcelona. If the papers are to be trusted then let him go, if not we have one more world-class player in our squad!

Now we have to cash to go out and but a replacement we should get rid asap before any more damage is done to our morale and reputation.

Di Maria of Benfica has been linked, I saw him in the 2 games against Everton and he was class, more than ideal replacement

KenTheLandlord said:
Dubai Blue said:
So because I wasn't at a press conference in Brazil, I can't point out that he's quite clearly said he'd like to play for Barcelona before. I don't hold it against him, so would I. But to say he's never said he wants to play for Barcelona simply isn't true.

Which is the point. If asked "Would you like to play for Barca one day"? and "Will you be going to Barca"? They are two very different questions. The problem is which question was asked. No one reported that. If it was the first, fair enough, but that would include 99.9999999% of ALL footballers. If the second question was asked, fair enough there is a problem, but everyone is assuming the second question was asked.
Also, everyone seems to ignore the fact both Txiki and the club have said no conversations have taken place. Is that lies as well? Or is it ignored because it doesn't sit in with current theories. Spanish and English papers need to sell. The truth is the first victim. We seem blind to that.
You're reading too much into what I wrote. I never suggested he'd said he was on his way to Barcelona. Blueprincess stated that he's never said he wants to play for Barcelona. That simply isn't true.

Tricky_Trev said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Whilst i understand what you are saying, i would genuinely prefer it if we cut him loose, learn from any mistakes and rebuild our reputation than keep hold of a ticking time bomb that will disrupt the harmony within the squad. In a way, what you have just suggested is that Robinho is bigger than the club. That should not be allowed to happen. We will take a short term hit to our reputation, but we will come back bigger, better and more ambitious than ever before. MCFC will live on. Robinho is nothing.

I understand your point too - but !! - wouldn't letting him have it all his own way look like he IS definately bigger than the club?
Sometimes if someone doesn`t know whats best for him - and I genuinly think that staying and improving his game in the biggest and most difficult all round league in world football would be the best for him - you have to make him understand by not caving in.

Dubai Blue said:
KenTheLandlord said:
You're reading too much into what I wrote. I never suggested he'd said he was on his way to Barcelona. Blueprincess stated that he's never said he wants to play for Barcelona. That simply isn't true.

ok, maybe i got the wrong end of the stick. I thought it was odd as you had treated the press with suspicion on another thread

"One last point, all the agents who've trotted this line out have been foreigners speaking in foreign languages and I wouldn't put it past tabloid shite like SSN and The Sun to have had a play around with the translation. It's no coincidence that the broadsheets are reporting it as "a more important club", which is instantly more palatable than the tabloid version. The guys probably said something in his own language like "If he leaves Barcelona it won't be for Manchester City as he wants to play in the Champions League" and the British tabloids have put their own spin on it in the only way they know how.

maybe i thought you were putting a downer in, as its City on the other end of the tabloid treatment.

ok show me a videa or some footage of robinho stating he wants to play 4 barca then i will take back what i said..otherwise at this moment in time robinho has never come out and said 'i want to play 4 barca'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.