Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

Rodney is one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet and long before the money came in, always had time for this club.

Tueart, much as he was one of my first heroes, is an opportunist, a businessman, someone he took this club down a very wrong path.

If it was down to him, we would have sold to Ray Ranson way back.

Rodney is indeed a flash cockney geezer, but a very decent man.
I remember when Tueart came back to us the second time from the USA, Peter Barnes was the golden boy and Tueart did not like it one bit, to the point he would not even pass the ball to Barnes.

The first time around I loved Tueart but second time around he was poisonous.

Rodney tells it as it is - always has. He is a gobshite, but he is the man with popularity among his contemporaries. He regards Tueart as two faced.
Tueart is the guy who viciously head butted a player on the pitch whom he was supposed to be buddies with. I find him odious - frequently regales anyone who'll listen about the fact that he's still the same weight as when he played pro. Twat.
I just to see him in Waterside /Galleon gym, he looked after himself well Dennis but he an ignorant **** , would not speak to anyone.

I remember when Tueart came back to us the second time from the USA, Peter Barnes was the golden boy and Tueart did not like it one bit, to the point he would not even pass the ball to Barnes.

The first time around I loved Tueart but second time around he was poisonous.
Peter Barnes was playing for West Brom when Tueart returned.
I got into the Kippax about 1-15 that day v Norwich to see the second coming.
Also loved Rodney Marsh too

Peter Barnes was playing for West Brom when Tueart returned.
I got into the Kippax about 1-15 that day v Norwich to see the second coming.
Also loved Rodney Marsh too
Sorry I must be getting mixed up, Tueart defiantly had issues with Barnes, must have been just before he left for the USA.

Put it this way, Dennis was invited by the club to Porto as one of the guests of the club as a past legend .., Rodney was left itching his arse in tampa watching the soccer on the tv
Just trying to be neutral here. Was Rodney invited and turned it down because of all the hoops/quarantining he’d have to do? He lives in America and they have different rules. I apologise if it has been said somewhere that he wasn’t invited.

I liked both as players and have never met either but sometimes it isn’t a case of opposites attracting! :-)

Sorry I must be getting mixed up, Tueart defiantly had issues with Barnes, must have been just before he left for the USA.
Most City fans were devastated when Tueart left for the USA but I suppose Tony Book thought Barnes would fill the void. Problem is he never did because he wasn't a goal scorer but when he and Dennis played together, they were ace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.