Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

Met them both, albeit I font know either personally.

Their personal animus has no effect on the fact that I loved BOTH of them when they played for City.

Tueart was an exciting, run at defenders, quick shot winger who cut in to great effect.

Marsh was the consummate show man, with dazzling skills and the kind of languid movement not found in players just size.

As for their impact on City, behind the scenes, I’m not going to speculate. However, they were two fan favourites during their time here and electrified the crowd, in their own way, on more than one occasion.

I’m not going to let their personal feelings for each other detract from my admiration of what they both brought to the field.
here, here CB. I loved them both. I was often Rodney Marsh in our regular game Wembley knockout at the playing fields and remember wearing some tassels as a right winger for my primary school. Happy days!

i always remember one game ( correct me if i'm wrong ) he was taking the mickey out of an opposition player by dribbling and teasing him repeatedly,it got that bad he just sat down on the ball for a second or two teasing the player even more,I'm sure i witnessed that.
Would've been good if that was rat boy.

In his podcast, Rodney says city wanted him two years before but couldn’t agree a few due to QPR wanting more because he had scored 45 goals for tgrm( many worldies) but two years later city signed him fir the same price. TYPICAL city ... but he was a genius who loved to play football, loved Colin bell, Alan Oakes, buzzer and Franny, but was not a tackle back man etc., not his fault if City bought him knowing that. He speaks glowingly of his four years with us and says it was a great side to play in. Loved willie donachie, hated Dennis tueart. I saw him live, he loved to beat a msn and score from improbable angles( which he managed regularly, ) and gave fans great entertainment, should they have put him in a team with six games to go.. probably not, but not his fault. Loved Rodney and he is blue to this day

I can't believe it... Five pages into a DTIAC thread and no mention of Dave Watson.

Either BM standards are slipping, or the real FOCs aren't up to speed on this thread yet...

Suffice to say - Having (albeit briefly) met both of them, if I had to spend an hour in the company of either Rodney Marsh or Dennis Tueart, I would always pick Rodney. He may come across as a bit of a twat, but he's got a great personalty and certainly isn't a snidey patronising bastard like Tueart.

Rodney Marsh put on twitter today that one man he despises in football is Denis Tueart, does anyone know why?
Rodney seems to have issues with a lot of people, he is very much a marmite character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.