Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

back in the day if you knew which door to push you could get in the main stand at maine rd on a thursday to watch training and marsh was a right bone idle fucker,always getting bollocked for fannying about, one particular day i remember he almost came to blows alison, who finished up grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and made him do laps of the pitch wnile the rest of the team had a practice match

I can't believe it... Five pages into a DTIAC thread and no mention of Dave Watson.

Either BM standards are slipping, or the real FOCs aren't up to speed on this thread yet...

Suffice to say - Having (albeit briefly) met both of them, if I had to spend an hour in the company of either Rodney Marsh or Dennis Tueart, I would always pick Rodney. He may come across as a bit of a twat, but he's got a great personalty and certainly isn't a snidey patronising bastard like Tueart.
I'll mention Dave Watson. Solid as a rock, nothing got past him in the air or on the ground, he had vision and read the game with ease.

In my mind, one of the best players I've seen at City, and that includes the current squad.

If he was playing for us today, he would be a pivotal member of the team. He was utterly dependable, made the game look easy, and like you, I'm often bemused that he is rarely mentioned. His influence on the most consistent team in our history at that point is beyond question.

This is a thread about Rodney Marsh, but Watson was an absolute pillar for us at that time.

The talk of Tueart not thinking Marsh to be a team player, and wondering why he was purchased must be incorrect, Marsh was bought whilst Tueart was still at Sunderland, so it shouldn't of mattered to him.

Just for interest DT next door neighbour is Johnny Marr.
Denis’s lads are mad Smiths fans and John was a mad Denis fan growing up..

back in the day if you knew which door to push you could get in the main stand at maine rd on a thursday to watch training and marsh was a right bone idle fucker,always getting bollocked for fannying about, one particular day i remember he almost came to blows alison, who finished up grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and made him do laps of the pitch wnile the rest of the team had a practice match

As a kid I just walked in though one of the turnstiles to watch !

Well done Mark great interview. Love the stories we have never heard before. Congratulations to Franny Lee who was way ahead of his time if he's asked James Last to do a rendition of Bluemoon, yonks before any of us had ever sung it.

I'll mention Dave Watson. Solid as a rock, nothing got past him in the air or on the ground, he had vision and read the game with ease.

In my mind, one of the best players I've seen at City, and that includes the current squad.

If he was playing for us today, he would be a pivotal member of the team. He was utterly dependable, made the game look easy, and like you, I'm often bemused that he is rarely mentioned. His influence on the most consistent team in our history at that point is beyond question.

This is a thread about Rodney Marsh, but Watson was an absolute pillar for us at that time.
Watson and Doyle, my word what a great partnership that was, and fearsome.

Dave Watson and Mike Doyle were my 2 favourite players from that City team of the 70s.
Both were top notch central defenders,took no shit from opposition forwards, and both scored important goals on occasion.
A great defensive partnership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.