Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Your last sentence is correct.
ACL injury at elite level means surgery. Even in an incomplete injury the ligament is stretched and is extremely unlikely to recover normal function. Any further injury can then result in meniscus damage so not worth taking the risk.
I could be wrong about this, but Rodri would get away with not needing surgery if it was just strained or over-stretched, right? I seem to remember Kevin missing the first chunk of the 18/19 season because of an ACL injury but he just needed to rest it instead of going in for surgery, which meant he came back about three months earlier than expected. Like I said, I could be wrong about that.

What I do find strange is that Leroy Sané tore his ACL in August 2019 and was back in full training by January 2020, but then never played another game that season - and TransferMarkt has his return date down as March. I can't remember how those circumstances played out - maybe Pep just didn't want Leroy too involved because his head was out the door by then - but if Rodri can be back playing even by January or February then we'll be incredibly lucky.

Were losing him for a long time. I still think we will make a good fist of the league.
But his loss will cost us in April / May when the pressure is on.
Not signing a back up in the summer was always coming to bite us.
Who is this "back-up" people keep speaking of, that would happily miss every game Rodri starts but still be good enough to fill in for Rodri at the drop of a hat?

Look at the risk of getting flamed I don't think Pep will have been happy to see Haaland stoke the fires in that way and provide extra motivation. Clearly personal rivalries are developing on the pitch (even if the managers share great mutual respect and friendship) and so I think it's safe to say matches between the 2 will from now on need to be watched from behind the sofa. Haaland seemed out of control at times and whilst no doubt City fans will love to see that, it does indicate him getting wound up and it's one thing doing that at his home stadium but he's now created a viper-pit atmosphere for the game at the Emirates. City are more than capable of handling that but why make it even tougher than it would otherwise be? It's like creating an extra trip to Anfield from a City perspective.

Likewise Arsenal's shithousery guarantees City away will from now on be even harder than it was before as the fans will be even more up for it than they were before. I'm thinking City-Madrid of a couple of years ago levels of crowd atmosphere which makes it almost mission impossible.
This is some Grade A Arse hypocrisy right here. Criticising Haaland for giving back a small portion of the utter shithousery dished out by Arsenal players during that match, who, by the way, embarrassed themselves, their club and their profession with that display.

The whole club -- management, players and fanbase -- need to take a good look at themselves before even considering attempting to take any sort of "moral high ground" view regarding Haaland, or any City players, at the end of that match. If every Arsenal player hadn't made it their personal mission to behave like an absolute **** throughout, neither Haaland nor anyone else would have been "wound up".

In short, fuck right off with this utter bollocks.

I could be wrong about this, but Rodri would get away with not needing surgery if it was just strained or over-stretched, right? I seem to remember Kevin missing the first chunk of the 18/19 season because of an ACL injury but he just needed to rest it instead of going in for surgery, which meant he came back about three months earlier than expected. Like I said, I could be wrong about that.

What I do find strange is that Leroy Sané tore his ACL in August 2019 and was back in full training by January 2020, but then never played another game that season - and TransferMarkt has his return date down as March. I can't remember how those circumstances played out - maybe Pep just didn't want Leroy too involved because his head was out the door by then - but if Rodri can be back playing even by January or February then we'll be incredibly lucky.

Yeah he'd already 'pre signed' for Bayern at that point, or whatever it is.

Struggling to think of an example where the media reported that someone had done a serious injury, only for it to be false information and the official news was a lot less serious, sadly.

Were losing him for a long time. I still think we will make a good fist of the league.
But his loss will cost us in April / May when the pressure is on.
Not signing a back up in the summer was always coming to bite us.

We can get one in January though.

January/February would feel like a real win at this point. You're talking four months. I just can't help but feel it's going to double that amount of time though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.