Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Look at the risk of getting flamed I don't think Pep will have been happy to see Haaland stoke the fires in that way and provide extra motivation. Clearly personal rivalries are developing on the pitch (even if the managers share great mutual respect and friendship) and so I think it's safe to say matches between the 2 will from now on need to be watched from behind the sofa. Haaland seemed out of control at times and whilst no doubt City fans will love to see that, it does indicate him getting wound up and it's one thing doing that at his home stadium but he's now created a viper-pit atmosphere for the game at the Emirates. City are more than capable of handling that but why make it even tougher than it would otherwise be? It's like creating an extra trip to Anfield from a City perspective.

Likewise Arsenal's shithousery guarantees City away will from now on be even harder than it was before as the fans will be even more up for it than they were before. I'm thinking City-Madrid of a couple of years ago levels of crowd atmosphere which makes it almost mission impossible.
Big players love to play in ‘viper pit’ atmospheres. We have big players, big personalities, we’ll thrive in that atmosphere. Bring it on, can’t wait

Might be game playing by the club, I’m hoping it is. They could be testing the media. I’m still hoping against hope it’s a miracle.

Yeah I called it out in the Arsenal thread a couple of weeks back that no Bluemoon members were celebrating when we lost Odegaard and were showing sympathy. That was classy. To be honest usually we are classier than that as a fanbase but I think the match yesterday has created a tinderbox atmosphere. We've now got Gabriel on twitter doing a Brazilian TV interview saying Arsenal will be 'waiting at our house' for City in february with the intimation that violence will happen. It's bloody Dipper-level stuff now. Reminds me a bit of the Arsenal-Rags matches back in the day and the bad smell around those games.
and who is 100% to blame for it being that way? You can play wonderful football when you want to. Look at what Milan and Brentford achieved by playing football against us with no need for the shithousery. I cannot understand why you would resort to those tactics. Arteta learned from the best and still has chosen to play like you did on Sunday. It was fucking horrible and that he would set you up to deliberately hurt our players (players that he coached) says a great deal about him and your club. And as for your fans celebrating Rodri's injury, just no words.

A quick dive into the HYS on the BBC site makes for grim reading. Then I thought, if opposition fans are so hopeful that it's a serious injury to Rodri, how scared must they be of City ? How weak and insecure are they in their own team's chances that they grasp something like this as a gift from the gods ? Perhaps many of us don't realise how much of a psychological advantage we have over them ?

Look at the risk of getting flamed I don't think Pep will have been happy to see Haaland stoke the fires in that way and provide extra motivation. Clearly personal rivalries are developing on the pitch (even if the managers share great mutual respect and friendship) and so I think it's safe to say matches between the 2 will from now on need to be watched from behind the sofa. Haaland seemed out of control at times and whilst no doubt City fans will love to see that, it does indicate him getting wound up and it's one thing doing that at his home stadium but he's now created a viper-pit atmosphere for the game at the Emirates. City are more than capable of handling that but why make it even tougher than it would otherwise be? It's like creating an extra trip to Anfield from a City perspective.

Likewise Arsenal's shithousery guarantees City away will from now on be even harder than it was before as the fans will be even more up for it than they were before. I'm thinking City-Madrid of a couple of years ago levels of crowd atmosphere which makes it almost mission impossible.
A viper-pit atmosphere at the library, surely you’re having a giraffe

I am not a director of football or a scout. We pay people a lot of money to find and sign players. They didn't do their job.
But this is my point really. There is no ideal "Rodri back-up" that exists in the world - nobody for Begiristain and Pep to find. Rodri's skillsets and attributes are unique. There are no midfielders in the world who fit the profile City fans want. Nobody who's as tall or strong, composed or measured, or as positionally disciplined - and especially not someone who has all those attributes, can be purchased for around £50m (or less), and will be happy to rotate in and out of the team whenever Rodri's fit. As I've said in other threads, literally every key player in our squad would be hugely missed were he to be injured long-term and sometimes you just can't legislate for that. You can't just stockpile like-for-like players on the off chance that someone ends up being injured for nine months. That's not realistic or fair, and when clubs like Chelsea do it they end up looking like a clown car.

The best City can do - in fact, the best any team can do - is build a squad of versatile players who can compensate for the skills of injured key players should they ever go missing. We've done that. Starting from the back and moving forward, we've seen over recent years that Lewis and Stones can easily slot into a two-man midfield behind the attacking line. As can Akanji in more extreme circumstances. Gvardiol has the skillset to at least be tried there. That's without getting into the midfielders we actually have, such as Kovacic and Gundogan, who have played as central midfielders their entire career, occasionally dropping to the base of the midfield when required. There's also talk of someone like Grealish being moved back there because of his strength, workrate, and ability to control the game. We tried with someone like Kalvin Phillips but he was permanently broken by that shoulder injury, and even he's never played on his own in the way Fernandinho and Rodri have done over the years.

Rodri being out for months on end is shit but people need to get their heads around the fact that an ideal clone exists who can just step in at a moment's notice.

Big players love to play in ‘viper pit’ atmospheres. We have big players, big personalities, we’ll thrive in that atmosphere. Bring it on, can’t wait

I couldn't see Arsenal creating any sort of "viper pit" atmosphere myself. The game needs an edge, it's been too nice for too long. If they want to come and mix it with us then it's going to see things step up on and off the pitch. After the game on Sunday the whole atmosphere around Arsenal has changed from a lot of our fan base. We were pretty "meh" about them. They still don't come close to our hatred of the dippers and rags, but it would be good for it to be more intense.

I don't like their style of football, and it's does my head in how they'll spend every minute trying to get the opposition players booked for time wasting whilst doing it more than any other team.

What is hugely positive is our players have highlighted it now so refs should be all over it moving forwards.

Well just read we won't get more than 80 points without Rods in the team which clearly wouldn't be enough to win the league. But let's see, it is very much Arsenal's to lose now and that might suit us. Good news hopefully in January and an inspired purchase or 2 might turn the tide mid-season. An announcement that Pep is staying an extra few years would also be a nice boost. It would be a monumental achievement to win the league this season if Rodri is out for 6 months plus but don't rule us out yet.
Never rule us out. I seem to remember Liverpool fans saying that they were going to walk the league, just as stupid Arsenal fans are now, when KDB got injured five years ago. What happened, we did the domestic treble that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.