Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

I could be wrong about this, but Rodri would get away with not needing surgery if it was just strained or over-stretched, right? I seem to remember Kevin missing the first chunk of the 18/19 season because of an ACL injury but he just needed to rest it instead of going in for surgery, which meant he came back about three months earlier than expected. Like I said, I could be wrong about that.

What I do find strange is that Leroy Sané tore his ACL in August 2019 and was back in full training by January 2020, but then never played another game that season - and TransferMarkt has his return date down as March. I can't remember how those circumstances played out - maybe Pep just didn't want Leroy too involved because his head was out the door by then - but if Rodri can be back playing even by January or February then we'll be incredibly lucky.
Unfortunately there really is no such thing as a sprain where the ACL is concerned. If it is partially injured it becomes stretched and does not recover its original shape, it undergoes a process called plastic deformation. It therefore remains slack and allows extra movement which if sufficient stressed goes onto complete rupture with consequent instability and risk of further damage to menisci and other structures.
It is therefore advisable to reconstruct the ligament before any further damage occurs.

Look at the risk of getting flamed I don't think Pep will have been happy to see Haaland stoke the fires in that way and provide extra motivation. Clearly personal rivalries are developing on the pitch (even if the managers share great mutual respect and friendship) and so I think it's safe to say matches between the 2 will from now on need to be watched from behind the sofa. Haaland seemed out of control at times and whilst no doubt City fans will love to see that, it does indicate him getting wound up and it's one thing doing that at his home stadium but he's now created a viper-pit atmosphere for the game at the Emirates. City are more than capable of handling that but why make it even tougher than it would otherwise be? It's like creating an extra trip to Anfield from a City perspective.

Likewise Arsenal's shithousery guarantees City away will from now on be even harder than it was before as the fans will be even more up for it than they were before. I'm thinking City-Madrid of a couple of years ago levels of crowd atmosphere which makes it almost mission impossible.

Mike Arteta's Arsenal are perfectly capable of gaslighting themselves without us having to worry wbout what our players are saying to them. Their propensity to spit the dummy at the most minor of setbacks - be that a bad refereeing decision, an injury to a player or a disappointing result - is partly what is holding them back in my opinion. They're a club gripped with fear at the idea of not winning what they feel is rightfully theirs whilst they have a half decent team. Their desperation gets the better of them the more a season wears on and i honestly think it's a very unhelpful distraction and a waste of energy. You love to see it.

But this is my point really. There is no ideal "Rodri back-up" that exists in the world - nobody for Begiristain and Pep to find. Rodri's skillsets and attributes are unique. There are no midfielders in the world who fit the profile City fans want. Nobody who's as tall or strong, composed or measured, or as positionally disciplined - and especially not someone who has all those attributes, can be purchased for around £50m (or less), and will be happy to rotate in and out of the team whenever Rodri's fit. As I've said in other threads, literally every key player in our squad would be hugely missed were he to be injured long-term and sometimes you just can't legislate for that. You can't just stockpile like-for-like players on the off chance that someone ends up being injured for nine months. That's not realistic or fair, and when clubs like Chelsea do it they end up looking like a clown car.

The best City can do - in fact, the best any team can do - is build a squad of versatile players who can compensate for the skills of injured key players should they ever go missing. We've done that. Starting from the back and moving forward, we've seen over recent years that Lewis and Stones can easily slot into a two-man midfield behind the attacking line. As can Akanji in more extreme circumstances. Gvardiol has the skillset to at least be tried there. That's without getting into the midfielders we actually have, such as Kovacic and Gundogan, who have played as central midfielders their entire career, occasionally dropping to the base of the midfield when required. There's also talk of someone like Grealish being moved back there because of his strength, workrate, and ability to control the game. We tried with someone like Kalvin Phillips but he was permanently broken by that shoulder injury, and even he's never played on his own in the way Fernandinho and Rodri have done over the years.

Rodri being out for months on end is shit but people need to get their heads around the fact that an ideal clone exists who can just step in at a moment's notice.
Also there’s no one out there who’s capable of Rodri’s level who would be willing to sit on the bench the majority of the time.

Mike Arteta's Arsenal are perfectly capable of gaslighting themselves without us having to worry wbout what our players are saying to them. Their propensity to spit the dummy at the most minor of setbacks - be that a bad refereeing decision, an injury to a player or a disappointing result - is partly what is holding them back in my opinion. They're a club gripped with fear at the idea of not winning what they feel is rightfully theirs whilst they have a half decent team. Their desperation gets the better of them the more a season wears on and i honestly think it's a very unhelpful distraction and a waste of energy. You love to see it.
They are mard arse knob heads.

A viper-pit atmosphere at the library, surely you’re having a giraffe
I think he means Jeremy,Piers and Horatio are going to keep the crusts on their cucumber sandwiches and lob them near Haaland..but not directly at Haaland, because that could be deemed really dangerous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.