Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Pep improves players and reinvents them too. Rice was never coming to City and I suspect our interest in him was limited at best. Winding Arsenal up by making out we wanted their big target was clever.

Sadly, you can’t have two Rodris at City and keep them both happy. We’re not a one man team and Pep will find a way. I am near certain.

Essentially, with Rodri in the team we dominate possession, and with the odd exception, are rarely exposed.
Subsequently we can suffocate the opposition until they tire and concede goalscoring opportunities.
Without Rodri the possession percentage reduces so the opposition see more of the ball.

However we still won at Chelsea and West Ham without him and didn't lose to Arsenal.
All is not lost

rodri-haaland.jpg

This is our worst nightmare coming to fruition... It's a scenario many warned against (including me), that we needed a player who can provide viable competition, & can rotate & rest with Rodri.

Kovacic has had an outstanding start to the season, which gave Rodders additional time off after another gruelling season, but he's suffered niggling injuries at times himself.

Nunes is essentially a £50m paperweight for all the use he's been.

Grealish has shown for England that he can be used effectively in the middle in a free role like he had at Villa, but City don't really do free roles. Rotating positions yes, but not a player choosing to play where he feels most effective.

Gundog has made a timely return, but I've never thought he has the physicality to be a No 6, especially now at his age. He's best as a creative No 8 all day long.

My thoughts are, we'll have to rely on a combination of all the above, with Lewis, Stones, Akanji & maybe Gvardiol stepping into midfield to form a double pivot.

Our squad is well stacked, however this season echoes the seasons we had after Kompany left & Aguero was mostly injured toward the end of his career at City. We lacked the depth to cover them with like for like.

The other obvious position which is a concern is Striker. I'm not a square pegs in round holes for a season, type of person. Striker & CDM were two obvious weak areas of depth for us, & I suppose we'll soon find out if Txiki & Pep should've been more proactive in covering those positions.

It'll be interesting to see what Baldy does to mitigate the loss of Rodri & to protect Haaland as the season progresses.

Any of those and we're not talking inadequates. They might not a spot on like for like, but they are seasoned pros and they can keep DM reasonably safe till Rodri comes back!

Ah, I thought you were replying to the conclusion, where they picked out Gvardiol.

I think it will end up with one of the others. Or more likely a couple of players doing the role. One advantage we have is that with Rodri becoming more attacking, other players have been filling in throughout the game anyway. His position has become more flexible, and is arguably a little easier to fill than it used to be.

Probably been mentioned but I was watching SSN on the dodgy box last night. John Cross from the Mirror said there's a correlation between playing a lot of football games in a season and ACL injuries.

I doubt if the greedy bastards at UEFA of FIFA will listen but as a protest I hope for the Club World Cup we send a complete second string made up of the players who don't feature much this season and Academy members. It will do them good, they can then have 5/6 weeks off and the Senior players can finish their season in May and have a good break before the start of the 25/26 when hopefully Rodders will be fit and raring to go.

Fuck the prize money, our team would be strong enough to progress to the knock out stage anyway earning a few quid on the way, this is one tournament too many.

We lost KDB last season for 5 months, Haaland for two months.
In previous years we’ve had injuries to Gundo, David Silva, Vincent, Sergio and many others.
Pep has always found a way and I’m supremely confident he’ll find a way again.
Rodri is a big loss, without any shadow of doubt, but not one player we’ve had, whilst under Pep’s tutelage, has ever been irreplaceable.
Here’s to a good recovery for Rodri and in the meantime enjoy the Pep Guardiola show, now that’s magic!!!

We lost KDB last season for 5 months, Haaland for two months.
In previous years we’ve had injuries to Gundo, David Silva, Vincent, Sergio and many others.
Pep has always found a way and I’m supremely confident he’ll find a way again.
Rodri is a big loss, without any shadow of doubt, but not one player we’ve had, whilst under Pep’s tutelage, has ever been irreplaceable.
Here’s to a good recovery for Rodri and in the meantime enjoy the Pep Guardiola show, now that’s magic!!!
When the chips are down, like you say, is very often when we are at our best. Backs to the walls is good for us (clearly not in this specific situation, but we are where we are)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.