Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

In most of our games this season we have looked very leggy second half. I think the relentless calendar is taking its toll. Whilst I think we can stay competitive in the league, I think the CL will be a bridge too far, especially against teams like the hideous Madrid twins, who only have half a dozen competitive domestic league games a season,

But we’re not on pointless. Take it you think the posters continual negativity is coincidental? Well we can all have our opinions - including you I guess

Not really important in the grand scheme of things but I think criticism of our owners because we don’t have another Rodri lined up is pathetic & suspiciously raggy
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I though the poster was talking absolute bollocks.

Probably been mentioned but I was watching SSN on the dodgy box last night. John Cross from the Mirror said there's a correlation between playing a lot of football games in a season and ACL injuries.
Did he have any hard facts to back this up? I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of players that have ACL injuries and there's thousands of players that have been playing lots of games at the top level

Just seen a video of Rodri leaving a building in Barca? in a white hooded top walking apparently with very minor discomfort. Bluemoon physios - is this consistent with a torn ACL?

(It's on city xtra on twitter/X)

It’s not exactly rocket science.
The more games you play the more the likely hood of getting any sort of injury, just as much as you’re more likely to score or concede goals.
It’s a numbers game.
The most important factors in injury prevention fitness and proprioreceptive conditioning which is where the emphasis is now placed in training and warm ups. This has led to a significant drop in ACL injury in recent years but the more games you play, the greater the exposure and subsequent risk of injury.

It really is a shame Nunes hasn't kicked on. There's an exceptional player in there, somewhere; regrettably Pep seems to have lost faith in him.
He has great technical ability, looks the part however he is physically weak. He gets brushed aside too easily and doesn't lay enough tackles for a DM.
Hopeful, but can't really see how that will change.

Did he have any hard facts to back this up? I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of players that have ACL injuries and there's thousands of players that have been playing lots of games at the top level

It does not mean there is a no correlation. It could be that a high number of games increases probability. But then it could be argued that a high number of games is always going to increase the probability of such injuries ;) I have no view either way. Crappy things happen. That's life for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.