Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Part of Rodri's effectiveness is how his presence alone affects the opposition, a replacement will not have that. Might be a good thing depending on how we set up and how quickly the rest of the squad cope without the always available safety valve that Rodri is. City are no one-season wonders, or dependent on a super-star, we have the manager and squad that have lost "irreplaceable" players on a regular basis, through injury and transfers, but still keep picking up trophies. Without a shadow of doubt, a fit Rodri would be in every starting eleven, so it's a knock-back for sure, no way a knock-out. KtF....

Part of Rodri's effectiveness is how his presence alone affects the opposition, a replacement will not have that. Might be a good thing depending on how we set up and how quickly the rest of the squad cope without the always available safety valve that Rodri is. City are no one-season wonders, or dependent on a super-star, we have the manager and squad that have lost "irreplaceable" players on a regular basis, through injury and transfers, but still keep picking up trophies. Without a shadow of doubt, a fit Rodri would be in every starting eleven, so it's a knock-back for sure, no way a knock-out. KtF....

It's not only about Rodri but also the fact his replacements are between 30 and 34 y.o. Also, Walker and KDB are 33....Pep will have to rely .ore on young players this season.

Just seen a video of Rodri leaving a building in Barca? in a white hooded top walking apparently with very minor discomfort. Bluemoon physios - is this consistent with a torn ACL?

(It's on city xtra on twitter/X)
It can be. ACLs have very low blood supply (which is why they cannot heal by themselves) and they do not have pain receptors. Pain often comes from other ligaments (MCL, LCL) or meniscus that may also be damaged.

Did he have any hard facts to back this up? I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of players that have ACL injuries and there's thousands of players that have been playing lots of games at the top level
He did, also playing at a higher level brings bigger risks.

Probably been mentioned but I was watching SSN on the dodgy box last night. John Cross from the Mirror said there's a correlation between playing a lot of football games in a season and ACL injuries.

I doubt if the greedy bastards at UEFA of FIFA will listen but as a protest I hope for the Club World Cup we send a complete second string made up of the players who don't feature much this season and Academy members. It will do them good, they can then have 5/6 weeks off and the Senior players can finish their season in May and have a good break before the start of the 25/26 when hopefully Rodders will be fit and raring to go.

Fuck the prize money, our team would be strong enough to progress to the knock out stage anyway earning a few quid on the way, this is one tournament too many.
I'm gonna sa that having a month off doesn't help either. Thing s tighten up then need stretching out again before going full throttle.

Look at the risk of getting flamed I don't think Pep will have been happy to see Haaland stoke the fires in that way and provide extra motivation. Clearly personal rivalries are developing on the pitch (even if the managers share great mutual respect and friendship) and so I think it's safe to say matches between the 2 will from now on need to be watched from behind the sofa. Haaland seemed out of control at times and whilst no doubt City fans will love to see that, it does indicate him getting wound up and it's one thing doing that at his home stadium but he's now created a viper-pit atmosphere for the game at the Emirates. City are more than capable of handling that but why make it even tougher than it would otherwise be? It's like creating an extra trip to Anfield from a City perspective.

Likewise Arsenal's shithousery guarantees City away will from now on be even harder than it was before as the fans will be even more up for it than they were before. I'm thinking City-Madrid of a couple of years ago levels of crowd atmosphere which makes it almost mission impossible.
You’re reading too much into Haaland, he’s like he was on Sunday a lot.

Last week when we played Brentford, at the final whistle he made a B-line to the Brentford defender and said, ‘do you want my fucking shirt hey, you were fucking pulling it enough, fuck off!’.

Remember when we played Everton and he became a gif?

IMG_7623.gif

He plays at that - what you describe as - ‘our of control’ level, a lot. He’s also one of the biggest wind-up merchants in the sport. It’s part of what makes him tick, part of what separates him from everyone else.

giphy.gif

I'm gonna sa that having a month off doesn't help either. Thing s tighten up then need stretching out again before going full throttle.
Definitely, players need a good 6 weeks off then at least 3 weeks to ease into the season. Due to time constraints we're always undercooked going into a new season, Pep manages the squad brilliantly but all these extra games are making it tougher.

Just seen a video of Rodri leaving a building in Barca? in a white hooded top walking apparently with very minor discomfort. Bluemoon physios - is this consistent with a torn ACL?

(It's on city xtra on twitter/X)
They had Paul Lake hopping up and down the Kippax apparently
So movement is still possible

View attachment 132811

This is our worst nightmare coming to fruition... It's a scenario many warned against (including me), that we needed a player who can provide viable competition, & can rotate & rest with Rodri.

Kovacic has had an outstanding start to the season, which gave Rodders additional time off after another gruelling season, but he's suffered niggling injuries at times himself.

Nunes is essentially a £50m paperweight for all the use he's been.

Grealish has shown for England that he can be used effectively in the middle in a free role like he had at Villa, but City don't really do free roles. Rotating positions yes, but not a player choosing to play where he feels most effective.

Gundog has made a timely return, but I've never thought he has the physicality to be a No 6, especially now at his age. He's best as a creative No 8 all day long.

My thoughts are, we'll have to rely on a combination of all the above, with Lewis, Stones, Akanji & maybe Gvardiol stepping into midfield to form a double pivot.

Our squad is well stacked, however this season echoes the seasons we had after Kompany left & Aguero was mostly injured toward the end of his career at City. We lacked the depth to cover them with like for like.

The other obvious position which is a concern is Striker. I'm not a square pegs in round holes for a season, type of person. Striker & CDM were two obvious weak areas of depth for us, & I suppose we'll soon find out if Txiki & Pep should've been more proactive in covering those positions.

It'll be interesting to see what Baldy does to mitigate the loss of Rodri & to protect Haaland as the season progresses.
My guess is he turns Rico into prime Kante

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.