Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Just seen a video of Rodri leaving a building in Barca? in a white hooded top walking apparently with very minor discomfort. Bluemoon physios - is this consistent with a torn ACL?

(It's on city xtra on twitter/X)
He's out for the season, mate. Too many reputable sources corroborating as much now.

We'll be fine. We have a world class squad and the best manager in the world.

He has great technical ability, looks the part however he is physically weak. He gets brushed aside too easily and doesn't lay enough tackles for a DM.
Hopeful, but can't really see how that will change.
Agreed. Thing is, we dominate possession against most teams, which somewhat negates the need for an absolute warrior in the middle. Where we may now struggle is the latter stages of the CL.

Nunes is brilliant at driving with the ball, if he could do that from deep then it'll give us another dimension. Hope he's given a chance in the coming months.

Probably been mentioned but I was watching SSN on the dodgy box last night. John Cross from the Mirror said there's a correlation between playing a lot of football games in a season and ACL injuries.

I doubt if the greedy bastards at UEFA of FIFA will listen but as a protest I hope for the Club World Cup we send a complete second string made up of the players who don't feature much this season and Academy members. It will do them good, they can then have 5/6 weeks off and the Senior players can finish their season in May and have a good break before the start of the 25/26 when hopefully Rodders will be fit and raring to go.

Fuck the prize money, our team would be strong enough to progress to the knock out stage anyway earning a few quid on the way, this is one tournament too many.

I’d prefer we play the second string for the last 6 weeks of the PL season, when we are out of the running due to being 20 points behind Arse/Dippers. Then go strong in the Club World Cup.

All the best, Steve, from Atlanta, GA

My guess is he turns Rico into prime Kante
It will be intriguing if he managed to pull that one off. The obvious problem with this is Ricos diminutive stature. In terms of the skill set to do the job I am sure he has the required attributes. Don't be surprised to see the baldy one try out this experiment maybe even tonight. Short term it will be business as it was in the opening games without Rodri. Kovatic will get the nod and it will be a big test straight off next Saturday at Newcastle. Let's hope he has a good game.

Just seen a video of Rodri leaving a building in Barca? in a white hooded top walking apparently with very minor discomfort. Bluemoon physios - is this consistent with a torn ACL?

(It's on city xtra on twitter/X)
I’ve done 3 ACLs ( infact one is still torn) and walked out of hospital every time. It’s not much of a problem until you plant your foot wrong or twist your leg under load. Initially maybe a bit swollen. However that was nhs treatment so for Rodri I’d expect expert care to at least given him a knee brace or crutches.

Yes it;s definitive - like if you cross the road a lot or jump out of airplanes. John Cross knows his stuff.
Tbf to Cross he was quoting from an independent study and not his own subjective opinion. He was also very complimentary towards Pep, Rodri and the team in general, he said he really liked watching Rodri play.

Never rule us out. I seem to remember Liverpool fans saying that they were going to walk the league, just as stupid Arsenal fans are now, when KDB got injured five years ago. What happened, we did the domestic treble that season.
I'm not ruling us out but this injury is a big setback which will be hard to overcome.

It really is a shame Nunes hasn't kicked on. There's an exceptional player in there, somewhere; regrettably Pep seems to have lost faith in him.

He has great technical ability, looks the part however he is physically weak. He gets brushed aside too easily and doesn't lay enough tackles for a DM.
Hopeful, but can't really see how that will change.

Exactly how I see him. There's a real player there, no question. But he's very slightly built, and he can be easily bullied. Kova's got more physical presence. Of course, I'm not going to compare Kova or anyone else to Rod. There is no-one else. We'll deal with it. That's what Pep gets paid the big bucks for.
In 2019 we won a treble which, I have always said, is as hard to win as the other type of treble. We basically didn't have KDB for virtually the entire season. And in those days, Kev was far more important to us than he is now.
So long as we get the forty points I'm happy…

Edit: just read @eastmanc's post above. Minds thinking alike.

What are you talking about Arsenals to lose?? We've played 5 games from a 38 game season! At this point it could be anyones league. We are reiging champions, not prepared to roll over and call it Arsenals in September! Not sure where all the negativity is coming from!! We've lost a player for an extended period of time, remember what happened when Kev was injured first game last season? Other players step up because that is our mentality!!
I never said we will give up just stating an obvious fact that we are now weaker than we were before Sunday. Also uncertainty about the future of the manager and the outcome of the so called trial of the century is bound to have a depressing effect. Let's wait and see and hope we still have a good season.

You’re reading too much into Haaland, he’s like he was on Sunday a lot.

Last week when we played Brentford, at the final whistle he made a B-line to the Brentford defender and said, ‘do you want my fucking shirt hey, you were fucking pulling it enough, fuck off!’.

Remember when we played Everton and he became a gif?

View attachment 132814

He plays at that - what you describe as - ‘our of control’ level, a lot. He’s also one of the biggest wind-up merchants in the sport. It’s part of what makes him tick, part of what separates him from everyone else.

giphy.gif
Fair enough - personally I'd love it if we had someone like that up front giving it out as A he's an absolute unit so unlikely to be intimidated and B it provides a focal point for the opposing team's bullyboys to go after and leave the smaller players alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.