Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
80s Shorts said:
Very very tough ask without Kompany, Yaya, Aguero and Silva. (Fern ?)

I will be surprised if we get through but heres hoping.

Without our four acknowledged world-class players (is Merlin definitely out, by the way?) I honestly think it would be nothing short of miraculous. BUT. But several things comfort me. Jimmy Milner is playing his socks off at present, and is in fine form. Likewise Nasri. Fernandinho is coming back into the form of last season at just the right time. And we have Lampard, who knows games like this like the back of his hand. We could just get a scoring draw and, if I've understood correctly, we go through if Bayern beat CSKA. Which I expect them to do, weakened team or not.
I'm pretty relaxed about it. To have gone out without recording any kind of win would have been disgraceful. Well, we've got the win, and not against just anybody. Everything else is bonus. Had we completely fucked up in the league, this tie would look different to me. Now, if we go through, it's icing on the cake.
Do it, blue boys. Just for fun…
great post

I think it's too late now for Silva. I can't imagine that he would be anywhere near his best if he played after such a long absence, but I'm hoping Kompany makes it

We are missing a lot of offensive players in Yaya, Silva and Aguero, but the upside from that is that we should be strong defensively, and if we can keep a clean sheet, I reckon Jovetic and Dzeko playing 45 minutes each can get us a goal. We'll be in a very difficult situation if Jovetic is injured. It only takes a set-piece goal or a deflection to turn this tie on its head

The disappointment about the CSKA results has been aired. Shot to nothing now, and the pressure is on Roma. We've got half a team out and are in a great position in the League. If we go out, then we concentrate on winning back to back titles.

I think we are easily capable of a score draw and the pressure to win is with Roma. However, if we lose we avoid the Europa League so it's win win for us.

Manchester33 said:
Really Jealous of everyone going to this!

The atmosphere will be unbelievable!

I think this is one of those games where we are just going to do the business. I think they will be a lot more nervous then us and we seem to be in good form! Even without aguero, I reckon we'll win on the night.

Hopefully the game will pass by without any trouble but I doubt it. It's Roma's biggest game of the season and there fans are a bunch of fascist thugs.

jaigurugoat said:
Manchester33 said:

I think this is one of those games where we are just going to do the business. I think they will be a lot more nervous then us and we seem to be in good form! Even without aguero, I reckon we'll win on the night.

Hopefully the game will pass by without any trouble but I doubt it. It's Roma's biggest game of the season and their fans are a bunch of fascist thugs, don't expect there to be too much protection from the police in or outside the ground either, seem to remember the Rags being charged by police for no reason a few years back and Spurs fans were stabbed there last year.

jaigurugoat said:
jaigurugoat said:
Manchester33 said:

Hopefully the game will pass by without any trouble but I doubt it. It's Roma's biggest game of the season and their fans are a bunch of fascist thugs, don't expect there to be too much protection from the police in or outside the ground either, seem to remember the Rags being charged by police for no reason a few years back and Spurs fans were stabbed there last year.

We get the worst fixtures every year. Seriously CSKA with their racist fan ultras and then Roma. That said I think we'll be fearless with our focus on the game. All we have to do is focus on defense, not concede any, and get that coveted one goal. 1-0 win, no complaints.

Marvin said:
bayern blade said:
Bayern have a big game away at 3rd placed Augsburg on Saturday and look like playing a much weakened team v Moscow according to German media.

Kicker has the line up as follows :

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

Müller, Robben, Ribery and Xabi Alonso are all left out, along with Benatia (suspended) and Thiago, Lahm, Badstuber, Alaba, Pizarro and Martinez (injured).
I don't think Bayern will be easing off too much. Its important to maintain momentum at this stage in the season, and if fringe players come in, it's a chance for them to show what they can do in a high profile game

I wish City were in that situation. The City v CSKA Moscow game at City was a farce and I still can't believe that we didn't win that game
for us yes, not so much for bayern who have a winter break very soon

Maine Road 1923 said:
I think we are easily capable of a score draw and the pressure to win is with Roma. However, if we lose we avoid the Europa League so it's win win for us.

I agree, I think Bayern are going to beat CSKA because I can't see Pep and Bayern as a club wanting to go two games without a win in the Champions League, regardless if they have qualified or not.

Look at the game Bayern gave us, and with ten men, yet there were guaranteed top spot anyway!!

If this is the case Roma have to win or grind out a 0-0 draw so the pressure is on them, especially at home.

We have a lot of key players out but we still can field a lot of experience in this game and enough quality that can see us score at least one goal.

I think it will be a struggle but if we get our tactics right we can grind out a 1-1 which in my opinion will be enough because I see Bayern winning.

I hope Pellegrini doesn't feel like he has to go for it from the off and play 4-4-2 etc... I think of he does that Roma could blitz us out if sight by half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.