Ronaldo rejects new Real Madrid contract.

kun said:
If we only signed one player, it should be Ronaldo.

Pros:
- Adds width
- Adds pace
- Adds power
- Ridiculously marketable
- Marquee signing
- Goalscorer
- Champions league experience
- Premier league experience
- Would piss of rags

Cons:
- Expensive
- Bit of a ****

The scottish whisky face will made a heart attack if that will happen..will piss they right in their bloody faces!!!

LoveCity said:
kun said:
If we only signed one player, it should be Ronaldo.

Pros:
- Adds width
- Adds pace
- Adds power
- Ridiculously marketable
- Marquee signing
- Goalscorer
- Champions league experience
- Premier league experience
- Would piss of rags

Cons:
- Expensive
- Bit of a ****

Agreed, if the opportunity is there it'd be mad to at least not consider signing him. He's at his peak (just turned 28) and not someone we'd be signing past his prime. The wind-up value would be immense... renditions of "Viva Ronaldo" and "that boy Ronaldo made United look sh*te".

Another con you didn't mention is that he is rather selfish, demands he take every free kick, and could cause a little disharmony. But then again since we have no one capable of taking a good free kick except Kolarov I don't think Ronaldo hogging the free kicks would be a big problem.

The type of signing who would take us to the next level really, guaranteed 30 goals or so and huge benefits off the pitch.

Also, if we did sell him in 5 years when he was 33 (and could still be going strong then) he'd still bring in a good transfer fee because he's Cristiano Ronaldo.
I reckoned that came under 'bit of a ****'

Zero chance he'd come here if Utd are interested and I'm sure they would be

Fantastic talent. Not sure he's not on the decline though.

We just about handled him at home at the Etihad. And the goal apart, he was quiet against Utd.

Indeed, no sign of decline. Real Madrid have been much worse this season yet Ronaldo still has a staggering goal scoring record. He probably won't start to decline until he's 31/32ish but even then he's such a good player that he'll perform at a high level until 34/35 you'd think (like Drogba).

And I doubt United will pay £70million+ for him if he goes this summer because that's how much he'll cost and despite their lavish spending lately that will be one transfer fee too much for the Glazers I imagine.

As some of rag's current or ex.players, can't recall, said the other day - he is bully and loves to destroy small teams. That's exactly what we needed at Southampton, West Ham, QPR :)

And though he wasn't big game player for few years, he recently broke record scoring in 7-8 consecutive El Clasicos, the one few weeks ago was first one where he didn't score for long time.

However you turn it, I'd have him at City in a heartbeat. From million reasons.. though not sure it will ever happen.

From a business point of view, signing Tranny would make so much sense and propel us commercially to new heights.

He would also have the added bonus of being able to play a bit as well.

The sort of deal Ferran/Txiki have been brought to the club to try and do imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.