Ronaldo?

The people who would turn down a player like Ronaldo because of the fact that he played for Man United or is just a twat need a reality check. He's an athlete not a diplomat. His job is to score goals and he does that better than anyone (including Messi at the moment). If you think all of your players are angels in comparison, please pass the pipe and let the rest of us share the trip.

Its more sensible to argue against him joining you because you don't feel he'll be a good addition for footballing reasons. Perhaps you don't want his flank being your main avenue of attack making you one dimensional, or perhaps you don't want the enormous ego in the dressing room - or maybe you don't feel he's worth £100m or whatever obscene figure is being quoted considering what else you could get for the same money. Don't think for a moment that he cares in the slightest about Man United's history or their rivalry with you - beyond what he does for entertainment (winks etc).

Personally I don't think there is any substance in this story. He's completely priced out of anyone's reach and would have to force a move for it to happen. The resulting transfer fee otherwise would be astronomical and UEFA are trying to put an end to that.

leewill31 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
It'll never happen, not in a million years. People seem to think we are being lead around by a bunch of clowns and if they think we'd spend that much money, both as a fee and on wages. They're on crack. We'd be banned instantly via FFP.

no we woudnt its actually 3 years away before any ban can or could be handed out.wheather such a spend can be accodamated for within them years i would not have a clue but the price is all paper talk as is the player maybe coming to us but what i do know is that such a player as ronaldo i would not turn my nose up at!

It'd easily be over £100m if we were to even be in discussion about it, we're not breaking even now. How would you propose, not only making that money back, but also the wages he'd be on, it is not feasibly possible even allowing the losses we're allowed for the next 3 years.

Castiel said:
The people who would turn down a player like Ronaldo because of the fact that he played for Man United or is just a twat need a reality check. He's an athlete not a diplomat. His job is to score goals and he does that better than anyone (including Messi at the moment). If you think all of your players are angels in comparison, please pass the pipe and let the rest of us share the trip.

Its more sensible to argue against him joining you because you don't feel he'll be a good addition for footballing reasons. Perhaps you don't want his flank being your main avenue of attack making you one dimensional, or perhaps you don't want the enormous ego in the dressing room - or maybe you don't feel he's worth £100m or whatever obscene figure is being quoted considering what else you could get for the same money. Don't think for a moment that he cares in the slightest about Man United's history or their rivalry with you - beyond what he does for entertainment (winks etc).

Personally I don't think there is any substance in this story. He's completely priced out of anyone's reach and would have to force a move for it to happen. The resulting transfer fee otherwise would be astronomical and UEFA are trying to put an end to that.
Bang on the money there, all bar the last paragraph which I don't want to be true! :-)
Like I said yesterday, they;re ALL hired guns. Does Van der Vaat care about Spurs? Does he balls, they were his only option so off he went. Does Drogba care about Chelsea? Does he balls, as soon as a bigger weekly wage comes along, off he will go. Tevez doesn't care about City, nor does Yaya and Balotelli, infact none of the players we have signed really 'care' about the club. I couldn't give a flying fuck about my employers, but they pay me quite well for what I do but if someone gave me more I would be off like a shot, because that's what people do - they move where the money is. Ronaldo is no different.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Pigeonho said:
Skashion said:
Not that I believe it, but no anyway.
How come?
1. Former rag.
2. Tranny diving twat.
Fair do's if that's how you see it, but does the possibility of 35 goals a season, contributing to a title or 5 not render point's 1 and 2 totally irrelevant? I can almost get my head around the diving part, as no-one likes to see that but all you have to do really is look at the pathetic attempts Jo did last year on 2 occasions to buy us free kicks. Completely different talent wise, I know, but my point is we have someone who in that respect is quite possibly more of a twat. The one v Leicester was almost Rivaldo-esque in its embarrassment. Point 1 though, that has nothing to do with anything as it's in the past and is totally irrelevant to the future.

MCFC-alan88 said:
leewill31 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
It'll never happen, not in a million years. People seem to think we are being lead around by a bunch of clowns and if they think we'd spend that much money, both as a fee and on wages. They're on crack. We'd be banned instantly via FFP.

no we woudnt its actually 3 years away before any ban can or could be handed out.wheather such a spend can be accodamated for within them years i would not have a clue but the price is all paper talk as is the player maybe coming to us but what i do know is that such a player as ronaldo i would not turn my nose up at!

It'd easily be over £100m if we were to even be in discussion about it, we're not breaking even now. How would you propose, not only making that money back, but also the wages he'd be on, it is not feasibly possible even allowing the losses we're allowed for the next 3 years.

thats only on the basis that the ffp would even exist in 3 years time im yet to be convinced it will.

The only way we could afford him is if we got £50mill for Tevez and £10mill for Ade, as their wages would cover his and a net spend of £50mill. Would Real offer us £50mill for Tevez and £10mill for Ade.... not a chance.

As I said he is using us to get a better contract from Real, just like Rooney!

leewill31 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
leewill31 said:

thats only on the basis that the ffp would even exist in 3 years time im yet to be convinced it will.

It'll still exist, but it'll be the white elephant in the room that'll get trotted out when they feel it's needed to make a statement. FFPR isn't going away purely because we know how asinine the football governing bodies can be.

Pigeonho said:
Fair do's if that's how you see it, but does the possibility of 35 goals a season, contributing to a title or 5 not render point's 1 and 2 totally irrelevant? I can almost get my head around the diving part, as no-one likes to see that but all you have to do really is look at the pathetic attempts Jo did last year on 2 occasions to buy us free kicks. Completely different talent wise, I know, but my point is we have someone who in that respect is quite possibly more of a twat. The one v Leicester was almost Rivaldo-esque in its embarrassment. Point 1 though, that has nothing to do with anything as it's in the past and is totally irrelevant to the future.
No, it isn't, it was a quick tongue-in-cheek having seen Castiel's post.

It's no because there are better ways of spending £100m and 400k a week. Four or five promising young players from abroad that'll buy you. There's a reason why Taggart sold at £80m. It's the same reason we shouldn't buy at that rate and higher. We can't act as though money is no object. We've got to spend wisely.

Skashion said:
Pigeonho said:
No, it isn't, it was a quick tongue-in-cheek having seen Castiel's post.

It's no because there are better ways of spending £100m and 400k a week. Four or five promising young players from abroad that'll buy you. There's a reason why Taggart sold at £80m. It's the same reason we shouldn't buy at that rate and higher. We can't act as though money is no object. We've got to spend wisely.
But surely if this one last 'fuck it lets throw money at it' punt could mean getting Ronaldo, we must do everything we can do secure him? On every level of the club it would be a massive statement, a massive signing and would get rid of that tag that we can't secure the worlds best. Also, depending on what a persons specific view of a marquee player is, we would be the first club, even including United, who would have signed a top 3/4 marquee player in his prime. Some say Veron was, and at the time I kind of agreed, but thats all depending on who you think were the worlds best at that time. Chelsea have never been able to do it, nor have Arsenal or Liverpool. To be seen to have done that would put us instantly in a bracket all of our own, again, depending on who you regard as marquee players.

Pigeonho said:
But surely if this one last 'fuck it lets throw money at it' punt could mean getting Ronaldo, we must do everything we can do secure him? On every level of the club it would be a massive statement, a massive signing and would get rid of that tag that we can't secure the worlds best. Also, depending on what a persons specific view of a marquee player is, we would be the first club, even including United, who would have signed a top 3/4 marquee player in his prime. Some say Veron was, and at the time I kind of agreed, but thats all depending on who you think were the worlds best at that time. Chelsea have never been able to do it, nor have Arsenal or Liverpool. To be seen to have done that would put us instantly in a bracket all of our own, again, depending on who you regard as marquee players.
Well... Torres.

If you're allowed to speculate about signing Ronaldo, I'm allowed to imagine Torres regaining form! :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.