Rugby World Cup 2023

That says as mush about the standards of facilities in state schools as anything else. I’ve never met anyone who played rugby Union who hasn’t loved the game for life. I never had the pleasure but it’s played widely in North Leeds with most players having gone to state schools.
I'm from North Wales where the England team were hated for being public school boys as much as anything else. I now live in Warrington where the working class schools play league only and the schools in the upper class areas play union. The split between classes is still there, as it was when League and Union parted ways.

We played it once in school when we were invited to a local rugby club, but the rest of the time it was league.
Yes me too. I think I could have turned out for the Peter Street YMCA team but it clashed with City. Some characters played.

My cousin Simon Reid played for Broughtin Park. I couldn’t believe how posh the supporters were.

I'm from North Wales where the England team were hated for being public school boys as much as anything else. I now live in Warrington where the working class schools play league only and the schools in the upper class areas play union. The split between classes is still there, as it was when League and Union parted ways.

You should have just said that you're Welsh and don't like the English, wear your bigotry with pride mate, don't hide it under a bushel.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The fair weather, bandwagon fans are winding you up.

They won’t be seen on another rugby thread in the next 4 years.

Not based on the results in the run up to the World Cup or the world rankings. They’ve all been pretty much par.
My lot ( Wales) were ranked 10th prior to the world cup so a quarter final was pretty good.
Gats has huge problems with the WRU and the way its run.
Oh well come on England, fuck the French.

Both brought up on Rugby League or they would never have made it, with famous RL dads of course.

A lot more money in RU so the iconic RL players coached there and got their kids into it.
Not quite true.
Neither Owen nor George played senior or pro Rugby League. Andy Farrell moved to Harpenden in 2005when he signed for Saracens, so Owen wouldn’t have had a League club to play for after St Pats. George like his dad played for my club Saddleworth Rangers, but at his secondary school in Rishworth, they played Union not league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.