Rugby World Cup 2023

Take it you have never played a game of rugby. Fiji are a good side and England had to dig deep, they did, so good luck to them. It wasn't a 7s club game it was for a place in a world cup semi. Are you just envious that the English players did themselves proud.
Thought they played as well as they have done for a good while until Fiji picked themselves up half way through the second half. It was tough as the Fiji fellas are big strong lads and the pack were much heavier than Englands. England just did enough to see it through. Well done our lads.

Brought up on.

Mike Ford said it himself, George needed the competition at an early age from RL to become the RU he is now. Bit doubt he knows.
I know the Fords. my point is he ‘made it’ as a Union player as that’s all he played since junior school. As I said neither George nor Owen played ‘any’ senior league rugby as they didn’t have the opportunity. Of course Mike & George being from Oldham were brought up on league, as were Andy & Owen being from Wigan. However it’s unfair to suggest they only made it due to their fathers league background.

I know the Fords. my point is he ‘made it’ as a Union player as that’s all he played since junior school. As I said neither George nor Owen played ‘any’ senior league rugby as they didn’t have the opportunity. Of course Mike & George being from Oldham were brought up on league, as were Andy & Owen being from Wigan. However it’s unfair to suggest they only made it due to their fathers league background.
They made it because they were / are bloody good.

Last edited:
North Mancs high school had one of the finest northern school rugby teams and was a comprehensive, had three rugby pitches, five football pitches a really good cricket pitch. All sold off in the end its a sporting scandal what successive governments have done with funding for school sport.
Exactly mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.