Rugby World Cup 2023

As I said earlier I wouldn’t fancy watching the game with the D4 crowd.(Dublin 4).
But the country does get behind the Irish team no matter what sport you are mainly into.
Rugby is about 4th down the list of team games played here. The schools that play it are limited and certainly in Leinster they tend to be the posher colleges.

I’ve never played the game. It would never have been tolerated in a Christian Bros School. Then again neither would soccer. None of those foreign games in a CBS.
Wasn’t "soccer" viewed as the "partitionists' game" back in the good old days, particularly by the older, died in the wool, GAA mob?

The last word for Andy Farrell with Ireland going into the next World Cup getting the 10 and 9 pairing will be the hardest to get sorted. We had some smashing Under age talents a mix of the young with the experience will be vital. The 10 role I just dont know who is the long term solution so Farrells call in these areas will be huge. He can get his own and mould his own number 10. Which I want to see.

I know rugby is a physical game, far more so than football, but rugby fans always boast about the discipline amongst rugby players, and diss footballers for lacking discipline. Every match there seems to be a punch up in this tournament, especially the one in the second half in England v Fiji. Rodri got banned for three games for less, Fiji were given a penalty and none of the boxers punching each other even got a yellow card. Personally I think this was right, the rugby refs tolerate aggression, understand the heat of the moment, get the players to calm down, shake hands, and get on with the game. Football refs need to learn from this.

The mad thing with Rugby my 5 year old girl is being coached tag rugby in her primary schools and it aint posh. I think Rugby in Ireland with how well they have done they are getting the best of the Irish talent they are winning when it comes to football we are in the dark days there shocking so all the kids looking at a rugby team playing so well they want to play rugby over football. I think that will be the thing here for a long time to go. The IRFU have been very smart with everything from training and how much rugby there top players that play for Ireland play. They wont play as much as some of the players in the English squad.

That isn't a great apology but I'll take it.
Apology for what? Are you pissed? My argument is you are completely wrong to suggest that two Northern, working class lads would never have made it without their fathers league background. And as I correctly pointed out, neither played league after leaving school. They made it because they were exceptional players.

Good start for the French, great conversion too. Still don’t rule out SA yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.