Running thread

did you have something similar open at the same time? Like Google Maps, Map My Run?

That's the only time strava doesn't record my work
My watch went off just before I went out so borrowed my girlfriends which is different and hadn’t picked up sat nav signal at the start. Sorted mine now.

Any advice for breaking into new running trainers? I stupidly went for an 8 mile run with brand new trainers. Comfortable to wear until I got about 2 miles into the run and the soles of my feet were burning.

Any advice for breaking into new running trainers? I stupidly went for an 8 mile run with brand new trainers. Comfortable to wear until I got about 2 miles into the run and the soles of my feet were burning.

I think you've answered your own question. I build up in new trainers like I'm building up for a long run - steadily and increase distance 15%-20% each run until they feel comfortable.

I need to get back to running managed 25k a few years back and then stupidly stopped. Tried to get back into it last year and failed miserably. Anyone got any good ways to get fit quickly on a treadmill without mile munching.

A week of contrasting runs or so I thought. Ran 1 sec off my 10k PB on Weds doing 1-min sprint intervals. Did a different set of sprint intervals over 7km today and really couldn't be arsed.

Compared the runs and the pace was 8:02 & 8:03 respectively. Go figure??? Any suggestions - is it a mindset thing?

did my short distance (3km) sprint/run again today, for the first time in a fortnight after time off work which involved way too much booze and good food. Dreaded it. Quickest time yet. flummoxed.

A week of contrasting runs or so I thought. Ran 1 sec off my 10k PB on Weds doing 1-min sprint intervals. Did a different set of sprint intervals over 7km today and really couldn't be arsed.

Compared the runs and the pace was 8:02 & 8:03 respectively. Go figure??? Any suggestions - is it a mindset thing?
I think its a physical thing. You cant expect much difference in times just a couple of days apart. I reckon it takes a few weeks to notice any time improvements and that only with a significantly different/ harder / smarter training plan.

So relax and don't be a slave to the watch. Run on trails or hills. Don't measure the distance and leave the watch at home. Then test yourself in a race to record official time improvements.

I think its a physical thing. You cant expect much difference in times just a couple of days apart. I reckon it takes a few weeks to notice any time improvements and that only with a significantly different/ harder / smarter training plan.

So relax and don't be a slave to the watch. Run on trails or hills. Don't measure the distance and leave the watch at home. Then test yourself in a race to record official time improvements.

Don't think I made myself clear. Agree with what you're saying re time improvements but I was surprised that my pace today was only 1 second off my run on Weds. I really wasn't feeling it this morning and it felt a bit of a struggle to get the distance in (cut the run short by 1km). Weds felt like I could run forever and there was more in the tank. Just slightly puzzling. Like you say, maybe I should just go out and run every now and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.