Running thread

Trying to maintain my run every day but crippling with anxiety over this - best i can do is a very slow 15 mins and no effort to do anymore.

So, no Parkruns anymore, no organised runs, no 10ks, half marathons or marathons. But at least we're allowed to go out and do our regular keep fit running.

I was due to do the Cheshire 10k today, starting and finishing at Arley Hall. This is the second cancellation of the event, and the organisers offered a virtual 10k instead. So I completed my virtual 10k on Thursday in 56:55, which was ok for me. I ran another 5k yesterday, and am about to go out on another run this morning. I'll check in again later to report if I did 5k or 10k. It looks like good running weather in Lymm today.

Edit. Did 10k. It's a bit breezy, but really enjoyable. Most of my run is on the Trans Pennine Trail, with some beside the Bridgewater Canal, and some on country lanes.

Bump into anyone?

Make the most of it mate. Here in Spain, we've not been allowed out since last weekend. Runners and cyclists have been fined. We can get to the supermarket and back so I've been putting my runners on and taking the long route! Really missing it already.

Yeah, needs must and all that - of course - but if it goes to that in the UK, it will be a genuine shock to the (running) system.

Started my couch to 5k last week. Run no.3 today and boy does it a show how out of condition I am. Put me on a bike and I'll cycle 25 miles, but I genuinely struggled to jog for 60 secs, trying to lift my feet up and make it look more like a run than a shuffle. I'm convinced you use different muscle groups when cycling, that's my excuse.
Anyway we all have to start somewhere. And being at least a stone maybe 20lb overweight can't help.

Started my couch to 5k last week. Run no.3 today and boy does it a show how out of condition I am. Put me on a bike and I'll cycle 25 miles, but I genuinely struggled to jog for 60 secs, trying to lift my feet up and make it look more like a run than a shuffle. I'm convinced you use different muscle groups when cycling, that's my excuse.
Anyway we all have to start somewhere. And being at least a stone maybe 20lb overweight can't help.
Well done, and stick with it mate. My personal fitness journey started two years ago, when I was almost 17 stone. I was down to 14 stone within 6 months thanks to exercise and improved diet. I've since lost another stone, and the jogging definitely helps me to keep in shape.

Cycling and running definitely use different muscle groups. Keep going with both.

Trying to maintain my run every day but crippling with anxiety over this - best i can do is a very slow 15 mins and no effort to do anymore.
Try running up some steep hills if you can so you have to work harder without thinking about too much effort. Or try the trail running, boggy or swampy fields. It will be harder and slower but more fun and you will automatically need more effort.

I normally run more in winter and change to cycling in summer. Today I did a 25 mile cycle. It was hard work in the head wind, but fantastic downhill with a tail wind. I was buzzing and forgot the cv19 shit for a couple of hours.

Well done, and stick with it mate. My personal fitness journey started two years ago, when I was almost 17 stone. I was down to 14 stone within 6 months thanks to exercise and improved diet. I've since lost another stone, and the jogging definitely helps me to keep in shape.

Cycling and running definitely use different muscle groups. Keep going with both.
Cheers Pal, you've had a remarkable turnaround in such short time. High fives man

So, no Parkruns anymore, no organised runs, no 10ks, half marathons or marathons. But at least we're allowed to go out and do our regular keep fit running.

I was due to do the Cheshire 10k today, starting and finishing at Arley Hall. This is the second cancellation of the event, and the organisers offered a virtual 10k instead. So I completed my virtual 10k on Thursday in 56:55, which was ok for me. I ran another 5k yesterday, and am about to go out on another run this morning. I'll check in again later to report if I did 5k or 10k. It looks like good running weather in Lymm today.

Edit. Did 10k. It's a bit breezy, but really enjoyable. Most of my run is on the Trans Pennine Trail, with some beside the Bridgewater Canal, and some on country lanes.

virtual? How

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.