Running thread

Tour of tameside complete, lots of hills, loads of fun, came 30th overall on the four races and 8th in my age group, delighted with that as there were a lot of "proper runners" on the tour.
Only problem now is I have 97.6km in for the week, hard to leave it at that and not go for the 100k.View attachment 22445

well done Gaz

did a 2 mile run

then played 5-a side. First time played football for ages and … I’ve pulled a hamstring. I’m sure of it.

I’ve never pulled a muscle in my life! Just couldn’t run on it and pain is there bad. Taken ibrofuen and got ice on it.

worried for my daily runs. Simply can’t stop with 53 days to go - will hobble some 15 min runs in. Hoping it will magically get better over night.

did a 2 mile run

then played 5-a side. First time played football for ages and … I’ve pulled a hamstring. I’m sure of it.

I’ve never pulled a muscle in my life! Just couldn’t run on it and pain is there bad. Taken ibrofuen and got ice on it.

worried for my daily runs. Simply can’t stop with 53 days to go - will hobble some 15 min runs in. Hoping it will magically get better over night.
Shit!! That doesn't sound good mate, hopefully a rest and the ice will work, 53 days to the 1000 is some achievement. Can you strap it up?

did a 2 mile run

If you've strained it slightly you'll still be fine to jog on it still. Obviously don't run or accelerate quickly, but if you jog at a low pace on a relatively flat route, with no tight corners you'll be fine, it'll probably feel stiff ache a bit.

If it's more than a mild strain I wouldn't risk running on it personally. You'll do more harm than good. The old RICE for now

Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate

If it's swollen in the morning and after you've been up and about for a few minutes you're still limping, you're not going to be running on it anytime soon. Fingers crossed for you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.