Running thread

I'm struggling with long runs. I think I'm running as slowly as I can but my HR is in zone 4 for the majority of it. 5 miles this morning in just under an hour. only been running a few weeks but can't run just above walking pace as it feels unnatural.

Manchester half marathon on Sunday, just want to get on with it now. Carb loading has started, lol.
Good luck. Did it two years ago just after the bombing. Loved it. Done it in 1.35 but fuck me did I pay for it. You can do all the miles you want on on treadmill but nothing prepares you for road running if you don't get out of the gym. I paid the price. I couldn't even drive back to London the next day. Great course though, pretty much as flat as you could hope for though there's a seemingly invisible incline towards O*d T*af*o*d. Bottleneck at the etihad was a bit of a **** though. Great post run session in revolucion de Cuba or something afterwards. A city fan was our host for the weekend introducing us to many of you lot along the way. I'd recommend Manchester in a heartbeat if you're choosing a run. I've done Brighton, Edinburgh etc but nothing comes close to Manchester

Anyway, as you were. I'm even going to wish bluehammer a good run. I must be in a good mood...

Gentle reminder to those who haven’t had a heart screening prior or since starting their running mojo. I turned 26 on Wednesday run 15-20 miles a week, cycle, swim, gym, climb intermittently and I collapsed on a club run thursday. Electrical impulse fault with my heart so a few months of testing to check there’s nothing underlying that’s causing it, otherwise can be rectified.

A bit scary, get a check up if you haven’t yet.

Gentle reminder to those who haven’t had a heart screening prior or since starting their running mojo. I turned 26 on Wednesday run 15-20 miles a week, cycle, swim, gym, climb intermittently and I collapsed on a club run thursday. Electrical impulse fault with my heart so a few months of testing to check there’s nothing underlying that’s causing it, otherwise can be rectified.

Fuck i hope all is well with you mate and they can sort you asap.

Keep well fella.

Fuck i hope all is well with you mate and they can sort you asap.

Keep well fella.

Cheers mate. Home now and a little fragile. It’s hard not to overthink every little twinge or sensation at the moment!

I can continue to exercise once my body feels rested, but in moderation for the time being in distance and intensity. I think I’ll have a bit of a psychological barrier to overcome if I’m honest soon!

Stay safe everyone.

Take care pal. I know of quite a few super fit fell runners who have had heart problems.

Did you have a murmur? An arrhythmia?

Manchester Half done!

Fuck the idea of ever doing a full, lol, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, the last 6k felt like an eternity, was fine up to 15k but then really had to grind out the rest of it.

2:11:59 so very happy with that considering before today I had never ran over 10k in my life.

Last edited:
Well done mate.

Manchester Half done!

Fuck the idea of ever doing a full, lol, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, the last 6k felt like an eternity, was fine up to 15k but then really had to grind out the rest of it.

2:11:59 so very happy with that considering before today I had never ran over 10k in my life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.