Running thread

Quick update. I must have done something right this morning as I finished first in my age group! Not bad for an FOC who's been running for around four months.
Nice work mate!

Well I am injured. Went out on Friday morning for a short 'bonus' run. After 2.5 miles, the back of my upper left leg just started hurting for no apparent reason. I'm pretty certain that it's hamstring tendonitis.

Perhaps I hadn't warmed up adequately (it was cold and I was wearing shorts) or, more likely, had overdone it (I had upped my mileage quite a bit over the week). Perhaps both of these were contributing factors.

Anyway, it is thankfully improving day by day but I will nonetheless play it safe and have a few days off all exercise to ensure it is 100% before carrying in.

I just wanted to vent because it's very frustrating!

A quick shout out to those hardy souls braving sub zero temperatures this morning for a Parkrun. As a relative newbie, it'll be a first for me running in temperatures as low as this. It got me thinking, what do the more experienced runners on this forum wear to keep warm? This morning, I've decided to wear a compression top with a thin layer over the top but forgo my shiny new running tights (a decision I may live to regret). Otherwise, hat and gloves.
I'll await the pile-on telling me what a wuss I am!
At the pace I run, I don't generate heat to quickly, so a compression top, long sleeve top above it, heated gloves, long running pants, and this keeps me reasonably warm.

Nice work mate!

Well I am injured. Went out on Friday morning for a short 'bonus' run. After 2.5 miles, the back of my upper left leg just started hurting for no apparent reason. I'm pretty certain that it's hamstring tendonitis.

Perhaps I hadn't warmed up adequately (it was cold and I was wearing shorts) or, more likely, had overdone it (I had upped my mileage quite a bit over the week). Perhaps both of these were contributing factors.

Anyway, it is thankfully improving day by day but I will nonetheless play it safe and have a few days off all exercise to ensure it is 100% before carrying in.

I just wanted to vent because it's very frustrating!

Really is mate and I wish you a speedy return. I think like me you had stopped running through injury for awhile and then when you do get back you pick all sorts of little niggles.

Next year Im aiming for a busy running schedule, rather than fast times as last year taught me running regularly is much more important than chipping away at PBs and potentially getting injured. Also Im going to have to do more strength work, I think to keep injury free its a necessary evil.

Wilmslow Festive 10k completed this morning.

Chip time 44:36…. Absolutely smashed my PB (previous was 46:55). Smashed my season best 5k (21:50 - nearly 1 minute quicker than my previous best this in 3 years).

Super chuffed with myself. Thank you whoever posted about 80/20 running in here :’)
Fantastic mate

Wilmslow Festive 10k completed this morning.

Chip time 44:36…. Absolutely smashed my PB (previous was 46:55). Smashed my season best 5k (21:50 - nearly 1 minute quicker than my previous best this in 3 years).

Super chuffed with myself. Thank you whoever posted about 80/20 running in here :’)

Superb mate well done. Ive posted about 80/20 along with a few others. Definitely an effective way of training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.