Running thread

I’ve been running since my mid 50s. Now nearly 61. I’ve had niggles with my ankles for about 3 years and have insoles. 10 weeks ago I broke my ankle doing absolutely nothing. Stress fracture. Saw a physio who said to take it easy, build up running slowly. And stop if it hurts. Which I’ve done. Just done the early weeks of Couch 25K.
Went out running this morning and have broken it again.Same place. Had only ran for 10 mins. So frustrated. Is it time to hang up my running shoes, or is there hope?

I’ve been running since my mid 50s. Now nearly 61. I’ve had niggles with my ankles for about 3 years and have insoles. 10 weeks ago I broke my ankle doing absolutely nothing. Stress fracture. Saw a physio who said to take it easy, build up running slowly. And stop if it hurts. Which I’ve done. Just done the early weeks of Couch 25K.
Went out running this morning and have broken it again.Same place. Had only ran for 10 mins. So frustrated. Is it time to hang up my running shoes, or is there hope?
Maybe try cycling mate. Less strain on the ankles. Shame about the fracture though. I'm 62 and I'll be devastated when I have to stop running.

Swimming is a great option too if you can swim. It's low impact and exercises every muscle in your body. I find the further I swim, the easier it gets.

Argh that's shite that mate, I wouldn't totally give up if you don't want to, maybe when it heals look into supplement advice, strengthen the bones, or maybe some ankle support while you are running?
Life's a fucker for kicking you in the balls, but if you are determined to keep running then there must be some way round it.
Hope the recovery goes well

I started at 51 having only previously run at school.
I started running last year at the ripe old age of 61 with no experience whatsoever! I've never looked back (so to speak). Ran the Eden Project Parkrun last Saturday finishing 59th out of 429, smashing my PB with 22:20 and coming first in my age category. I also have a number of fell races coming up having completed the 20 mile Hope Valley Round in March. I wouldn't have thought it possible even six months ago. Just goes to show it's never too late!

Afternoon all,

I've got back into my running this year after some time off, and recently done the manc 10k. I've just used some of my old running shoes and get the usual aches, so I'm gonna invest in some new ones.
Last time I had the gait analysis was probably about 15 years ago, I'm not even sure where. What I wanted to ask was where do people recommend to have this done again, as obviously I want to be sure I'm getting the correct trainers for my running style.
Thanks.

Afternoon all,

I've got back into my running this year after some time off, and recently done the manc 10k. I've just used some of my old running shoes and get the usual aches, so I'm gonna invest in some new ones.
Last time I had the gait analysis was probably about 15 years ago, I'm not even sure where. What I wanted to ask was where do people recommend to have this done again, as obviously I want to be sure I'm getting the correct trainers for my running style.
Thanks.

Up and Running do gait analysis. They have plenty of branches. Where do you live / work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.