Running thread

I stayed over in Castlefield last night, and was awoken, as I always am when I'm here on a Wednesday morning, by a loud running group at 05:00.
It seems they are some sort of "military fitness" type group led by a shouty bloke and loads of screechy women. Why they have to carry out their activities in a residential area in the early hours is a mystery, but I resent being woken up to shouts of "you got this", "ooh look at you" and excessively loud clapping.
If I'm awoken by them again, I'll be reporting them to the Police for anti social activity in the same way I'd do so by drunks making excessive noise in the night.
Anyway, because of my disturbed sleep, my run this morning was a tad half hearted and lackluster!

I stayed over in Castlefield last night, and was awoken, as I always am when I'm here on a Wednesday morning, by a loud running group at 05:00.
It seems they are some sort of "military fitness" type group led by a shouty bloke and loads of screechy women. Why they have to carry out their activities in a residential area in the early hours is a mystery, but I resent being woken up to shouts of "you got this", "ooh look at you" and excessively loud clapping.
If I'm awoken by them again, I'll be reporting them to the Police for anti social activity in the same way I'd do so by drunks making excessive noise in the night.
Anyway, because of my disturbed sleep, my run this morning was a tad half hearted and lackluster!

you should of got up earlier and joined them!

Got my run streak up to 300 days today, its a great motivator, there's been quite a few days where I have really not been in the mood for it, but the thought of going back to zero gets my lazy arse out of the door

awesome mate, I know all to well the logistics and how tough it can be at times but you're right, its a motivator.

Got my run streak up to 300 days today, its a great motivator, there's been quite a few days where I have really not been in the mood for it, but the thought of going back to zero gets my lazy arse out of the door
Great effort mate

thats either Run MCR or the Made Running group

I hope I'm ok posting this in here...

On the 6th of July, I'm running 25km as part of the Peak District Challenge in memory of my baby boy, Teo. Teo was born with a congenital heart defect in May last year but passed away during heart surgery the day after he was born. It's been a such a difficult year. Running has kept me sane at times and we've had so much support from a charity called Tiny Tickers. I've been wanting to do something in Teo's name for some time and booked flights back to England at the start of July. By chance, my brother and brother-in-law had signed up to walk 75km as part of this challenge the first weekend we're back so I've decided to join them and raise money for such a really good cause.

We set up a Justgiving page today (link below) and have had an overwhelming response already. I just wanted to share it with my fellow runners here on Bluemoon, not only for any donations you would like to give but also for the support. I'm going to need to find my hill legs because Valencia's so flat and I've only given myself a month to train!

Thanks from Teo's Team - Justgiving (I'm Matt for those that don't follow me on Strava)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.