Running thread

Been following this thread for a while. Lots of great tips from runners of all ages and levels.

I started running before last summer and struggled to run 5k in under 30 minutes. I've got that down to 22:41, 10k at 48:05 and ran the Valencia half in October at 1:47:40.

I've signed up for both the half marathon and the marathon this year so it's given me a target after a slow first half of the year where I've been running on and off.

I've been using my phone whilst running but it's a bit of pain having a brick strapped to my arm and, during a race last week, I somehow managed to chuck it down the street and smash the screen. So I'm on the lookout for a decent(ish) running watch. Any recommendations?

Ideally, I'd like one with music and that's where I'm struggling. I don't really want a smartwatch with thousands of apps but just something with GPS and spotify. Anything under £250 if any of you guys are using one that you're happy with. I've been looking at a selection of Garmin watches but could go for a Samsung one to use with my phone.

Any recommendations/reviews would be appreciated. Cheers.

Been following this thread for a while. Lots of great tips from runners of all ages and levels.

I started running before last summer and struggled to run 5k in under 30 minutes. I've got that down to 22:41, 10k at 48:05 and ran the Valencia half in October at 1:47:40.

I've signed up for both the half marathon and the marathon this year so it's given me a target after a slow first half of the year where I've been running on and off.

I've been using my phone whilst running but it's a bit of pain having a brick strapped to my arm and, during a race last week, I somehow managed to chuck it down the street and smash the screen. So I'm on the lookout for a decent(ish) running watch. Any recommendations?

Ideally, I'd like one with music and that's where I'm struggling. I don't really want a smartwatch with thousands of apps but just something with GPS and spotify. Anything under £250 if any of you guys are using one that you're happy with. I've been looking at a selection of Garmin watches but could go for a Samsung one to use with my phone.

Any recommendations/reviews would be appreciated. Cheers.

I use the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, which I'm sure you will have read up about, and has Spotify. It was rated recently as 100% accurate in recording the distance of a marathon. I think it is a fantastic watch, but sightly above your price range.

Pros: Spotify works well, accurate tracking, good range of activities to record, simple to use and easy to understand interface.

Cons: Sleeves interfere with controls, which is annoying when running in rain with a jacket, can be slow to pick up GPS signal.

I'm on way back to Manchester after a few days in Dublin, for the Elton John concert. I ran 8k last night from the Halfpenny Bridge, to the docks and back, on the north bank of the River Liffey. It was a delightful run. The Irish people we've met have been delightful. There is also a large Brazilian community here, which pleased the wife, as she was brought up in Brazil, and doesn't meet many Brazilians at home in Cheshire.

On the savannah this morning a lion woke and thought " today I must be quicker than the slowest antelope.."
On the same Savannah a antelope woke and thought " I must be quicker than the fastest lion....."

Which will you be......?

#be your lion or antelope.

RUN MY FRIEND
The antelope is wrong. He only needs to be faster than the slowest antelope too. Brooklandsblue is already faster than the slowest human. So not exactly motivating is it? In fact, it's the opposite......

I use the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, which I'm sure you will have read up about, and has Spotify. It was rated recently as 100% accurate in recording the distance of a marathon. I think it is a fantastic watch, but sightly above your price range.

Pros: Spotify works well, accurate tracking, good range of activities to record, simple to use and easy to understand interface.

Cons: Sleeves interfere with controls, which is annoying when running in rain with a jacket, can be slow to pick up GPS signal.

I'm on way back to Manchester after a few days in Dublin, for the Elton John concert. I ran 8k last night from the Halfpenny Bridge, to the docks and back, on the north bank of the River Liffey. It was a delightful run. The Irish people we've met have been delightful. There is also a large Brazilian community here, which pleased the wife, as she was brought up in Brazil, and doesn't meet many Brazilians at home in Cheshire.

Thanks, Paladin! I'm leaning towards that one due to there not being too many other music options unless I go full smartphone. Good to hear the accuracy reviews as well. What running app are you using with it?

It's £210 on Amazon at the minute so within my price range (). Don't need to worry too much about my sleeves because it doesn't rain a lot here in Valencia!

Thanks again mate!

Thanks, Paladin! I'm leaning towards that one due to there not being too many other music options unless I go full smartphone. Good to hear the accuracy reviews as well. What running app are you using with it?

It's £210 on Amazon at the minute so within my price range (). Don't need to worry too much about my sleeves because it doesn't rain a lot here in Valencia!

Thanks again mate!

It comes with its own app, which is good enough for me. I think it links with Strava, but not too sure.

Yeah, all Garmin watches sync with Strava.

Just got back from 17 slow miles which absolutely killed me. I feel like I've raced a marathon, and then some. Definitely lost fitness by doing too many marathons / halves in the last few weeks without allowing adequate recovery time. I'm now deliberating whether or not to bother with the next marathon which is in 5 weeks...

The antelope is wrong. He only needs to be faster than the slowest antelope too. Brooklandsblue is already faster than the slowest human. So not exactly motivating is it? In fact, it's the opposite......
Not really mate......never depend on others.
If your faster than the quickest lion your Always safe.....

One suggests instead of being picky one gets of his unmotivated , Lardy arse and go run !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.