Russian invasion of Ukraine

He likes pointing his finger at little old UK.
Puts his nukes on alert after Truss bad mouthed him.
Now sanctions are tantamount to a war declaration.
Must be some methodology to singling us out.
Point his little finger all he wants, but I bet he would love an army, although much smaller, as brave and as well organised as ours.

Surely though there are legitimate concerns about Russian influence in our political system, particularly within the Conservative party and the current Prime Minister?

Totally agree but I’m of the opinion we have a myriad of threads in which to discuss them rather than this one.

Brexit, party donations, political influence are worthy topics in the political forum but this thread should be free of the usual circular arguments.

Surely though there are legitimate concerns about Russian influence in our political system, particularly within the Conservative party and the current Prime Minister?
I think there's very much two angles with this.

Yes, absolutely we should look at Russian influence in our politics, and root out every bad apple. Left and right.

But then there has been many examples of those who have used this purely as a point scoring exercise. I'm a fucking lefty, I can't stand the conservatives, and I'm against a lot of what capitalism is. However there's been a lot that have blamed everything on the west & western values, just like those on the right that have blamed everything on us becoming too liberal as a society, & allowing Putin the chance to grow. As opposed to the true cause of this, which is one fucking **** that wants to fulfil his "destiny" by any means necessary, no matter the cost.

I repeat, their own minister for the economy and climate said they could, including using stocks and buying gas and coal from other sources. Just that it would cost more. So what price the devastation and destruction of Ukraine?
I understand you're fuming, but our old philosophy "Wandel durch Handel" (=change by trade) towards Russia has been blown up by that war criminal within the last weeks and we can't change that quick. (We have sold our values in greed, like most other nations sadly do).
Buying at spot market prizes would be mad, and sanctions woul hit us more than Russia.
But our policy is in full swing. 1 month back most of these changes were unimaginable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.