Russian invasion of Ukraine

Whatever lunacy Putin, Lavrov and Medvedev are spouting for public consumption, they will have been warned of the consequences by diplomatic back-channels. In fact this was in the news this morning.
They will know that at the very least, their military will be no more if they use nukes.
Best case, there country will be an economic disaster - as sanctions will never be lifted. Worst case the whole world is gone as I can't see China, North Korea or Iran being left out of any western retaliation. Indeed these countries will be informed of this if Biden has any sense.

Those poll results are ridiculous. Why didn’t they say 72% voted in favour or something! As if 97% are going to vote one way! I don’t like the rhetoric at the moment. The world is certainly an uncertain place currently.

Those poll results are ridiculous. Why didn’t they say 72% voted in favour or something! As if 97% are going to vote one way!
They are, if the majority don't vote, and those that do are forced to vote. I bet you don't see "turn out" results like we get, I bet "turn out" is under 20%, the rest hiding or worried about being sent to the front line.

This is how russia works, you either vote "yes", or you hide from the cunts making you vote "yes", and its how putin has the power he has sadly, like in most dictatorships, the winner is predetermined.

They are, if the majority don't vote, and those that do are forced to vote. I bet you don't see "turn out" results like we get, I bet "turn out" is under 20%, the rest hiding or worried about being sent to the front line.

This is how russia works, you either vote "yes", or you hide from the cunts making you vote "yes", and its how putin has the power he has sadly, like in most dictatorships, the winner is predetermined.
Turn out was 10p/c of the 20p/c that were left behind.

Nah it's yup yup in that scenario, you shoot I shoot we all shoot we're all dead.
Not read or watched the news since the invasion began as I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I’m a normal bloke but this has destroyed my everyday life in 2022 when I’ve also lost my Dad. Are things beyond redemption and no hope?

Not read or watched the news since the invasion began as I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I’m a normal bloke but this has destroyed my everyday life in 2022 when I’ve also lost my Dad. Are things beyond redemption and no hope?
That's the theory but in reality, I wouldn't let that fear be overwhelming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.