Russian invasion of Ukraine

We still have the very real risk of this escalating into a NATO conflict where our tanks will be required by our army. If that cupboard was bare lots of careers would be over.
As I said we only have a problem if Russia wins in Ukraine.
But we have problems with our Armour that need to be resolved fairly pronto.
- The warriors are scrap.
- Ajax replacement miles away. I'd scap it and buy off the self. Bradleys from Us or New K808 from Korea.
- Challenger 2 tank issues.
200+ need to be recommissioned to backfil stuff sent to Ukraine.
Challenger 3 programme acceleration needed.

The reality is the "Peace" dividend never actually existed. Walk quietly and carry a big stick should always have been the way to go.

Little if any imo. Perhaps we should just give the Ukranians a sub then. And let them press the buttons to release tomahawk missiles on the RA in Ukraine. Presumably you are OK with that?

We are giving them everything else apart from planes and those sort of missiles? What difference would it make?
Where would this "sub" be based exactly ?

Wait a bit, he's not even appointed. And you don't know how russia's brutal war has changed his mindset towards russia, whatever it has been once (I have no idea).

He's a law and order type, verbally more aggressive than Scholz.
Certainly much better than Mrs Lamprecht, I feel.
Let's wait for his first statements.
You sure he's not been appointed,everything I've seen today says he has.

Slava Ukraini.

because planes subs and cruise missiles are offensive weapons whereas, to date, pretty much everything provided has been focussed on defence. Also the complexities of the weapons you quote in terms of training, ammunition, maintenance etc have been discussed many times on here, but you know all that don't you.

You're moving away from your original post too, which was the engagement of British soldiers against the Orcs
Depends how and where they are used surely? All I've ever advocated was upping the ante on the Russians occupying Ukraine territory. Its happening already albeit more gradually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.