Russian invasion of Ukraine

Where would this "sub" be based exactly ?
Hypothetical situation clearly. You like trying to take things out of context don't you.

The point is a sub is no different in what it is designed to do than a tank or a MLRS is it? Inflicting damage on an enemy. Just the weapons are different. Given time you could train Ukrainians to operate any western weapon.

There is a massive difference between supplying arms, which is actually a business, and firing those arms at the Russians wherever they are. The latter is an act of war, the former is not.

I agree with you about travel restrictions though
Is it an act of war? I'm not so sure when you limit the engagement to an occupying enemy. But I'm not an international expert in these matters.

Think it was last week I posted.
I'm convinced that when the Ramstein meeting starts there will be a missile strike,in Ukraine.
Could be wrong.

Slava Ukraini.
Is it just me who immediately thinks of a German death metal band everytime this is mentioned?

Hypothetical situation clearly. You like trying to take things out of context don't you.
Not really, I like to think practically about the implications of what is suggested. You can't fire Tomohawks from a sub unless the sub was being crewed by Ukrainians, and in Ukraine territorial waters. As there is no access to those waters for a sub, then this clearly can't happen, and no european government is going to allow Tomohawks fly through their aispace right now.

Least shocking revelation of 2022!! how the hell does JFK get assassinated but this fat pile of shit who is visible from space is still with us? Trump is a real threat to democracy, Ukraine and global security.

Purge the commies and nationalists from society as well as the religious zealots of all persuasions is my NY wish.
The real threat is coming from the GOP, which has gone full Maga in the house of reps. Threatening to disrupt budget ceiling.
One election denier in Albakirque (sp) has been shooting up the homes of democrats.
Amongst all his lies, it now emerges that George Santos is not his real name! He has connections to Russia and cannot explain his sudden wealth.
Things will get worse, if unchecked. Get Trump indicted asap.

As I said we only have a problem if Russia wins in Ukraine.
But we have problems with our Armour that need to be resolved fairly pronto.
- The warriors are scrap.
- Ajax replacement miles away. I'd scap it and buy off the self. Bradleys from Us or New K808 from Korea.
- Challenger 2 tank issues.
200+ need to be recommissioned to backfil stuff sent to Ukraine.
Challenger 3 programme acceleration needed.

The reality is the "Peace" dividend never actually existed. Walk quietly and carry a big stick should always have been the way to go.

You’re right but that’s never really been British foreign policy. We’ve not aimed to be the biggest, but to hold enough sway to influence. Prior to WW1 that was to hold the balance of power to keep France and Germany from squabbling with each other. Our standing army at start of WW1 was very small, we expected Germany to back down once we sided with the French.

Our big stick is our nuclear deterrent and NATO. None of that helps Ukraine and we absolutely need to do all we can (and I’m sure we can do more).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.