Russian invasion of Ukraine

They have struggled for water in Crimea since 2014,when Ukraine stopped the supply after the Russians annexed Crimea.
Russians been transporting water across the Kerch bridge.

Slava Ukraini.
That’s pretty unsustainable in a war zone, with it being (hopefully soon) the only connection to Russia.

As ever it will be the innocents suffering from the consequences of living under the jackboot of a fascist invader

That was the point I was trying to make. I was trying to draw attention to the fact that there are certain Nazi elements in the Ukrainian army. Read through my previous posts. I never took a pro Russian stance. All I'm saying is these handful of Nazis could turn out to become a serious problem if not handled on time. Time and again history has repeated itself and the indoctrination of a people isn't exactly as difficult as we would like to think it is.
You seem to have a short term memory problem. So let me remind you what you said.

You said there were lots of Nazis in the Ukraine army and then you said Nazis made up large parts of their Army.

Despite myself and others posting evidence that Nazis comprised a very small part.

Do you still stand by your statements and if so why?

You seem to have a short term memory problem. So let me remind you what you said.

You said there were lots of Nazis in the Ukraine army and then you said Nazis made up large parts of their Army.

Despite myself and others posting evidence that Nazis comprised a very small part.

Do you still stand by your statements and if so why?
I don't think anyone has the actual census numbers or head count to know the actual numbers of Nazis in the Ukrainian army, I do however think it's a situation that could snowball into a massive problem if not controlled as soon as possible. But I'll always be on the side of the oppressed rather than the oppressors, so the people of Ukraine have my full support.

Difference is the UK acknowledge the fact that these mad nutters are present in the society and they keep a tight leash on them. Most Ukrainians would rather just say that the talk of Nazis in the Ukrainian army is nothing but Russian propaganda and that is far from the truth.

There was definitely a problem of corruption in Ukrainian state power prior to the war and, yes, where the state didn’t serve the people all sorts of outcomes are possible - Russia is a prime example of the relationship between cronyism and power. The general pollution of Ukraine however seemed to favour western style democracy inside the EU.

We won’t know until after the war but I’d be surprised if Ukraine political society ever goes back to before the war - and I think Zelensky has had a bit of a purge in that regard. They’ve learnt who their friends are, and who their friend aren’t. The same could be said for Russia immediately after WW2 I suppose but I don’t see any parallels between between Stalin (who was already a bit of a ****) and Zelensky.

There was definitely a problem of corruption in Ukrainian state power prior to the war and, yes, where the state didn’t serve the people all sorts of outcomes are possible - Russia is a prime example of the relationship between cronyism and power. The general pollution of Ukraine however seemed to favour western style democracy inside the EU.

We won’t know until after the war but I’d be surprised if Ukraine political society ever goes back to before the war - and I think Zelensky has had a bit of a purge in that regard. They’ve learnt who their friends are, and who their friend aren’t. The same could be said for Russia immediately after WW2 I suppose but I don’t see any parallels between between Stalin (who was already a bit of a ****) and Zelensky.
My point exactly, what happens when the people start thinking of a few of those neo Nazis as their saviours? Then the idolization and indoctrination begins. Happened in Japan with the Yakuza post WW2. The Japanese government had to use a tight fist to destroy them but even then some would argue that the Yakuza still pull the strings, same with the Taliban and the afghans. Make no mistake, I'll never side with the Russians, all I'm saying is that the Ukrainians need to have some kind of post war plan to eradicate the Nazis from their armed forces.

I don't think anyone has the actual census numbers or head count to know the actual numbers of Nazis in the Ukrainian army, I do however think it's a situation that could snowball into a massive problem if not controlled as soon as possible. But I'll always be on the side of the oppressed rather than the oppressors, so the people of Ukraine have my full support.

OK this is where we shall have to agree to dissagree.

You evidently stand by your statements and because of that you come across to me as some kind of weird Putin apologist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.