Russian invasion of Ukraine

@Scottyboi - Spot on.
Not just the equipment numbers being blown away, it's the medium term decline in available Russian front line kit due to the volume of stuff being blown away.
For example Russia manufactures 100 field artilary guns a month - sounds good till you realise that they have been losing between 180 and 240 a week for 3 months now! (36 yesterday)

Last edited:
The Russians aim to produce 250 field guns a week by Spring next year.
Where do they get the other 3 weeks of field gun production from to maintain front line capability from?
Same applies to all the other shit as well.

From "The Analyst":

Frontline Update

Northern operations show some very minor gains for Russian forces on a line about 4km long and 100m wide south of Yahidne. Multiple attacks are regularly rebuffed further north but the Russians keep trying and dying. Measures are saying Thursdays casualties exceeded 1,300 KIA on the Russian side alone.
In the Dubovo area of Bakhmut Russia has made some minor gains. Elements of the VDV seem
to be operating in the area although quite what level the VDV are at these days is debatable.
More battles north of Klieshievka - the Russians are trying to regain the heights they originally lost - but are a long way from doing so.
East of the village of Andrivka, there have been small but useful gains for Ukraine. Reports suggest that Russia is being clumsy and wasteful in its use of men and materials for no real gains.
Russia claims it resisted a Ukrainian attack at Horlivka, north of the Avdivka salient - which is usually very quiet. Russia has occupied it since 2014.
At the northern pincer the Russians have made gains into the small village of Stepove. More Russian gains have occurred near the coking plant - the whole area is deeply concerning as the Russians just don’t stop pushing. They seem to have taken the wastewater treatment plant. In the centre south the Russians have taken as much as 60% of the industrial zone.
The Russian northern pincer is slowly turning into something of a salient and they keep widening it to the north as much as to the city. Yesterday they pushed further up the railway line. However the Ukrainians say they have not yet reached the coking plant despite claims they have.
In the south there has been fighting west of Robotyne but little seems to have come of it.
Kherson seems to show that Ukraine has expanded its footprint around Krynky and spread east and west towards the nearest villages. Russia tried to force the Ukrainians out again but don’t seem to have succeeded.
There has been more public comment in Russia over Kherson - the governor basically saying the Ukrainians were hopelessly positioned and would fail. But then he would say that wouldn’t he?
Overall Ukraine has some serious challenges to overcome and Russia seems to be callously cutting itself to shreds trying to get somewhere.
They believe their losses are worth the cost (at least the regime does). Russians themselves seem oblivious. They have learned to ignore the war because they know they can’t criticise it or they risk prison. Sooner or later that bottling up of domestic emotion can’t be sustained. For now ignorance is bliss. It can’t last, it never does. Reality has a way of breaking in when you least expect it.

Slava Ukraini !

If any of you say that Ukraine is losing,then I would very very strongly suggest otherwise.
Have a look at the numbers of artillery,MLRS,trucks and especially AD systems that are counted on an almost daily basis.
Not the Russian men dieing.
AFU are planning this.
They are attriting Russia so hard,they(Russia) don't know what to do next.
Apart from the 'usual' meat grinder of course.
Be better,read the signposts.
As we approach winter,the AFU are better positioned in defence,than the Orcs in attack.
It's not about land grab,it's about bleeding Ivan white for the next few months.
Territory doesn't matter.
Survival of our Army does.
The lives of our soldiers in the line.
Not the next tree line,or house.
If we can 'pin' the Russians to their current positions,with minor losses to us,then we can support the new front across Kherson.
This is going to be huge.
There's so many divisions in support and ready to go,it's unbelievable.
Any of you seen an Abrams or Challenger recently?
Or a KA52?
Anything?
Me neither.
Stay the course.
Tell whoever it is you need to tell.
It's down to you and me to keep supporting our boys on the front.

Slava Ukraini
The Analyst

I very much hope this is right, but I've no way to judge. I was surprised Russia was able to muster the forces for the Avdiivka assault, given the extent of attrition.

I very much hope this is right, but I've no way to judge. I was surprised Russia was able to muster the forces for the Avdiivka assault, given the extent of attrition.
They have the manpower and the benefit of not giving two shits about their soldiers dying, plus they can spam these lancets and shaheds.
They must be running low on skilled soldiers for arty and tanks though. So what ever equipment they use is not used effectively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.