Ryan Giggs - an evening with..... in Hertfordshire (p115)

Pretty shabby by the CPS and the police if the evidence was not water tight to bring it to the crown court
sounds to me that the jury was sold down the river with little evidence and only had his words against hers

but like most cases like this, money for top lawyers worked for giggs because the jury failed

These types of cases generally always depend on one person's word against another. The fact there was a hung jury doesn't mean the evidence was too weak for a conviction. Even when someone is found not guilty that doesn't necessarily mean the prosecution was wrong to charge. Anyway, if the evidence was too weak to bring the case the jury would have found him not guilty.

I find it odd that they couldn't reach a verdict on any of the charges. One maybe, but three?! Suggests that some members of the jury were never going to be persuaded regardless of the evidence.

Either way, we won't ever be seeing him back on our TV screens or in football again.

Last edited:
What is it that Neville posted on Twitter, that’s possibly got him in trouble?

Read various articles but none of them actually say what was deleted?
Not really following this case or anyone associated with it but I am sure if you go to one of those large reddit football conspiracy groups you would find a screenshot of ratboy's tweet.

Not really following this case or anyone associated with it but I am sure if you go to one of those large football conspiracy groups you would find a screenshot of ratboy's tweet.
Cheers — to the VAR thread, then!

I find it very strange that, of a jury of 11, it was not possible to come to a majority verdict. Your job as the jury is to ascertain whether enough evidence has been presented to find someone guilty. If not then you can't find them guilty and should clearly say so. The judge even said a majority verdict was acceptable, but that still required ten of the eleven to agree, and is designed to overcome that one stick on the mud. Clearly they didn't have that.

I think the defence team therefore probably did enough to sew seeds of doubt over her evidence and they were clearly very organized to explain away the incidents and language used. Not defending Giggs at all, just saying he had a team that did it's job well for him. But there was clearly enough there for at least some of the jury to not accept choosing not guilty too.

If there is no further evidence then a retrial is probably pointless given you're pinning everything on the hope a different set of people interpret the evidence differently, unless the judge or either side believes the jury was incapable of functioning in its role regardless.

I said at the start and I stand by it, this was politically driven. If the CPS had just charged Sect 47 and common assault he would have been convicted.
As soon as they went for Coercive control, the latest govt. load of crap I knew it would descend into mud sliding, texts, wattsapp messages, he said she said.
He was charged with that because of who he is not what he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.