Sam Allardyce: Epitome of why English football has lagged behind

Always made me laugh that he had the audacity to taunt the manager Everton really wanted (Marco Silva) when it was clear he was a panic appointment because Everton couldn't find anyone else.

I know hilarious at least Silva tries to play football.

As for Emery he should reply "show us your medals you fat c@nt"

He's simply made his money and it's time for him to move on. I can't even say his views are out of touch or that football has moved on because it isn't about that. Bielsa looks older than Sam and look at the lovely stuff he has Leeds playing. Can't stand Leeds but the football is lovely. Sam arguably does not have the intelligence or courage to begin to know how to play possession based footy.

He's simply made his money and it's time for him to move on. I can't even say his views are out of touch or that football has moved on because it isn't about that. Bielsa looks older than Sam and look at the lovely stuff he has Leeds playing. Can't stand Leeds but the football is lovely. Sam arguably does not have the intelligence or courage to begin to know how to play possession based footy.

I don't think its' anything to do with intelligence or courage. Sam has mainly been brought in to struggling clubs, to get them results and
get them out of the mire. He has delivered many times over. It's about results and results only in his situations.

Bielsa - born 21 July 1955
BFS - born 19 October 1954

So the fat dinosaur is nine months and two days older.

Always made me laugh that he had the audacity to taunt the manager Everton really wanted (Marco Silva) when it was clear he was a panic appointment because Everton couldn't find anyone else.

Not many managers can pick up a demoralised squad and turn them around - Big Sam did just that. Football fans in the main are moaning sheep so I’m sure the criticism didn’t bother him too much

Not many managers can pick up a demoralised squad and turn them around - Big Sam did just that. Football fans in the main are moaning sheep so I’m sure the criticism didn’t bother him too much

He's decent at keeping teams up, but he's not a manager any club with aspiration's of winning trophy's would entertain.

It can, but then you have to stick to it & either sink or swim by it or water it down a bit. You don't start the first game, shitting your pants & lumping it.

As if Fat Sam's method would have guaranteed Arsenal any better result Or perhaps if Emery could have just set them up exactly as Arsene Wenger did last season, that went well.

He did what he has been brought in to do, & that Fat wanker has no right to be calling it 'stupid' after one game, nor other teams who are trying it.

And there is no such thing as a team which 'can't play any other way' well there wasn't, until so many talentless ****s like Fat Sam took over teams & flooded the league with shit players, donkey football & dumbed it down to such a level that there became loads of teams, managers & players, who could 'only play that way'.

What's happening now, is that from top to bottom, most teams are trying to progress away from the utter fucking shite, that fat **** & his 100s of cliquey talentless buddies, have been murdering English football with, for decades.

And it's not just he Premier League. Some teams in the Championship are trying to evolve too.

It will fail at some clubs & work at others, short term. But sooner or later, people like Fat Sam will have to do something which requires skill, in order to succeed because the majority of teams will run fucking rings round the dinosaurs. And seeing as he can't hack it doing that, he'll have to stick to advising managers who are ten times better than him, how to do their jobs.
Agreed.

the best thing about that video sting when he was England manager was that, during the video, he was drinking a pint of wine with a curry.
Bit harsh, pint of Spritzer I think, my mate drinks them all the time (half wine half soda on the rocks), starts talking bollocks after nine pints!

I'm not sure what you said negates what I said.
He also embarrassed English football when I didn't think it could be embarrassed much more after being knocked out by Iceland, thank goodness Southgate has somewhat restored the national teams reputation

I don't think its' anything to do with intelligence or courage. Sam has mainly been brought in to struggling clubs, to get them results and
get them out of the mire. He has delivered many times over. It's about results and results only in his situations.
If delivered amounts to keeping a team in a league, he's delivered shit. In all his time in managing in this league he hasn't got near to winning shit, just like the other one Pulis. Eddie Howe, Wolves manager, even Evertons new manager they all have the intelligence and courage to play with freedom. And in Eddie's case its probably the reason why he remains in post despite difficult campaigns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.