Samir Nasri {merged}

Re: The final straw for Nasri {merged}

Didsbury Dave said:
im too busy for a full reply, billy, but for me, I'd rather not see him anywhere near the city team again. 'recycling' means nothing. He certainly can't play as a holding midfielder(he was put there late on yesterday) because he can't tackle and has the physical presence of a 10 year old. He'd get bullied off the park.

Cut our losses, get £12m off some mug club who are buying his reputation and learn a lesson.

He's been a disaster. 18 months is long enough to judge.

I don't agree, but then I don't think he gets bullied off the ball. That's not the same as shitting out of tackles which I agree he does do, but when he has possession he rarely loses it and rarely gets bullied off the ball.

But then I don't think he's been a disaster for 18 months either, nor do I think we need to sell him or cut our losses.

I agree with DD. I've seen enough to know he isn't good enough for where we want to be.

I wonder if Arsenal would accept him plus cash for Wilshere?

dancity19 said:
A pathetic first half performance, no shape, no structure, and Mancinis inability to manage the TEAM when Balotelli plays were factors. Likewise, not starting Tevez was a clear mistake.
Those I talked to at half time yesterday didn't call it pathetic, in fact everyone thought they were lucky to be in front, and thought we'd played pretty well, nobody wanted Balotelli off, all of them thought Nasri should have been replaced by Tevez. They barely touched the ball in the first 15 minutes and barely entered our half, the goal coming from almost their first attack, but fair play to them for doing that it was clearly a tactic, they were even wasting time in that first 15-20 minutes.

Is this the way he is being told to play though? Keep the ball, don't take anyone on etc?

cleavers said:
dancity19 said:
A pathetic first half performance, no shape, no structure, and Mancinis inability to manage the TEAM when Balotelli plays were factors. Likewise, not starting Tevez was a clear mistake.
Those I talked to at half time yesterday didn't call it pathetic, in fact everyone thought they were lucky to be in front, and thought we'd played pretty well, nobody wanted Balotelli off, all of them thought Nasri should have been replaced by Tevez. They barely touched the ball in the first 15 minutes and barely entered our half, the goal coming from almost their first attack, but fair play to them for doing that it was clearly a tactic, they were even wasting time in that first 15-20 minutes.

Well apart from the first 10-15 mins, the first half was very poor indeed. As soon as Kompany went off the players completely lost their heads and the team lost all shape.

I didn't say Balotelli played badly. In fact I thought he did OK, but I still think Tevez should have started, this was highlighted when he came on and changed the game. At half time I was saying the same thing, bring Tevez on for Nasri; we could easily have started like that as Tevez work rate makes up for having 3 strikers. He could easily have been an extra midfielder.

Stoned Rose said:
I agree with DD. I've seen enough to know he isn't good enough for where we want to be.

I wonder if Arsenal would accept him plus cash for Wilshere?

we should ask arson!

barcajaden said:
Juan Mata went for the same price and he is the better player. Can you imagine Silva and Mata in the same team together.
Spain?

He certainly can't play as a holding midfielder(he was put there late on yesterday) because he can't tackle and has the physical presence of a 10 year old. He'd get bullied off the park.

He was our best player bar Tevez and Yaya in last half an hour and it's harder to bully him from the ball than Dzeko, Balotelli and Lescott together. He barely ever lose the ball and that's why Mancini is playing him all the time.

Don't often make posts here, but have to agree with the general consensus - Nasri ducked out of the wall, and is too lightweight in fight-to-the-death endgames.

Didn't see Nasri shed a tear at the end - unlike Zabaleta...

Shame on you Nasri, time to refund some of your inflated pay packet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.