Samir Nasri {merged}

Re: The final straw for Nasri {merged}

BillyShears said:
However, people saying he's a shit footballer are wrong IMO. Arsenal supporters were divided in the same way for the same reasons. When Wenger played Nasri wide he flitted in and out of games. When Fabregas was injured and he played centrally, he was their best player by a country mile.
I don't think many think he's a shit footballer, clearly he isn't, but for me he is constantly a weak link. You're right he's not a winger, and shouldn't be played in that role, though I don't think Mancini is playing him in that role, as he has never really played with wingers anyway. I wish he'd play the way we are facing, instead of slowing the play, and going backwards or sideways, I've long thought that he shouldn't be playing when Silva does.

I'm not sure what people expect from Nasri. To beat 6 men and score a wonder goal every game? He's good ton the ball and rarely gives it away. He will also take people on and has, off the top of my head, quite a few assists. His work-rate has improved since last season. My main criticism of him is that he holds onto the ball a second too long before releasing it when we're in good positions. But he's carried the creative midfield duties when Silva went off the boil or was injured.

His action in the wall yesterday certainly wasn't very creditable but Tevez just wandered off leaving a him as the last man. Also, if Clichy (who i thought was poor yesterday) hadn't been such a dickhead then they would never have had that free-kick anyway.

last straw for both Nasri and Balotelli for me. Both have had numerous opportunities to take the game to the opposition but flatter to decieve. Come Jan sell both and get in the actual targets we require to improve our squad.

I now we currently sit 2nd with 6points between us and the scum. But at the end of the day this summers transfer window was a bloody disaster. We did not improve our squad (with the exception on Nastisic who is showing true potential).

Silva and Nasri together only could work if both of them help out the defence or Yaya sitting so deep he doesnt go trough the half way line.

that's why Milner is better option with Silva, less creativity but much more energy/work horse effect in the team. But it really shouldnt be hoping players would work instead of others. 10 years ago it worked (when Makelele at Real Madrid did the defending alone from midfield while Galacticos did the easy attacks never really helping out Figo, Zidane etc.) today it doesnt work against decent opponents.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
However, people saying he's a shit footballer are wrong IMO. Arsenal supporters were divided in the same way for the same reasons. When Wenger played Nasri wide he flitted in and out of games. When Fabregas was injured and he played centrally, he was their best player by a country mile.
I don't think many think he's a shit footballer, clearly he isn't, but for me he is constantly a weak link. You're right he's not a winger, and shouldn't be played in that role, though I don't think Mancini is playing him in that role, as he has never really played with wingers anyway. I wish he'd play the way we are facing, instead of slowing the play, and going backwards or sideways, I've long thought that he shouldn't be playing when Silva does.

As I say mate, for me it's not rocket science. When you have two "wide" players both of whom instinctively want to move into central areas it's going to create problems and imbalance. Silva is far more adept at playing that role (a hybrid winger/false 9 I guess). Nasri for my money, and I said this when we signed him and even before that when he was at Arsenal, is a central midfield player. Nothing more and nothing less. Play him where Yaya plays and have him do that role and he'll provide much more than he currently does.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

As I say mate, for me it's not rocket science. When you have two "wide" players both of whom instinctively want to move into central areas it's going to create problems and imbalance. Silva is far more adept at playing that role (a hybrid winger/false 9 I guess). Nasri for my money, and I said this when we signed him and even before that when he was at Arsenal, is a central midfield player. Nothing more and nothing less. Play him where Yaya plays and have him do that role and he'll provide much more than he currently does.

Problem again though is that we don't have enough players capable of playing wide so can't switch him to the middle. The imbalance in the squad is so fucking irritating.

BillyShears said:
I've no argument with you there, and its down to Mancini who keeps picking the two together, but who would you play first ? Nasri or Yaya ? I don't think there's many would pick Nasri ahead of Yaya, so it makes him a player we only need when Yaya isn't around.

Like many, I think Milner offers more options, for a player with much less ability, and a better team player (obviously wasn't an option yesterday).

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
I've no argument with you there, and its down to Mancini who keeps picking the two together, but who would you play first ? Nasri or Yaya ? I don't think there's many would pick Nasri ahead of Yaya, so it makes him a player we only need when Yaya isn't around.

Like many, I think Milner offers more options, for a player with much less ability, and a better team player (obviously wasn't an option yesterday).

So, I agree, Milner is a much better wide player than Nasri. I also agree that Nasri isn't Yaya. However, part of our wider problem is the need to squeeze two forwards into every starting line up. Because for me the best way to utilize those midfield players is to play Yaya in the advanced attacking role, with Nasri a little deeper dictating play, Silva one side, Miler providing width on the other, and one forward.

I've made my feelings clear on nasri since he joined: he's been a shocking signing. What's become apparent to me increasingly, apart from his inability to do anything dangerous or creative, is his downright cowardice. I've never seems player shit out of more 50-50s than nasri. He shit out of one against everton which would have been a goal. He makes the coward's pass constantly; back to the centre half or square along the line. He even shits out of taking responsibility in a goal scoring opportunity, and this was on display yet again yesterday.

Bearing that in mind, who the fuck put him in an undermanned wall in the situation we were in yesterday? What kind of decision was that?

Nasri is all about slowing the move down. He's all about negative passing and slow momentum. He's continually poking little '1-2' passes into areas where no '1-2' is ever going to come off.

He's a total fucking liability and the fact that he once scored against Chelsea does not change the fact that he's the wrong player for us. It hurts me badly that we were also looking at Sanchez and hazard when we signed this clown. Proper widemen who make things happen rather than this charlatan.

Not only is he not dangerous to the opposition, he leaves his full back exposed too. A total and utter excuse of an attacking player and it gives me no pleasure that our fanbase appears to be getting wise to this fact.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've made my feelings clear on nasri since he joined: he's been a shocking signing. What's become apparent to me increasingly, apart from his inability to do anything dangerous or creative, is his downright cowardice. I've never seems player shit out of more 50-50s than nasri. He shit out of one against everton which would have been a goal. He makes the coward's pass constantly; back to the centre half or square along the line. He even shits out of taking responsibility in a goal scoring opportunity, and this was on display yet again yesterday.

Bearing that in mind, who the fuck put him in an undermanned wall in the situation we were in yesterday? What kind of decision was that?

Nasri is all about slowing the move down. He's all about negative passing and slow momentum. He's continually poking little '1-2' passes into areas where no '1-2' is ever going to come off.

He's a total fucking liability and the fact that he once scored against Chelsea does not change the fact that he's the wrong player for us. It hurts me badly that we were also looking at Sanchez and hazard when we signed this clown. Proper widemen who make things happen rather than this charlatan.

Not only is he not dangerous to the opposition, he leaves his full back exposed too. A total and utter excuse of an attacking player and it gives me no pleasure that our fanbase appears to be getting wise to this fact.

I think that just about sums him up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.