Samir Nasri {merged}

Re: The final straw for Nasri {merged}

Didsbury Dave said:
I've made my feelings clear on nasri since he joined: he's been a shocking signing. What's become apparent to me increasingly, apart from his inability to do anything dangerous or creative, is his downright cowardice. I've never seems player shit out of more 50-50s than nasri. He shit out of one against everton which would have been a goal. He makes the coward's pass constantly; back to the centre half or square along the line. He even shits out of taking responsibility in a goal scoring opportunity, and this was on display yet again yesterday.

Bearing that in mind, who the fuck put him in an undermanned wall in the situation we were in yesterday? What kind of decision was that?

Nasri is all about slowing the move down. He's all about negative passing and slow momentum. He's continually poking little '1-2' passes into areas where no '1-2' is ever going to come off.

He's a total fucking liability and the fact that he once scored against Chelsea does not change the fact that he's the wrong player for us. It hurts me badly that we were also looking at Sanchez and hazard when we signed this clown. Proper widemen who make things happen rather than this charlatan.

Not only is he not dangerous to the opposition, he leaves his full back exposed too. A total and utter excuse of an attacking player and it gives me no pleasure that our fanbase appears to be getting wise to this fact.

He's a player who coaches love. He was undroppable at Arsenal, and he rarely if ever gets dropped by Mancini.

I know how you feel about him mate, and I think we're pretty much at odds over it because I just don't think he's as bad as your making out. But ... putting that aside, what are your thoughts on moving him into a central midfield role behind a more advanced Yaya. Basically doing the job of recycling the ball which he does from a wide, but from a position where it's actually required rather than the only option left.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
As I say mate, for me it's not rocket science. When you have two "wide" players both of whom instinctively want to move into central areas it's going to create problems and imbalance. Silva is far more adept at playing that role (a hybrid winger/false 9 I guess). Nasri for my money, and I said this when we signed him and even before that when he was at Arsenal, is a central midfield player. Nothing more and nothing less. Play him where Yaya plays and have him do that role and he'll provide much more than he currently does.
I've no argument with you there, and its down to Mancini who keeps picking the two together, but who would you play first ? Nasri or Yaya ? I don't think there's many would pick Nasri ahead of Yaya, so it makes him a player we only need when Yaya isn't around.

Like many, I think Milner offers more options, for a player with much less ability, and a better team player (obviously wasn't an option yesterday).

So, I agree, Milner is a much better wide player than Nasri. I also agree that Nasri isn't Yaya. However, part of our wider problem is the need to squeeze two forwards into every starting line up. Because for me the best way to utilize those midfield players is to play Yaya in the advanced attacking role, with Nasri a little deeper dictating play, Silva one side, Miler providing width on the other, and one forward.

I'd go with that. It would also allow us to play Maicon and Richards more against big teams because their attacking runs would be covered by Milner defensively.

I keep thinking actually, if we could put a Scott Parker type of defensive midfield buzzer next to him to cover his ridiculous workrate, Nasri might be good in the ball retaining Barry role.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've made my feelings clear on nasri since he joined: he's been a shocking signing. What's become apparent to me increasingly, apart from his inability to do anything dangerous or creative, is his downright cowardice. I've never seems player shit out of more 50-50s than nasri. He shit out of one against everton which would have been a goal. He makes the coward's pass constantly; back to the centre half or square along the line. He even shits out of taking responsibility in a goal scoring opportunity, and this was on display yet again yesterday.

Bearing that in mind, who the fuck put him in an undermanned wall in the situation we were in yesterday? What kind of decision was that?

Nasri is all about slowing the move down. He's all about negative passing and slow momentum. He's continually poking little '1-2' passes into areas where no '1-2' is ever going to come off.

He's a total fucking liability and the fact that he once scored against Chelsea does not change the fact that he's the wrong player for us. It hurts me badly that we were also looking at Sanchez and hazard when we signed this clown. Proper widemen who make things happen rather than this charlatan.

Not only is he not dangerous to the opposition, he leaves his full back exposed too. A total and utter excuse of an attacking player and it gives me no pleasure that our fanbase appears to be getting wise to this fact.

He's a player who coaches love. He was undroppable at Arsenal, and he rarely if ever gets dropped by Mancini.

I know how you feel about him mate, and I think we're pretty much at odds over it because I just don't think he's as bad as your making out. But ... putting that aside, what are your thoughts on moving him into a central midfield role behind a more advanced Yaya. Basically doing the job of recycling the ball which he does from a wide, but from a position where it's actually required rather than the only option left.

No excuse for him wimping out yesterday. But, his ability to keep hold of the ball, manoeuvre out of tight spaces and find a pass ( a lot of the time backwards or sideways, granted) is unquestionable. He also has an eye for goal, much more than Silva.

He is the new scapegoat, both on here and around the ground. He certainly isn't playing well at the moment, and was Milner fit I would have started him. That being said, Yaya is certainly looking no better than Nasri at the moment, I don't think.

However, Nasri may have been a part of what caused that goal, but the blame cannot be heaped on his shoulders. A pathetic first half performance, no shape, no structure, and Mancinis inability to manage the TEAM when Balotelli plays were factors. Likewise, not starting Tevez was a clear mistake.

Mancini has to take the blame for this as much as anyone else. I have been critical of our performances, but never too critical of Mancini. Today I am critical of Mancini because yet again his inability to get the best out of our players combined with some strange decisions was highlighted yesterday.

When Silva was injured Mancini had the perfect opportunity to play him centrally,so why didn't he?

At the time of his signing,many said he wasn't needed as he wouldn't 'fit' - this appears to be the case.He unbalances the team for me,a more orthodox player,whether wide or central(and one with bollocks...) should have been purchased.

Another poor signing for the list.

Apart from Silva, he's probably our most naturally skilful player. But there's no room for a bottler in the team.

Didsbury Dave said:

Bang on.

Forget the free-kick, have a look at the run up to the free kick, not even mentioned.

Clichy fucks up, however, when the ball comes into the middle, a high bounce, Nasri stands back from competing, allowing Jones to head and keep the ball alive.

Boateng, another player I also said was a shithouse, was quickly rumbled but got more stick than Nasri.

I feel some fans are now conscious of Nasri's big reputation and fee, not wanting to admit we should never have bought him in the first place.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I feel some fans are now conscious of Nasri's big reputation and fee, not wanting to admit we should never have bought him in the first place.

I'm considering giving up my Cabal membership based on it's current treatment of Nasri ... ;)

Nasri's fee was a joke.

Chelsea got Mata for the same price. Arsenal got Cazorla for half price.

One big difference between Nasri and Mata/Cazorla:

Nasri was in his last year of contract Cazorla/Mata wasn not at their Spanish clubs.

Imagine what would Nasri cost us if he has 3 years on his Arsenal contract!
40m maybe. Joke.

He was only 24 m because he held all the cards with his Arsenal contract.

Hopefully his resale value is not too bad just in case...
(but if PSG wont take him, we wont even see 15m from his price back).

I rate Nasri but every week I am getting more and more frustrated because he us hindering the tesm with the way he is playing or how Mancini is telling him to.
Gone are the days it seems when he would weave around defenders and have a shot or lay a perfect ball across.
Now he just keeps posession and the passing game ticking along without doing nothing.

I have always known he is a "weak" player but that doesn't mean he is shit or a bad person. He shoulld never have been put in the wall.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

im too busy for a full reply, billy, but for me, I'd rather not see him anywhere near the city team again. 'recycling' means nothing. He certainly can't play as a holding midfielder(he was put there late on yesterday) because he can't tackle and has the physical presence of a 10 year old. He'd get bullied off the park.

Cut our losses, get £12m off some mug club who are buying his reputation and learn a lesson.

He's been a disaster. 18 months is long enough to judge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.