Samir Nasri {merged}

Mark - TheBlue said:
Nasri and Silva is overkill they have the same properties as players so can't really compliment each other. Silva is better and if he was playing with a different player preferably someone with pace who he can play into dangerous positions and that player can in turn use his pace and ability to get past his man and create, even just using his speed to be played into a 1 on 1 situation.

But because they are so Similar its Silva to Nasri who turns and gives it backwards. Both good players just feels like both of them on the same team isn't needed.

Show me one video of Nasri giving a through ball half the quality of Silva vs Everton or United last season. Wherever, Marseille, Arsenal or Here.

I'm getting sick of repeating this but these excuses are too much too bear. NASRI IS NOT SIMILAR TO SILVA. NASRI IS A BETTER WINGER THAN PLAYMAKER (how sh*t he may be as a winger, he's even more as a playmaker). HE NEVER HAS PLAYED PLAYMAKER IN ANY CLUB HE WAS IN (winger at Arsenal, busquets type 6 at Marseille).

Why do the fanboys not admit that he has bad performances at his best position? Do you really want to waste two more years on trying Nasri as a playmaker, after wasting two of them on Nasri the winger?

I read above a comment saying Milner is prefered because he's English, well, if there ever was an ethnic element involved, it would much more be in favour of Nasri than Milner. I don't see the necessity to elaborate on that but everyone can understand my point.

He's a fucking coward. Fuck him off.
He's not been a bad player for city , but he's not been a great one.

HalaSilva said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Nasri and Silva is overkill they have the same properties as players so can't really compliment each other. Silva is better and if he was playing with a different player preferably someone with pace who he can play into dangerous positions and that player can in turn use his pace and ability to get past his man and create, even just using his speed to be played into a 1 on 1 situation.

But because they are so Similar its Silva to Nasri who turns and gives it backwards. Both good players just feels like both of them on the same team isn't needed.

Show me one video of Nasri giving a through ball half the quality of Silva vs Everton or United last season. Wherever, Marseille, Arsenal or Here.

I'm getting sick of repeating this but these excuses are too much too bear. NASRI IS NOT SIMILAR TO SILVA. NASRI IS A BETTER WINGER THAN PLAYMAKER (how sh*t he may be as a winger, he's even more as a playmaker). HE NEVER HAS PLAYED PLAYMAKER IN ANY CLUB HE WAS IN (winger at Arsenal, busquets type 6 at Marseille).

Why do the fanboys not admit that he has bad performances at his best position? Do you really want to waste two more years on trying Nasri as a playmaker, after wasting two of them on Nasri the winger?

I read above a comment saying Milner is prefered because he's English, well, if there ever was an ethnic element involved, it would much more be in favour of Nasri than Milner. I don't see the necessity to elaborate on that but everyone can understand my point.

set up silvas chance where he hit the post in the derby

and the one thing he does have over silva is his finishing is an awful lot better

i think if we are going to play silva and nasri in the same team howevr we have to play with a 5 man midfield and one striker and you have to have milner and barry on the pitch as well as yaya....that leaves just the space for the one striker.

nasri has been a decent player for us....as usually happens however after a defeat in a big game a couple of players are singled out...its balo and nasri this time.....what about silva failing to track rooney's run for the second goal?...what abuot our defensive midfielders going missing for the break away to the first goal that again caused kompany to be pulled way to far forward out of the defensive like to try and intercept and thats when RVP has chested the ball onto young.....

there are many faults in every game......especially when we lose...but we lose as a team....

RM needs to get his midfield re balanced.....it isnt the fault of one single player...its getting the system right and that at the moment is proving difficult

There is a difference between setup and through ball. That Everton pass from Silva is textbook, Nasri has to be able to do a similus of that to be termed CAM.

No Barcelona fan would have asked to Messi and Iniesta for tracking back on Rooney, no Madrid fan to Ronaldo or Ozil, no United fan to Van Persie.

Why should one of the 5 best attacking players in the world have to track back to compensate for our defensive midfielder/defendor's errors?

I don't think Nasri has been decent, but let's say you're right. Is a decent player worth playing in a team that wants to win to leagues in a row? Is a decent player worth 25m £ for his last year of contract? And if we really want a decent player, why not play Milner who at least has a defensive contribution too and, most of all, isn't afraid of the ball. I'm sure Milner would have taken that ball ten times in his face if it meant saving us from losing and him having a spot in the team.

The funniest thing in all this is Nasri's attitude. If you follow him on Twitter, he spends most of his time degrading himself on the level of normal people and insulting each and everyone who criticizes him. During the Euro cup, he insulted l'Equipe journalists because of criticism. Before that, he had fights with Henry over respect issues. During this very match, he insulted the umpire in his back. I guess that's what a man is meant to be for him. Well, guess what, a man should also be able to stand straight in a wall.

set up silvas chance where he hit the post in the derby

and the one thing he does have over silva is his finishing is an awful lot better

i think if we are going to play silva and nasri in the same team howevr we have to play with a 5 man midfield and one striker and you have to have milner and barry on the pitch as well as yaya....that leaves just the space for the one striker.

nasri has been a decent player for us....as usually happens however after a defeat in a big game a couple of players are singled out...its balo and nasri this time.....what about silva failing to track rooney's run for the second goal?...what abuot our defensive midfielders going missing for the break away to the first goal that again caused kompany to be pulled way to far forward out of the defensive like to try and intercept and thats when RVP has chested the ball onto young.....

there are many faults in every game......especially when we lose...but we lose as a team....

RM needs to get his midfield re balanced.....it isnt the fault of one single player...its getting the system right and that at the moment is proving difficult[/quote]

Could have written that myself word for word.

Well said.

And that's payback for Gooner's "advice" about Nasri

Just concentrate on your own club and your own problems - you've got enough of them

HalaSilva said:
There is a difference between setup and through ball. That Everton pass from Silva is textbook, Nasri has to be able to do a similus of that to be termed CAM.

No Barcelona fan would have asked to Messi and Iniesta for tracking back on Rooney, no Madrid fan to Ronaldo or Ozil, no United fan to Van Persie.

Why should one of the 5 best attacking players in the world have to track back to compensate for our defensive midfielder/defendor's errors?

I don't think Nasri has been decent, but let's say you're right. Is a decent player worth playing in a team that wants to win to leagues in a row? Is a decent player worth 25m £ for his last year of contract? And if we really want a decent player, why not play Milner who at least has a defensive contribution too and, most of all, isn't afraid of the ball. I'm sure Milner would have taken that ball ten times in his face if it meant saving us from losing and him having a spot in the team.

The funniest thing in all this is Nasri's attitude. If you follow him on Twitter, he spends most of his time degrading himself on the level of normal people and insulting each and everyone who criticizes him. During the Euro cup, he insulted l'Equipe journalists because of criticism. Before that, he had fights with Henry over respect issues. During this very match, he insulted the umpire in his back. I guess that's what a man is meant to be for him. Well, guess what, a man should also be able to stand straight in a wall.

while i agree ont he poitn about milner...he does not have the creativity that nasri does have from wither a wide position or central...yes milner is far batter defensively but attacking wise he isnt (or at least not enough on a regualr basis). Nasris ball retention is also very good and he does have a goal threat if played further enough forward but this is whre again i think he suffers a bit and takes one for the team so to speak in allowing silva further forward......

like i said if he has to be played with silva it has to be a 5 man midfield as neither of them are strong enough defensively to get away with is being a 4 man midfield unless you play 2 very defensive minded midfielders and this would mean dropping yaya as you would have to play 2 out of barry, garcia or milner (this again goes back to the debate of why yaya isnt the force this year as he was last and where is his most effective position)

nasri is more of an effective winger than silva (though he is certainly not a winger so maybe I should say wide player btu then that would also unbalancethe team to play him out wide just on one side unless you put milner or sinclair on the other side with teh two defeinve midfielders int he middle...but would you really drop silva...i wouldnt!

nasri is an excellent player and has been for us...however at the moment the way RM is tryign to balance the team he doesnt fit in unless you play one striker (which to me is our best way)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.