Samir Nasri {merged}

RyanP3609 said:
onceabluealways said:
Lets be honest here the Arsenal fans who came on the board when we signed him described him perfectly.

Lots of us thought it may have been sour grapes but they described him as a player who just flatters to deceive. That what he has been doing for 18 months.

He isn't exactly carried as he contributes to the game but he doesn't do the brave things like run past a man , play the killer ball, and stand up in the wall.

I would like to see sinclair given a run out on the left see if he can track back and help the left back a bit more than Samir does when he's out on that side.

The Nasri I remember at Arsenal was one who'd constantly take on a man and run at players, all he seems to do here is slow our play right down, he gets the ball and stands on it, before passing sideways (usually waiting/looking for Silva or Yaya). He is a talented player but much like the other one we got from Arse (Ade) only when it suits him. I still can't believe what he did for that free-kick though... unforgivable.

He was exactly like that at Arsenal too. His favourite thing was getting the ball, dribbling towards the corner flag and passing it back to Clichy. It was very rare for him to take players on, he just seemed to lack confidence and slow play down. He has his moments and there was a game where he tore Gary Neville apart, but those games were very rare.

Arsenalfan23 said:
RyanP3609 said:
onceabluealways said:
Lets be honest here the Arsenal fans who came on the board when we signed him described him perfectly.

Lots of us thought it may have been sour grapes but they described him as a player who just flatters to deceive. That what he has been doing for 18 months.

He isn't exactly carried as he contributes to the game but he doesn't do the brave things like run past a man , play the killer ball, and stand up in the wall.

I would like to see sinclair given a run out on the left see if he can track back and help the left back a bit more than Samir does when he's out on that side.

The Nasri I remember at Arsenal was one who'd constantly take on a man and run at players, all he seems to do here is slow our play right down, he gets the ball and stands on it, before passing sideways (usually waiting/looking for Silva or Yaya). He is a talented player but much like the other one we got from Arse (Ade) only when it suits him. I still can't believe what he did for that free-kick though... unforgivable.

He was exactly like that at Arsenal too. His favourite thing was getting the ball, dribbling towards the corner flag and passing it back to Clichy. It was very rare for him to take players on, he just seemed to lack confidence and slow play down. He has his moments and there was a game where he tore Gary Neville apart, but those games were very rare.

the warnings from your lot seem to have been proven although you're wrong about clichy, he's fucking ace.

i'd take £30 mill for nasri and balotelli at the moment.

ban-mcfc said:
Arsenalfan23 said:
RyanP3609 said:

the warnings from your lot seem to have been proven although you're wrong about clichy, he's fucking ace.

I think Clichy lost his way at Arsenal and on Sunday, his failure to clear the ball was something he did very often. He always gave 100% and had the energy but his concentration levels really let him down. No hard feelings, glad he's doing well as he's a good guy and deserves it.

Arsenalfan23 said:
ban-mcfc said:
Arsenalfan23 said:

I think Clichy lost his way at Arsenal and on Sunday, his failure to clear the ball was something he did very often. He always gave 100% and had the energy but his concentration levels really let him down. No hard feelings, glad he's doing well as he's a good guy and deserves it.
Clichy has been absolutely outstanding at City. best left back in the League.

He was not 100% fit on Sunday and it showed (our other left back is also injured) and was trying to keep the ball as we wanted to win the game.

I don't know why Nasri gets so much criticism from Arsenal and the national media. Been another top signing for City. Not been on the top of his game this season yet, but I can say that about a lot of players at City eg Aguero and Yaya Toure.

Marvin said:
Been another top signing for City.

He's really not though has he? He's had some very good games and made some important contributions but you expect a lot more for his price tag/profile, there are playmakers out there who impress nearly every game while Nasri may impress in one then go missing for four before showing up again.

Agree on Clichy though, he's been so good that his bad performances can be named quickly because they are so few (like against Chelsea away last season).

I don't think he has been a top signing either. But not sure if getting rid of him would be the best thing either. Let's be honest...we've got many expensive signings people here wouldn't mind seeing go.

Nasri, Balotelli, Dzeko, Garcia, Sinclair, Kolarov....selling them now and losing a lot of money, as well as making City look ridiculous...is it really the best option? And who is to say the replacements would be any better?

People who expect the owner to take a huge hit on every expensive signing that hasn't lived up to all expectations and then just fund a move for someone even more expensive like Falcao, need to get real.

Arsenalfan23 said:
ban-mcfc said:
Arsenalfan23 said:

he should have cleared that ball at the end and was deal with both rafael and valencia for large parts as mancini didn't give him help.

he's one our greatest bargains and quite honestly the best left back i can remember at city. although i am only 20.

for 7 million it doesn't seem real to be honest.

Marvin said:
Arsenalfan23 said:
ban-mcfc said:

He was not 100% fit on Sunday and it showed (our other left back is also injured) and was trying to keep the ball as we wanted to win the game.

I don't know why Nasri gets so much criticism from Arsenal and the national media. Been another top signing for City. Not been on the top of his game this season yet, but I can say that about a lot of players at City eg Aguero and Yaya Toure.

He's been mostly very solid, "best left back in the league"...I don't think so.

jerseyblue said:
Marvin said:
Arsenalfan23 said:

He's been mostly very solid, "best left back in the league"...I don't think so.

who is then?

i think it's between clichy and baines from what i've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.