Samir Nasri {merged}

So, what you're saying is that Nasri isn't a pure winger and he has to be given a central role, which would mean either drop Silva or Yaya Touré. That would of coure be pure non sense but, before even thinking of a configuration where Nasri can play in a central role, I have simple questions:

What makes you think Nasri would be better as a playmaker than a wider role?

Is there a game where you have seen play good at that position?

Has he played well for all of Silva's injury time?

Has he ever played for a long period of time there at Arsenal and Marseille?

Does he have good vista and a great amout of assists (baring corners)?

Does he have the defensive skill to be played in a Pirlo role?

The answer to all of the above is a big no (feel free to contradict).

If you take out corner and set plays, Nasri has 31 assists in the 9 seasons he's been playing professional football for, including half in Ligue 1. Is that good enough for Man City's playmaker?

I often hear this phrase ''He's good at retention'' Who isn't when all you do is lateral and behind passes? Even a defensive midfielder would be criticized for that because he takes several touches and a lot of time to do it (because of his lack of technical ability). When you're a winger, it creates pressure on your defender.

I mean, have a look at Silva and Yaya. Whenever they do back passes, most of the time, it's one touch and it actually creates space.

Not been good since he joined us admittedly, but i do feel the fans are getting on his back a tad too much, he can make things happen mancini is playing him out of position he is not a winger. He has all the attributes to be a quality player for us he just needs to click into gear (like the rest of the team) MARIO out

HalaSilva said:
So, what you're saying is that Nasri isn't a pure winger and he has to be given a central role, which would mean either drop Silva or Yaya Touré. That would of coure be pure non sense but, before even thinking of a configuration where Nasri can play in a central role, I have simple questions:

I often hear this phrase ''He's good at retention'' Who isn't when all you do is lateral and behind passes? Even a defensive midfielder would be criticized for that because he takes several touches and a lot of time to do it (because of his lack of technical ability). When you're a winger, it creates pressure on your defender.

I mean, have a look at Silva and Yaya. Whenever they do back passes, most of the time, it's one touch and it actually creates space.

nooooooo

you completely misuderstand me (sort of)

I firstly am in no way suggesting that we should drop silva or yaya (or that he is better than these 2)

also in the 5 man midfield like we were playing at the start of last season, nasri and silva had freer roles..Nasri did tend to drift left but also came central....as did silva

In no way could he play as a defensive midfielder but he does seem to play a little deeper when silva is on the pitch and if you look at what happened when yaya went off on sunday it was nasri that mancini asked to drop centrally (not that i think thats a good idea)

I have seen nasri play well on many occasions (the spurs 5-1 springs to mind) and he is certainly more of a goal threat than silva is

As i keep trying to point out and i think you are missing it, its very difficult to play nasri in a what is essentially a 4 man midfield when we are playing with 2 strikers (which ever 2 it is).....h can however be part of a very good 5 man midfield with yaya, silva barry and milner....

but asking him to do a defensive role is not what we shold be doing.......and therefore to assisinate him on this (as neville and some others on this board are doing) is not particulalry fair which is why i pointed to the fact that silva made a mistake for rooneys goal in not tracking him...but as you said...he shouldnt be doing that...and neither shold nasri

HalaSilva said:

If you take out corner and set plays, Nasri has 31 assists in the 9 seasons he's been playing professional football for, including half in Ligue 1. Is that good enough for Man City's playmaker?

some of you should listen to this man, he knows his football.

I thought he was a sure fire certainty when we signed him....however in the majority of matches he has played he has just done enough....Tottenham and Chelsea were the exceptions.....however against the real top teams (and it hurts me to say it but United are a top team) just enough is simply not good enough.
Quite simply after that pathetic attempt at trying to stop the ball, he should NEVER wear the sky blue shirt again.
Do you think any United player would get away with what Nasri did and play again for them ??

simon23 said:
RandomJ said:
mancunial said:
Neville did a character assassination on nas wonder why?

Because he deserved it. Fucking pussy.

no he didnt......
If he was refering to Sundays game, then yes he did, he was awful, we can't afford passengers at this level, he's often a passenger, despite his obvious ability.

This all Nasri's slagging is gone too far I'm afraid.

Kompany did much worse thing in Real Madrid game that was probably more important than this one but he never got a shit Nasri got in last 2 days.

Some of you are just too obsessed with derby. I can imagine some hot-heads giving Nasri all kind of abuse in games to come, that will certainly help (not) him and the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.