Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

bluecroi said:
sniff said:
corky1970 said:
again another fantastic post by this quality poster !

applauds !!

i like the post, but the bit about the home fans being great....

Must be harping back to the 70s for that.... Im 30 and do not ever recall going Anfield and not thinking it's not that great.

Every time i went, they sing never walk alone to a backing track, before the game. After that, not a lot really.

Eh thanks. Not that old though.
And I'm not saying they Liverpool fans are amazing, they are over hyped, but my point was that over the past few years when the CL was at the final stages and they were in it, and the world of football was looking at England, I felt Liverpool fans at home, (and away), were a much better representations of English football than the rags..or so I felt anyway.
The Chelsea Liverpool semi final a few years ago was a good example of it.

I wasnt having a digg mate, just come across wrong.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post..

lee-mcfc said:
disgusting, right they worn tshirts so why couldnt they wear the anti racism shirts instead?
[bigimg]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article833098.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/John-Terry-Luis-Suarez+cropped[/bigimg]

would of been 10 times better than the suarez shirts..

and glen johnson is a fool
Unfair to put the responsibility for calling that farce on Johnson alone just because he's black, it's not only black people who should stand up against racists.

bluecroi said:
Liverpool are in a very tricky situation, I understand that, but they should have said that the matter has been dealt with by the FA and they will deal with it internally.
They shouldn't have blathered on trying to defend his innocence after he admitted the truth.
Ignorance is not an excuse, not in this day and age.
Wearing those t-shirts is a slap in the face to all the anti racism work that has been done in football.
There is no two ways about it, they are defending racism, and what kind of message does that send.
What? This is how English football deals with their racism?
Hey kids support us, players come play for us.

I used to have a bit of respect for Liverpool.
Their fans were great at home and something you could show on the European stage..well they were a damn side better than the rags, and YNWA is a song I'm almost jealous of.
But their complete disregard for the respect of so many years of hard work done, they've literally brushed aside, because in his country, it's ok. Ignorance is ok.

I know they have to back their player..I know the fans feel they should too especially because it's a United v Liverpool thing, but the tshirts..it's insulting and it's provocative.
I agree with Paul McGrath, it puts that kick racism out of football campaign back to the beginning.
I agree with the exception of them having to back the player. They don't have to do so, but they're terrified because as much as I dislike him he is a talented player and I think the club sees the writing on the wall that they are unlikely to get Champions League next year, so they won't be attracting more talented players meaning they're scared and they'll do anything to hold onto talent... even selling their ethics and morals.

I agree with the exception of them having to back the player. They don't have to do so, but they're terrified because as much as I dislike him he is a talented player and I think the club sees the writing on the wall that they are unlikely to get Champions League next year, so they won't be attracting more talented players meaning they're scared and they'll do anything to hold onto talent... even selling their ethics and morals

I have a lot of time for Dalgleish...always did tbh. He comes across as a fair minded person and I dont think he's changed overnight. However, this latest debacle seems to have revealed how utterly naive he can be. I really dont think its anything more sinister than that. I dont think its got much to do with retaining his squad for next year, the reason being that I really dont think he, or the club in general, have thought this through properly. Imo bloody mindedness has clouded their vision. Their actions this week has tarnished Liverpool FC's reputation and the ramifications will be felt for a very long time to come.

To me this whole episode underlines the fact that Dalgleish has been getting by on his reputation. The 'King' status has flattered to decieve. Clearly his handling of the situation is not befitting of an astute mind. It smacks of a desperate call to rally the troops and I cant see anything else other than it will backfire and damage LFC as a club and a brand name worldwide now and in the future.

Prestwich_Blue said:
"King" Kenny has now taken delsuion to an even higher level;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...FA-to-act-over-fans-abuse-of-Luis-Suarez.html

Kenny Dalglish has called on the FA to protect Luis Suarez from the "antagonism" of opposing supporters. Wigan fans booed Suárez on Wednesday, the day after the striker was banned for eight matches for calling Patrice Evra "negro" during Liverpool's game with Manchester United at Anfield on Oct 15.

Henry Winter rightly lays into him in the article. Perhaps the King that Kenny most resembles is George III.

dalglish is deluded enough to demand the fa issues a list of words which are acceptable & unacceptable on the field of play. they will never do this as even if they have 500 words & expressions on a banned list there will always be more (in multiple languages) that are overlooked or even unknown to them.

the article includes one interesting point i wasn't aware of. i.e. suarez's 14 days appeal period starts from the day liverpool receive the fa's written reasons for reaching their verdict & these haven't been issued yet.

kennycar said:
lee-mcfc said:
disgusting, right they worn tshirts so why couldnt they wear the anti racism shirts instead?
[bigimg]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article833098.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/John-Terry-Luis-Suarez+cropped[/bigimg]

would of been 10 times better than the suarez shirts..

and glen johnson is a fool
Unfair to put the responsibility for calling that farce on Johnson alone just because he's black, it's not only black people who should stand up against racists.
am not just putting responsibilty all on him, if i was him and heard that suarez is guilty of saying negro there's no way i'd put a "support suarez" top on...

id put one of them on ^ (on the pic)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its funny on rawk their laughing at the john terry charge but defending suarez keep saying he's innocent..

Suarez (merged)

With Liverpool this is all about champions league, without Suarez they know they have a very minimal chance of achieving it, the whole club is under pressure, from their pathetic pundits to the owners. This is the main problem, certain clubs think they have a Devine right to their cash cow and will sell their soul to the devil to achieve this goal. The shirt wearing smacks of desperation, this lot could have been played down with a statement of apology from Suarez, a club discipline and a focus on retraining of Suarez, this way he might have got a lesser ban and the club would have been seen in a better light.

mancunial said:
With Liverpool this is all about champions league, without Suarez they know they have a very minimal chance of achieving it, the whole club is under pressure, from their pathetic pundits to the owners. This is the main problem, certain clubs think they have a Devine right to their cash cow and will sell their soul to the devil to achieve this goal. The shirt wearing smacks of desperation, this lot could have been played down with a statement of apology from Suarez, a club discipline and a focus on retraining of Suarez, this way he might have got a lesser ban and the club would have been seen in a better light.

To be honest , I don't think they've even thought that far. It's all about this victim mentality that infests scousers. Spent the past day reading that Suarez thread on rawk and I have not shook my head at a monitor like that since the be-heading videos first hit the web. One daft **** even suggested they fuck the fa off by starting a new league ffs. LOLZZZZZzzzz,,,

Then they spend two days 'rigging' a sky poll for best player so Suarez could win it, only to get pipped by nani and what do they do, they write to every tom dick and harrry complaining it was rigged. They even made a fuckin video... A VIDEO!!

You just can't make these clowns up

Blootoof said:
mancunial said:

To be honest , I don't think they've even thought that far. It's all about this victim mentality that infests scousers. Spent the past day reading that Suarez thread on rawk and I have not shook my head at a monitor like that since the be-heading videos first hit the web. One daft **** even suggested they fuck the fa off by starting a new league ffs. LOLZZZZZzzzz,,,

Then they spend two days 'rigging' a sky poll for best player so Suarez could win it, only to get pipped by nani and what do they do, they write to every tom dick and harrry complaining it was rigged. They even made a fuckin video... A VIDEO!!

You just can't make these clowns up

I agree, it's less about the football itself now with some of them and more about complaining and finding 'injustice' against them. To be honest I know they'll be a lot of decent scousers who support the club but that section who seem to feel the world is a conspiracy against them is getting either much louder or bigger.

The thing about this is the press and the scousers are in danger of making suarez seem a better player than he is when quite frankly it just isnt true his goalscoring record isnt that good and then people say he makes chances for others well lpools goalscoring record doesnt back that up either, then people say he is a game changer well the amount of draws lpool have had suggest he doesnt change those games into wins does he, the press and lpool fans are falling all over themselves to put this guy onto a pedestal which he just doesnt deserve to be on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.