Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

Slight tangent but whilst we were discussing this in the boozer earlier it made me swing back to the John Terry defence which still makes me piss...

"Yes, I did say fucking black **** however it was because Anton had asked me whether I called him a fucking black **** and I was just replying that "No, Anton, I didn't call you a fucking black ****", it's just that the camera didn't pick up the first part of my sentence"

You really couldn't make it up, surely the answer from JT would have just been "No".....

He must be looking at a bigger ban than Suarez otherwise the system really isn't right.

It's amazing the amount of people (not just dipper fans) defending Suarez. Their biggest arguments are that, in his culture, using "negrito" is perfectly acceptable (I believe that is the term/phrase in question). Heard that it's something he would call his little brother. Something that is sometimes used as a term of endearment.

Well, it's NOT acceptable, it's not a term of endearment, and he wasn't speaking to his little brother.

Anyone who argues otherwise is a clueless twat.

Blootoof said:
Big toothed Racist scouse ****

I don't suppose you've got an account on rawk? You could be the Mancunian ambassador to Liverpool.

leighton said:
IF Suarez is getting 8 games. What will Terry get after the cameras picked up what he said?

Agreed fella, just what I have posted above yours.

Surely must warrant 10/12 game ban?

Calcio said:
Cheadle Blue said:
will liverpool want to appeal, and stand bye someone thats been found "guilty" of racism? its a difficult one for their club and how to play it from here. i for one will sit back and enjoy this blowing up and ruining their season. another year with no european football....happy days
Its not diffucult one at all. What they need to do is accept the ban, apologies to the player, and make suarez apology. Say they will help the player not to make similar mistakes in the future and just move on. Everyone would accept that. He used a racist word, sh!t happens. Just be man enough to apologies and learn from it.

Instead they are writing a statement where they want Evra to be charged as well. Talk about bad pr

This is very true.

It's like a kid found guilty of a crime that he admitted to and his Ma coming on TV to tell the world "he's done no wrong, he's a good boy!"!! It's a real 'wtf??' moment!

I mean, how do the Dippers appeal about someone who's admitted guilt? It will just be seen as 'frivolous' and added to. They should just let it go.

ban-mcfc said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Apologies for being a latecomer to the thread but has there been any word on what Suarez actually said? Either in English or in Spanish...

i think.... it was something that meant little black man but can be taken both ways in Uruguay, i could be wrong, but bigga has summed it all up in a few lines!

According to the Independent the word may have been 'negrito' which translates as 'little black' and in context clearly referred to Evra (so literally 'small black man') . I know in Mexican Spanish (I am unfamiliar with Uruguayan Spanish) that words coupled with the diminutive suffix "-ito" (meaning small) can be used affectionately however I do agree with the FA (assuming that this was the word in question) that it was unlikely to have been used in that way.

Bigga said:
Calcio said:
Cheadle Blue said:
will liverpool want to appeal, and stand bye someone thats been found "guilty" of racism? its a difficult one for their club and how to play it from here. i for one will sit back and enjoy this blowing up and ruining their season. another year with no european football....happy days
Its not diffucult one at all. What they need to do is accept the ban, apologies to the player, and make suarez apology. Say they will help the player not to make similar mistakes in the future and just move on. Everyone would accept that. He used a racist word, sh!t happens. Just be man enough to apologies and learn from it.

Instead they are writing a statement where they want Evra to be charged as well. Talk about bad pr

This is very true.

It's like a kid found guilty of a crime that he admitted to and his Ma coming on TV to tell the world "he's done no wrong, he's a good boy!"!! It's a real 'wtf??' moment!

I mean, how do the Dippers appeal about someone who's admitted guilt? It will just be seen as 'frivolous' and added to. They should just let it go.
Their defence is in Uruguay its friendly banter between mates. Evra and Suarez is mates and go way back, despite what Evra says that’s how Suarez views Evra….a mate

I like Suarez and I don't think he's a racist (although obviously I don't know him). I think Patrice Evra is a **** of the highest order and I think that had this exchange taken place between a rag and a Stoke player we'd have heard nothing more about it.

Not read the LFC statement - but honestly - I'd expect them to back their best player to the hilt. City would do the same in under the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.